Page 34 of 44 ... 243233343536 ...
    07-29-2015, 09:10 AM #331
    Investors Should Raise Cash as Industrials Sink

Stocks at the center of the economy are falling hard and charts suggest more weakness may be in store.

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:11 AM #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Why didn't I buy 3500 or so contracts and load the entire account with options? Trying to manage risk (as laughable as that sounds given positioning). Basically I'm still gun shy after being decimated in this account back in 2011 when I only had $50k in it and went all in on Jan $2's after shares hit $2.35 then dropped to $1.27 (taking me down to like $1k because the damn things dropped to a penny.). I was able to salvage about $20k because I held them and SIRI went back up that January but it has taken me 4 years to trade $20k up to what it is now.
    I feel your pain. We've all (or at least most of us have) been there at one time or another...and some of us slow learners, more than once! Especially with options the pain can get intense quickly in a very short period of time as leverage can work both ways. Consider the $30k or so it cost you in 2011 as tuition paid on an education in options trading that you are now reaping the rewards from. I think you are going to make bank on your Jan16 $3's. Good Luck and keep us posted.

07-29-2015, 09:12 AM #333
    Morning Limit... always good to see you. Hope all is well with you and the family!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    $4.19 or bust!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    07-29-2015, 09:13 AM #334
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Thanks for the article LB, Do you own a Fitbit device? if so how do you like it. I purchased the Apple Watch when it came out and my opinion is that it's lived up to it's billing. However, at $750 for their mid range watch, I honestly don't think it's worth the cost. They are going to have to come down in price a LOT with there next generation(s) or it's gonna fade away quickly just like the Apple Pippen (remember that? I thought not. ) Don't get me wrong, I like the watch but I just don't think it's worth the price AND there's a mass consumer base out there that's, eh, sort of intrigued by it, but certainly not enough to plop down $450 to 750 for an entry to mid range model. If only Apple could figure out how to get the watch stores to subsidize about the first $400 for a three year contract they might have something. Anyway, just my thoughts on the Apple Watch and I'd love to hear your's on the Fit Bit.
    Thanks
    user34615145 - I personally do not own a Fitbit device - I have been wanting to purchase an Apple watch. I am glad that you like yours. The price does not concern me, but the advancements for generation 2 do. I personally usually do not buy a first generation product due to bugs, etc., I also just couldn't live with the non-existent battery life that they reported on for the watch. I have many cousins and friends that own Fitbit devices and love them, but they do not own the watch as a comparison.

Personally, I think FIT has a lead that AAPL will chase for a bit. And their next couple of earnings reports should show that. The FIT is a cheaper alternative that continues to gain momentum.

The Apple Pippen???

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:13 AM #335
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Morning Limit... always good to see you. Hope all is well with you and the family!
    Hey Midas - see you in the chat room a little bit later!

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:15 AM #336
    Woohoo! Over 500 posts now!

07-29-2015, 09:16 AM #337
    Cool man... I will let the guys know. Funny, they asked about you . Your ears must be very sensitive.

Hey Midas - see you in the chat room a little bit later!

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:24 AM #338
    user34615145 - I personally do not own a Fitbit device - I have been wanting to purchase an Apple watch. I am glad that you like yours. The price does not concern me, but the advancements for generation 2 do. I personally usually do not buy a first generation product due to bugs, etc., I also just couldn't live with the non-existent battery life that they reported on for the watch. I have many cousins and friends that own Fitbit devices and love them, but they do not own the watch as a comparison.

Personally, I think FIT has a lead that AAPL will chase for a bit. And their next couple of earnings reports should show that. The FIT is a cheaper alternative that continues to gain momentum.

The Apple Pippen???
    Apple Pippen was a Apples foray into the set-top gaming device world...it cost $600 when Playstation, Nintendo and Sega already controlled the market and their consoles sold for about 1/2 of that. I think Apple sold like maybe 10,000 total. It was a bust.

As for the watch, I can say that the battery has not been an issue. It easily goes all day...quite often two days if I forget to charge it at night. Usually it's my phone battery that runs low first.
    Last edited by user34615145; 07-29-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:25 AM #339
    Hey Denco, long time since I've popped in to say hello. Full disclosure however, is that in light of this apparent new life in SIRI I decided to jump back in (in a not so insignificant amount). I realized I need to pay for a couple of expensive hobbies and I think this is a good start. In the meantime, I'm clearing my calendar to make room for that free Windows 10 upgrade due to be distributed beginning today. I have 4 systems which qualify, so looks like I'll be busy when it happens...... In the meantime, I'm eager to see that $4.60 target and then hope for another boost.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 07-29-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:31 AM #340
    Hey Bass, great to see you. How's fishing up your way? I found a great online tool which predicts with a high level of accuracy the best feeding times each day, with a 5-day and a monthly outlook. Peak opportunity for fishing here is today, tomorrow and Friday according to the tool. Here's the link.........no need to register, just enter your location and see what it tells you. http://www.ezfshn.com/Default.aspx

Page 34 of 44 ... 243233343536 ...