Page 82 of 98 ... 3272808182838492 ...
    Guru
    08-27-2015, 08:48 PM #811
    Sprint offers DirecTV customers free year of phone service

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/sprint-...180019237.html

Sprint is offering DirecTV customers one free year of cellphone service in a bold move aimed at the satellite TV company's new owner, AT&T.

08-27-2015, 08:57 PM #812

08-27-2015, 08:58 PM #813
    This is good information. Now I understand why you are so adamant about owning Sirius XM shares! I wish you the best of luck!

@Denco... is this what you are seeing too? Why do you own Sirius XM?

@User... what are your thoughts?

@Waldo... nevermind. I know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I'm not guessing but I did feel like a fool when I did not see the last two out of left field items that held EPS down last two quarters. I have torn apart their financials every Quarter for the last five years. Watched how one by one they took all of the balance sheet items / horrible debt deals /refinance / all metrics improving at an unbelievable rate / took a company and turned it into a cash flow machine and still have a mountain of losses to protect against taxes. Do they have anything left up their sleeve maybe but I can't find it. Two clues that lead me to believe that it's soon is that they publicly stated their tax rate going forward is X and the amortization of the settlement going forward over the next 10Q's. Why do this if they wanted to hold it down for another quarter? I've ran their financials past my in house accountants and outside accountants who certify my company's financials and asked them if they see the same company that I do hidden to the untrained eye. Believe me I am no wall street Guru but I do know how to run a business and read financials. I would not have ridden 6 figure swings if I did not believe I am right.
    Last edited by midas360; 08-27-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Guru
    08-27-2015, 09:24 PM #814
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    This is good information. Now I understand why you are so adamant about owning Sirius XM shares! I wish you the best of luck!

Oh boy....now we all have to explain to you why we own siri midas? Aye Aye Aye....let it go man...just take a chill pill will ya.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-27-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Mentor
    08-27-2015, 09:35 PM #815

Ultimately patient longs will be rewarded as this buy back finally plays out. I do believe this as Raptor/SF/DM and many others do. It has been a productive long holding for me for several years even with the relatively stagnant SP over the last 2 years. The more it drags SP and time the more undervalued it becomes as fundamentals continue to improve. Sure, it has been real frustrating
    at times since late 13 but that was almost 2 years ago. This portion of the long term play is in the late innings. LMCA is probably now at close to 64% ownership. They can only keep this up for so long before there will be too few shares left in the float for the SP not to react favorably...just a matter of time and in my opinion that is not too far down the road......anytime from now and the next 12 months or so.

EDIT: That's a good one DM........I decided to throw him a LONGBONE
    Last edited by denco1; 08-27-2015 at 09:39 PM.

08-27-2015, 09:42 PM #816
    You're suck a cock-sucker denco! That one was for Hedy (DM) and Crunching.Numbers (DM). HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Ultimately patient longs will be rewarded as this buy back finally plays out. I do believe this as Raptor/SF/DM and many others do. It has been a productive long holding for me for several years even with the relatively stagnant SP over the last 2 years. The more it drags SP and time the more undervalued it becomes as fundamentals continue to improve. Sure, it has been real frustrating
    at times since late 13 but that was almost 2 years ago. This portion of the long term play is in the late innings. LMCA is probably now at close to 64% ownership. They can only keep this up for so long before there will be too few shares left in the float for the SP not to react favorably...just a matter of time and in my opinion that is not too far down the road......anytime from now and the next 12 months or so.

Addict
    08-27-2015, 09:56 PM #817

@User... what are your thoughts?

@Waldo... nevermind. I know what you think.
    What do I think? You wanna know what I think? I think that all those points that Raptor mentions are valid points and that any other stock on the planet earth would have already gone parabolic with a resume' just half as good. But since that hasn't been the case - at least not yet, my OPINION is that the stock is acting irrationally, and I steer clear of irrational stocks. I do still hold a small position...because even though I've searched and can't find anything in the SiriusBuzz bylaws that indicate stock ownership is a requirement for posting on this forum, I don't want to run afoul of the forum police. However, I sold most of my six figure share holding starting in June of 2013 and finished up in October of 13' with the last 5000 share traunch (the tax bill was a bitch that year ). I had held when the stock approached $2.50/share twice in 2011 and watched as it retreated to $1.50 and $2 respectively and swore I wasn't gonna let that happen again. However, selling wasn't easy - this stock is like a drug and anyhow, I was petrified when I sold that the stock would rocket to $10/share as soon as my last share was sold but, honestly I've been relieved that such hasn't been the case and the last two years have served to validate my decision. In spite of all the good points that Raptor makes, the stock continues to behave badly and I'm not inclined to mainline that drug again on the hope and promise of better things to come. That's what I think.
    But mostly Midas, I think you are a cork-soaker.
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Guru
    08-27-2015, 10:00 PM #818
    You're suck a cock-sucker denco! That one was for Hedy (DM) and Crunching.Numbers (DM). HAHA
    Midas if you have any proof that i am hedy or bm please produce...if not like i said man...take a chill pill and relax dude. Personally midas....i think in real life you are probably a very likable guy. Not sure why you have to act like such a jerk here...certainly you do not act like this in chiefs chatroom do you? Most of us here are siri longs....have been for years as denco, raptor, bdp have already stated...you already knew this. Anyway bud....just relax will ya...life is so short.

Guru
    08-27-2015, 10:13 PM #819
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post

Lol...Hopefully he likes it!

Mentor
    08-27-2015, 10:24 PM #820
    Only if its DonkeyDongSchlong and glossy too.....errrr I mean FU u cork smoker..ok enough fun......GN guys

LongTheDog......GoSpursGo