Page 21 of 44 ... 11192021222331 ...
    Guru
    07-26-2015, 11:30 PM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Well I didn't say you don't have your reasons, and I sure and heck don't need to be an apologist on his or anyone's behalf (personally, at the time I thought 2.75 was just as unrealistic as 4.85 but hey, whatever). I just said you all seem to have an unhealthy obsession where he's concerned. Try the ignore button...seriously, it works great.
    spoken like a true dirtbag lol. Why do you care if we put midas on iggy so bad....unless you are dirtbag. This guys a joke...cuff em, stuff em and get em out of here already!!

Dirtbag give it up and go to bed....you aint fooling anyone with your double alias here. so obvious.

oh and hey sf......"Try the ignore button...seriously, it works great." haven't we heard those EXACT same words from a certain dirtbag not that long ago??
    Last edited by dm_4; 07-26-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Addict
    07-27-2015, 07:33 AM #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    If I decide to ignore I'll simply depart

There is little value here anyways, if any value at all. No good trade ideas. No good discussion.

Plenty of whining.

Plenty of BS chat about anything other than stocks.

Plenty of regurgitation of the front page news feed.

Plenty of end of day "I bought the low and sold the high again" with the little money man icon (though even that has kinda dried up).

But little to no useable information as far as investing or trading is concerned.

I tried to post up some AAPL stuff but eh, nobody cares :P and honestly why would anyone?

Waste of time (like writing the articles is... same deal... bunch of shit whining in the comments section, boo hoo when is this gonna get over $4 so I can sell?, complaints about Malone and LMCA, comments "the only problem is that SIRI has too many shares" and on and on)

It's not a SIRI specific issue. Most online 'communities' are full of idiocy.
    Sure, the problem with ignore is that you start to lose the flavor of the place. It takes all kinds to make a community - even an online one. So over- using ignore is kinda of like taking the taste out of food, you begin to wonder what's the point of eating when you can get all the nutrition you need to exist in an IV. But what's the fun in that? Personally I usually take the good with the bad and figure it all adds to the whole. Having said that, I can't stand liver, and I can't stand brussels sprouts so I put them on my ignore list for food....perfectly good food I guess, cause a lot of other people seem to enjoy them ,but not for me and I'd rather not have my meals ruined so I don't touch the stuff.

The thing with SIRI is that watching the stock most of the time is like watching paint dry.....up a little, down a little, up a little, up a little more, down some.....what’s to talk about really? a couple of pennies here or there? Big deal. So forum members go off on tangents about sports or where they like to vacation, or whatever and get in little verbal scuffles with each other, and tell a few trading lies about how they made $400 today and stuff like that....cause in truth the stock is boring as hell on a day to day basis. I know, I know...someone will say "nothing boring about making money" and in the aggregate it's done just fine over the past 5 years....but with the exception of a few exciting days here and there, those five years have been pretty boring on a day to day basis.

I think perhaps judging from the "I need to learn how options work" comments I've read here and elsewhere, not a lot of people are comfortable with those kinds of trades and that may be the reason for not much interest or feedback from the group. For the record I enjoyed your AAPL posts and I might even give some calls a try this week. There's certainly an opportunity there....with a few contracts anyway. For my part I initiated a Bull Put Straddle last week on PYPL - sold the Aug 21 $45 puts and Bot the Aug 21 $40 put for a net credit of $3.50 - 10 contracts on each. Right now I'm at max loss cause the stock is under $40. But....theres' still 4 weeks left so anything can happen. Also sold MSFT $47 July 31 covered calls before they released earnings....it looks like those will expire worthless and I'll just rewrite them for sometime in Aug to keep reducing my cost basis.
    So there you have it....some chat about stocks doesn't involve siri and isn't whining or asking "when are we gonna get there"?
    Off to work for me.
    Last edited by user34615145; 07-27-2015 at 08:38 AM.

07-27-2015, 10:32 AM #203
    @Denco... We are still here at the JW Marriott. This place is very nice. I highly recommend you give it a try if you need a place to stay. I took some pictures to send you in pm. We definitely should play some golf when you are in town and have time! We are checking out at 11am but still have use of the facilities all day. Hope you do well tomorrow on SIRI

@user... One major issue with ignoring is when people reply to people who are on your ignore list, You get to read the quoted post. With that said, I see you had a busy day yesterday. I guess I was the subject of some debate. If I had known, I would have cut my time at the pool with the family and joined in. Then again, maybe not. Anyway, hope you have a good week!
    Last edited by midas360; 07-27-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Guru
    07-27-2015, 10:34 AM #204
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Sure, the problem with ignore is that you start to lose the flavor of the place. It takes all kinds to make a community - even an online one. So over- using ignore is kinda of like taking the taste out of food, you begin to wonder what's the point of eating when you can get all the nutrition you need to exist in an IV. But what's the fun in that? Personally I usually take the good with the bad and figure it all adds to the whole. Having said that, I can't stand liver, and I can't stand brussels sprouts so I put them on my ignore list for food....perfectly good food I guess, cause a lot of other people seem to enjoy them ,but not for me and I'd rather not have my meals ruined so I don't touch the stuff.

