Page 27 of 32 ... 172526272829 ...
    Addict
    06-26-2015, 11:20 AM #261
    No barrier to entry on the net. Seems like we get another streaming music service every week. Only 1 sat radio company. Huge advantage

WSJ article on Google -

Google Takes On Pandora - Company offers free music-streaming services

http://www.wsj.com/articles/google-t...ora-1435102081
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 06-26-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Addict
    06-26-2015, 11:30 AM #262
    Comcast hits a new all time high again today - Go see Ted 2 this weekend. I also believe they will change the video game industry shortly -

Almost Game Time for Comcast’s X1: Report
    EA-Powered Service Said to Be Close to Launch 6/25/2015 9:45 AM
    Author: Jeff Baumgartner

It’s been a long time since Comcast and Electronic Arts began testing a service that brings “console-quality” games to X1, the MSO’s IP-capable video platform.

The trial, originally called Xfinity Games Powered by Origin, first appeared back in the second half of 2013, enabling a select group of Comcast invitees to play games on X1 using remote controls and mobile apps to control the action.

According to DSL Reports, the service is nearing the launch phase. Citing an unnamed source familiar with the plan, DSL reports said Comcast and EA will offer a rotating package of about 50 games for about $10 per month, adding that it will be offered as a beta to about 100,000 subs by late July, and perhaps follow with a broad commercial launch by late August.

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/bau...-report/391684

Addict
    06-26-2015, 11:48 AM #263
    Also watch Hulu compete very effectively with Netflix. Hulu is owned by Comcast Disney and Fox

"We believe that we're going to be able to introduce 'Seinfeld' to a whole new young audience that's here at Hulu," Hopkins added. "We also think that Seinfeld will help us attract a new audience to Hulu."

Hulu's subscription site, previously known as Hulu Plus, has signed up about 9 million households over the past several years. While significant, the number pales in comparison to Netflix's 40-plus million households in the United States.

Hopkins said Hulu's goal is to get there.

"We'd love to have that number and that's what we're shooting for," he said, crediting Netflix (NFLX, Tech30) with "paving the way" in the streaming video marketplace.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/24/media/hulu-seinfeld/

Mentor
    06-26-2015, 12:40 PM #264
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    They just established market rate with the settlement. Any liability to the other 20% would be minimal/immaterial.
    Exactly, this settlement with 80% as strong precedent seems to leave 50 mn ish for the rest (other20%).

Will somebody please explain to me how in the world Spencer came up with a $2 billion figure a few weeks back??? I still can't believe anybody wrote that. Where is the retraction????
    I have wondered the same and posed the question to him on that specific article with no reply, of course. The problem with Spencer is he thinks he knows more than all or most and if you question him he will now just ignore you. Whatever...he has been "checked out" on the front for quite some time now. I would rather he not write AT ALL about SIRI instead of putting out questionable "opinions" without responding to opposing commentary or questions....

http://siriusbuzz.com/judge-certifie...s.php#comments
    Last edited by denco1; 06-26-2015 at 12:51 PM.

06-26-2015, 02:26 PM #265
    Congrats to the BLRX investors! Nice call VIVA!

06-26-2015, 02:53 PM #266
    Congrats Muscle!

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post

06-26-2015, 02:55 PM #267
    The same thing happened here. Time Warner was the main player in San Antonio. They were playing commercials on all the local channels, etc. When U-Verse was launched you saw more AT&T trucks converting neighbors. They basically took over our neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I said, where I live, Verizon is drinking Comcasts milkshake.

I dont think I'm making that up but, I suppose I could be. I wasn't trying to make anything up, I was simply making an observation.

What I do know is, fios just became available in my area and people around me started jumping ship from comcast. Those they aren't jumping ship are getting better rates (lower margins for comcast) because of the competition offered by fios.

Prior to Verizons arrival we had no other options and zero bargaining power.

Comcasts cable division looked a lot better when they had a complete monopoly on the most heavily populated areas in Massachusetts (and other states).

Addict
    06-26-2015, 06:36 PM #268
    Merrill put out her second quarter preview report for Sirius today at 3:34 PM. Reiterated $5 target. Gotta love Jessica

Enthusiast
    06-26-2015, 10:30 PM #269
    [QUOTE=Faulkner_SA;89267]How many reiterations is that from her? So she is saying the company has not improved at all since her first mentioning of a $5 PT?[/QUOTE

Good point. I believe she first called $5 in March 2014 right after the failed Liberty deal

Seems this settlement with 80% of the pre 72 recordings will be used now to set a value on the play of the turtles one song "happy together". Probably a pretty minuscule number compared to what they're claiming. Cut them off at the knees.
    Last edited by siriustimes; 06-26-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Addict
    06-27-2015, 12:08 AM #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    How many reiterations is that from her? So she is saying the company has not improved at all since her first mentioning of a $5 PT?
    She uses a Discounted cash flow model for Sirius. Something you penny stock traders know nothing about. She is the absolute best in the business. Her top pick Disney was moved to Merrill's US 1 list a year or 2 ago and has performed unbelievably well. Her track record since the early 90s is unmatched in media. No other analyst even comes close. Here is a summary of her Sirius valuation

Our $5.00 PO is based on a DCF valuation, supported by
    our expectations of strong revenue, EBITDA and FCF growth. Our DCF is based on a WACC of
    approximately 8% and perpetual growth of 3.0%

Page 27 of 32 ... 172526272829 ...