Page 73 of 98 ... 2363717273747583 ...
    Addict
    08-26-2015, 08:04 PM #721
    So this $2billion stock repurchase - which I applaud....absent a dividend it's a great way to return shareholder capital - anyway this $2 billion stock repurchase represents about 10% of the current market cap of $20 billion. So logic would have it that, all other things being equal the stock will have increased in price by 10% to approx $4.09 by the time the repurchase is complete, yes/no?

Guru
    08-26-2015, 08:40 PM #722
    If they are trying to prop the stock up...prob means they don't want it to go to $2.75!

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Sounds like they are just trying to prop the stock price up.

He's stealing the company from shareholders. Go figure.

Guru
    08-26-2015, 08:42 PM #723
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo29 View Post
    Bingo
    You buying?

08-26-2015, 09:01 PM #724
    This stock is a dog. Worthless piece of dog crap. You can get a much better return else where but those that are wondering, I am staying. I am not going anywhere. I will out last all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    So this $2billion stock repurchase - which I applaud....absent a dividend it's a great way to return shareholder capital - anyway this $2 billion stock repurchase represents about 10% of the current market cap of $20 billion. So logic would have it that, all other things being equal the stock will have increased in price by 10% to approx $4.09 by the time the repurchase is complete, yes/no?
    Last edited by midas360; 08-26-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Guru
    08-26-2015, 09:18 PM #725
    This stock is a dog. Worthless piece of dog crap. You can get a much better return else where but those that are wondering, I am staying. I am not going anywhere. I will out last all of you.
    You just showed how much you don't know with that statement!

Sounds like someone is a little upset with their 3.95 buy a few weeks ago...Don't worry i still don't believe for one second you actually bought any shares.

Question: If that's the way you really feel...why do you spend so much time here? You state..."I will out last all of you." WOW that is such an admirable goal to have in life...your parents must be so proud of you! We really hope you don't go anywhere...we love laughing at you!
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-26-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-26-2015, 11:09 PM #726
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    You buying?
    Trade the volatility, invest in clarity. Where is the world now? Any additional clarity?

Everything needs some time to repair the damage technically. Specific to SIRI, not adding long term shares off of this, sticking to the plan. The news did not bring the AH volume that would make me think 'break away gap'. My SIRI trading shares are on the sidelines from Monday afternoon and I am more focused on trading the FX/EM(Brazil/China)/Crude nexus.

If you got in prior, with the intent of a trade, taking profits in batches is the prudent after the open...considering the environment. There should be a new gap up to play short against. As of 10:04 p.m., you are more likely to be chasing the news and more likely to be buying closer to the short term top. Not a negative on the announcement, one would think it will help with solidifying a 3.63/3.65 floor [still, would not be built in stone]. After the break down we need some vol @ price for a new base.

The 3.65 long term buy stands with the same caveats, allocating additional long capital happens on a new high. This would negate the [recently formed] right shoulder that was defined by the new high failure off the 3.65 breakout. Q3 CC is still the most likely time for all that to occur assuming CB's get their shit together. If not, we could see spending curtailed, that impacts SIRI, by stress in high yield or perpetual [general] negative macro headlines, with stress in high yield being more likely than the sentiment hit.

Re-assess into Q3 CC.
    Last edited by waldo29; 08-26-2015 at 11:16 PM.

Guru
    08-26-2015, 11:25 PM #727
    Trade the volatility, invest in clarity. Where is the world now? Any additional clarity?

Everything needs some time to repair the damage technically. Specific to SIRI, not adding long term shares off of this, sticking to the plan. The news did not bring the AH volume that would make me think 'break away gap'. My SIRI trading shares are on the sidelines from Monday afternoon and I am more focused on trading the FX/EM(Brazil/China)/Crude nexus.

If you got in prior, with the intent of a trade, taking profits in batches is the prudent after the open...considering the environment. There should be a new gap up to play short against. As of 10:04 p.m., you are more likely to be chasing the news and more likely to be buying closer to the short term top. Not a negative on the announcement, one would think it will help with solidifying a 3.63/3.65 floor [still, would not be built in stone]. After the break down we need some vol @ price for a new base.

The 3.65 long term buy stands with the same caveats, allocating additional long capital happens on a new high. This would negate the [recently formed] right shoulder that was defined by the new high failure off the 3.65 breakout. Q3 CC is still the most likely time for all that to occur assuming CB's get their shit together. If not, we could see spending curtailed, that impacts SIRI, by stress in high yield or perpetual [general] negative macro headlines, with stress in high yield being more likely than the sentiment hit.

Re-assess into Q3 CC.
    good luck buddy lol.

Addict
    08-27-2015, 03:24 AM #728
    this stock is a dog. Worthless piece of dog crap. You can get a much better return else where but those that are wondering, i am staying. I am not going anywhere. I will out last all of you.
    wtf?

08-27-2015, 06:56 AM #729
    dm / I agree funny as shit, I'd hate to lose him.

Addict
    08-27-2015, 07:05 AM #730

Re-assess into Q3 CC.
    Good stuff Waldo, and certainly food for thought. Probably not what a lot of folks in this forum want to hear, but given the history of this stock, certainly a prudent outlook should be heeded. I'd be interested in your insight concerning VIX...purely for selfish reasons as I am long the Sept 15 puts and although we have 3+ weeks to go before op-ex, we are a long way from 15. I know the VIX can move fast but I'm begining to question if stepping into that position was good move - especially given the fact that Sept/Oct tends to be the more volatile time of the year. My initial intent was to be in/out of the trade in a few days when I opened the trade last week but the recent move in the VIX obviously put the kibosh on that. Your thoughts?