Page 33 of 44 ... 23313233343543 ...
    Addict
    07-28-2015, 08:20 PM #321
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Another great question from Jessica

Jessica Reif Cohen (Analyst - BofA Merrill Lynch):
    Absolutely. And then, the second topic was on advertising -- you had another amazing quarter. I mean, your growth is so far above most media. I think you said last quarter that it was -- a good part of it was fantasy sports. Can you just give color on what's really driving that growth? Where it is coming from?

Jim Meyer (CEO):

It is coming from all over, sports, our news products, and comedy and some other things. What's going on, I think as the base is growing and more and more advertisers are trying the product, frankly the old fashioned answer is, they are getting the results they want. It's a very smart, affluent audience with a credit card, and they are getting great responses and they keep coming back.

Fantasy continues to grow. As big as it is, it continues to grow, and there will be more action in that. But generally, I think the platform has matured as a true alternative vehicle for advertisers. And it wasn't always seen that way, and it is now. So we're optimistic on it.

Greenstein answered that question. Not Meyer. I love that Mel's whole team is still there - Meyer, Frear, Greenstein and Stevens. Just wish Mel was still there.........

Guru
    07-28-2015, 08:28 PM #322
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Greenstein answered that question. Not Meyer. I love that Mel's whole team is still there - Meyer, Frear, Greenstein and Stevens. Just wish Mel was still there.........
    huh? really...i thought it was meyer....i know he took the first one she asked....maybe i tuned out. Either way....good q&a by all involved.
    Last edited by dm_4; 07-28-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Addict
    07-28-2015, 08:31 PM #323
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Muscle...i thought this was a great couple of questions from Jessica today. I think Meyers answer was very telling as why he is not overly worried about other entrants. I take it entrants could mean telcos, cable co, apple car play, att, etc.

Jessica Reif Cohen (Analyst - BofA Merrill Lynch):
    Thanks, I have -- sorry about my voice. I have two topics. One is on SX 17. Can you talk about the underlying costs, like as you go into the roll out and the timing of the benefits 2017?

Jim Meyer (CEO):

Well, I think I have said most of what I want to say about the timing, because it's going to be contingent on our auto partners roll out, and our auto partners prefer to keep those roll out plans confidential. I will tell you SiriusXM 17, the development of it is fully funded, within the guidance we've given you for this year.

And I certainly don't expect it to be a reason why next year's guidance would be different than what you normally would think it would be, okay? And so, we're investing heavily, but we are investing within the parameters I think you would expect for us going forward.

Jessica, we'll have more to say at the CE show in January. We are putting a lot of effort into this. You know very well, because you have been a very patient follower of this Company for many, many years, this stuff takes time, okay?

Which is one of the reasons why, occasionally when I read about how fast everybody thinks every new entrant is going to enter the vehicle, I kind of get a little skeptical, because I've lived it for 12 years. This will take time.

Muscle i also liked the answer to advertising $...I think they have a ton of room to go with that as well. I believe advertising revs are only like at 3% or 4%.
    Agreed on advertising. It's going to be a big business for Sirius. It's growing faster than overall revenue. I think everybody on the Street for the last 3 -5 years has said Pandora, Spotify and Apple will enter the car and take Sirius business away. Frear has the absolute best answer for that - 150 million smartphones in the country, easy to bluetooth or plug into the car radio with streaming and still Sirius keeps growing.

Streaming music is replacing iTunes downloads. It is not radio. Let it come to the car. Sirius will grow even faster than it does now. The myth of streaming music hurting Sirius is a complete joke. And Wall Street is oblivious. That will change. And thats where we as investors make money. The company is worth $5 per share.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    07-29-2015, 12:03 AM #324
    congrats SIRI investors/holders, etc...! I hope there is more to come above the $4 mark for y'all!

For those trading FIT or those that have been wanting to, I have a free article to view

FIT

Addict
    07-29-2015, 07:49 AM #325
    Over $4 in pm? Gaining momentum quicker than I anticipated! Now let's see if $4 sell pressure drives it down the toilet...

Mentor
    07-29-2015, 08:25 AM #326
    Now I've seen it all.....

Sirius XM upgraded to Buy from Hold at WunderlichWunderlich analyst Matthew Harrigan upgraded Sirius XM Holdings to Buy with a $4.60 price target following the company's Q2 results.

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...RI?symbol=SIRI

WunderDicks been in Malone's back pocket for years. Guess this time the move is real...
    Last edited by denco1; 07-29-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Addict
    07-29-2015, 08:48 AM #327
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post

Sirius XM upgraded to Buy from Hold at WunderlichWunderlich analyst Matthew Harrigan upgraded Sirius XM Holdings to Buy with a $4.60 price target following the company's Q2 results.

WunderDicks been in Malone's back pocket for years. Guess this time the move is real...
    Don't you mean a $3.60 price target?

Addict
    07-29-2015, 08:48 AM #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    congrats SIRI investors/holders, etc...! I hope there is more to come above the $4 mark for y'all!

For those trading FIT or those that have been wanting to, I have a free article to view

FIT
    Thanks for the article LB, Do you own a Fitbit device? if so how do you like it? I purchased the Apple Watch when it came out and my opinion is that it's lived up to it's billing. However, at $750 for their mid range watch, I honestly don't think it's worth the cost. They are going to have to come down in price a LOT with there next generation(s) or it's gonna fade away quickly just like the Apple Pippen (remember that? I thought not. ) Don't get me wrong, I like the watch but I just don't think it's worth the price AND there's a mass consumer base out there that's, eh, sort of intrigued by it, but certainly not enough to plop down $450 to 750 for an entry to mid range model. If only Apple could figure out how to get the watch stores to subsidize about the first $400 for a three year contract they might have something. Anyway, just my thoughts on the Apple Watch and I'd love to hear your's on the Fit Bit.
    Thanks
    Last edited by user34615145; 07-29-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Addict
    07-29-2015, 09:02 AM #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post

Some have asked about why I bought the calls today / if I will be able to sleep well etc. Yes. I'm already in options in the IRA from back to January but these 1500 (actually 1539) Jan '16 $3 calls are not common for me to enter into for my non IRA shares since I can use margin for leverage there but I wanted 4X leverage vs. the standard 2X available.

Paying $1.01 for them costs me approximately 5% vs. buying shares ($3.96 at the time) and is actually cheaper than using margin.
    Didn't want to quote your whole post SF so here's hoping my edit didn't screw things up again.

I just wanted to say that I think this is a very smart trade...ballsy, but smart. You controls 150K+ shares for fraction the price of buying them on the open market but will enjoy almost 100% of any upside from here. If this stock moves as seems more likely by the day, you'll make some nice coin. Like I said, Ballsy, but smart.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    07-29-2015, 09:04 AM #330
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post

$4.19 or bust!

Page 33 of 44 ... 23313233343543 ...