Page 85 of 98 ... 3575838485868795 ...
    Guru
    08-28-2015, 01:18 PM #841
    @ Muscle....good to see u posting again...welcome back!!

08-28-2015, 01:18 PM #842
    Media Stocks Have Been Crushed: 4 to Buy Now

http://247wallst.com/media/2015/08/2...-4-to-buy-now/

@muscle... please tell you were buying on the lows. Nice job if you were!

08-28-2015, 02:12 PM #843
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I completely understand your frustration. There's nothing like spending BILLIONS of DOLLARS to get a .05 cent move out of a stock. Money well spent. Oh well... I am sure they know what they are doing. There has to be something else NJ, right?

Edit: However, if you have the time to sit around during the trading day, you can pick up the quic down and up movements in the stock. You need a lot of paper to push around to get those big gains though. You did well on SIRI NJBONES!! Nice job!
    Thanks Mr. Midas, yes there is something else. HA, HA

Addict
    08-28-2015, 03:19 PM #844
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Media Stocks Have Been Crushed: 4 to Buy Now

http://247wallst.com/media/2015/08/2...-4-to-buy-now/

@muscle... please tell you were buying on the lows. Nice job if you were!
    The trick is to have the financial firepower to be able buy and dollar cost average on these corrections. Nobody can time a bottom. I was able to do my buying last week all the way through Monday. I would have liked to buy through Tuesday as well but I had already put in all the money I was willing to invest in media. I am hoping we don't have another 10% correction until after Star Wars in December because that's when I will have my firepower back. I am not willing to buy more media before then, because I will never throw all my eggs in one basket.

Disney $125, Sirius $5, Comcast $100. Those are my biggest media goals. I expect to hit all those goals in that order within the next 3 years. I expect Disney to be the first goal hit by end of this year. Sirius in 2016 and Comcast in 2017-18. But you have to pounce on these corrections. That's where the money is made. Buying on the dips. I like Charter TWC CBS Time Warner Fox CVC WWE as well. But my big bets are Comcast Sirius and of course Disney.

If this is something more than a correction, then you just gotta grit your teeth and wait it out. I have a much longer timeframe than most. I am willing to wait 10-15 years for individual investments to work. Something I learned as a teenager in the 80s.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-28-2015 at 03:32 PM.

08-28-2015, 04:07 PM #845
    Exactly... having the cash to buy when the opportunity comes is key.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    The trick is to have the financial firepower to be able buy and dollar cost average on these corrections. Nobody can time a bottom. I was able to do my buying last week all the way through Monday. I would have liked to buy through Tuesday as well but I had already put in all the money I was willing to invest in media. I am hoping we don't have another 10% correction until after Star Wars in December because that's when I will have my firepower back. I am not willing to buy more media before then, because I will never throw all my eggs in one basket.

Disney $125, Sirius $5, Comcast $100. Those are my biggest media goals. I expect to hit all those goals in that order within the next 3 years. I expect Disney to be the first goal hit by end of this year. Sirius in 2016 and Comcast in 2017-18. But you have to pounce on these corrections. That's where the money is made. Buying on the dips. I like Charter TWC CBS Time Warner Fox CVC WWE as well. But my big bets are Comcast Sirius and of course Disney.

If this is something more than a correction, then you just gotta grit your teeth and wait it out. I have a much longer timeframe than most. I am willing to wait 10-15 years for individual investments to work. Something I learned as a teenager in the 80s.

Guru
    08-28-2015, 04:09 PM #846
    Denco...decent close...we will take it right?! have a great weekend.

08-28-2015, 04:19 PM #847
    Media Stocks: ‘We’re Sticking With More Expensive Names’

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowat...pensive-names/

Edit: Another positive one for ya Muscle. Good stuff man!
    Last edited by midas360; 08-28-2015 at 04:23 PM.

08-28-2015, 04:24 PM #848
    Hey Midas, enjoy the weekend! See you on Monday.

08-28-2015, 04:25 PM #849
    Hey GS... always good to see ya. You have a great weekend too! Let's hope the black gold will keep creeping up.

@User... see ya Monday. Have a great weekend too! Thanks for those option tips!

@NJ... again, nice job trading SIRI and NVAX. You really did well man!

@Waldo... wish you weren't so busy with your company. Always love when you post. Have a good one!

@Denco... buy the dips, sell the rips. That's how the game is played!

@Muscle... always enjoy your posts. Keep them coming! Have a super weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by getsirius View Post
    Hey Midas, enjoy the weekend! See you on Monday.
    Last edited by midas360; 08-28-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-28-2015, 05:31 PM #850
    Quote Originally Posted by njbones1 View Post
    That's why I dumped my last 25k shrs. Malone is for Malone, look what he got for next to nothing, satisfied NO, soon he will own almost the entire co. When I heard about this new buyback, I said here it goes again, another yr. or so at current levels. I think when the last bid comes a lot of people will be very disappointed, all I know I could not stand to watch it anymore. All the positives over the last 2 yrs. and where has it gone ? Next cc, next cc, next cc, nothing matters, car sales, subs, this stock has been played so long it should be declared illegal. From the beginning I figured Mel and Malone made a deal for both of them , Malone got the Co. almost for free, Mel got a huge going away present ????? LOL to all here, can`t say it`s been fun.
    Bump, Q3 CC decision here.