The thing with SIRI is that watching the stock most of the time is like watching paint dry.....up a little, down a little, up a little, up a little more, down some.....what’s to talk about really? a couple of pennies here or there? Big deal. So forum members go off on tangents about sports or where they like to vacation, or whatever and get in little verbal scuffles with each other, and tell a few trading lies about how they made $400 today and stuff like that....cause in truth the stock is boring as hell on a day to day basis. I know, I know...someone will say "nothing boring about making money" and in the aggregate it's done just fine over the past 5 years....but with the exception of a few exciting days here and there, those five years have been pretty boring on a day to day basis.

I think perhaps judging from the "I need to learn how options work" comments I've read here and elsewhere, not a lot of people are comfortable with those kinds of trades and that may be the reason for not much interest or feedback from the group. For the record I enjoyed your AAPL posts and I might even give some calls a try this week. There's certainly an opportunity there....with a few contracts anyway. For my part I initiated a Bull Put Straddle last week on PYPL - sold the Aug 21 $45 puts and Bot the Aug 21 $40 put for a net credit of $3.50 - 10 contracts on each. Right now I'm at max loss cause the stock is under $40. But....theres' still 4 weeks left so anything can happen. Also sold MSFT $47 July 31 covered calls before they released earnings....it looks like those will expire worthless and I'll just rewrite them for sometime in Aug to keep reducing my cost basis.
    So there you have it....some chat about stocks doesn't involve siri and isn't whining or asking "when are we gonna get there"?
    Off to work for me.
    if its like watching paint dry and so painfully slow for you why bother even being here?

Addict
    07-27-2015, 11:07 AM #205
    I gotta say I am more excited about SXM17 coming to cars in a couple of years than any other launch in Sirius' history besides Howard's arrival 10 years ago. I think it's going to be a gamer changer here in the US and an opportunity to bring Sirius radio worldwide in cars.

Guru
    07-27-2015, 11:10 AM #206
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I gotta say I am more excited about SXM17 coming to cars in a couple of years than any other launch in Sirius' history besides Howard's arrival 10 years ago. I think it's going to be a gamer changer here in the US and an opportunity to bring Sirius radio worldwide in cars.
    worldwide would be nice!

GOD BLESS SIRI

Guru
    07-27-2015, 11:30 AM #207
    Gov't: Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back 500,000 pickups

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-sou...--finance.html
    Last edited by dm_4; 07-27-2015 at 11:36 AM.

07-27-2015, 11:36 AM #208
    Just want to set the record straight about an old comment I made about never going on Midas or Dirtbags site. I do go on Chatzy site, but did not know that he was connected somehow to that site. That was a mistake on my part. I`m not here very often, but I notice how Dirtbag or Midas is a punching bag here, why I don`t know.

07-27-2015, 11:40 AM #209
    @njbones.... You don't have to apologize but I do appreciate you setting the record straight. you are a straight shooter in my book. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by njbones1 View Post
    Just want to set the record straight about an old comment I made about never going on Midas or Dirtbags site. I do go on Chatzy site, but did not know that he was connected somehow to that site. That was a mistake on my part. I`m not here very often, but I notice how Dirtbag or Midas is a punching bag here, why I don`t know.

Mentor
    07-27-2015, 12:05 PM #210
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @Denco... We are still here at the JW Marriott. This place is very nice. I highly recommend you give it a try if you need a place to stay. I took some pictures to send you in pm. We definitely should play some golf when you are in town and have time! We are checking out at 11am but still have use of the facilities all day. Hope you do well tomorrow on SIRI

@user... One major issue with ignoring is when people reply to people who are on your ignore list, You get to read the quoted post. With that said, I see you had a busy day yesterday. I guess I was the subject of some debate. If I had known, I would have cut my time at the pool with the family and joined in. Then again, maybe not. Anyway, hope you have a good week!

We spent a few days there last month. Had a great time. The kids love the pool and lazy river. Very kid friendly as the river is only 3 1/2 feet deep. The slides are a blast as well. Enjoy the rest of the day....Hope we all have a nice SIRI day tomorrow.

Page 21 of 44 ... 11192021222331 ...