Page 13 of 32 ... 3111213141523 ...
    06-11-2015, 07:27 PM #121
    Anyone want to speculate on when the next extension of the buyback occurs? Will it occur? They had about 1B left after the last CC and we are within 3 weeks of the quarter close. I think they were averaging 10-12M per day in Q1?

Head Honcho
    06-12-2015, 08:42 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    If streaming music did not exist they would all go back to purchasing their music from iTunes. If iTunes didn't exist they would all go back to the old CDs and so on......Streaming music business is coming out of the download business. It is not radio. 2 very different businesses.
    ALL? SiriusXM can't poach even 100 out of the hundreds of millions of stranded music streamers? They would ALL go back to iTunes?

If I were an investor in SiriusXM I would be concerned that none of these people found SiriusXM streaming service compelling enough to subscribe. After all, SiriusXM does offer customizable streaming music.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-12-2015, 08:49 PM #123
    Comcast sub numbers keep increasing quarter after quarter. What you are talking about is the lower margin video business which has had some minor declines and minor increases as well in the last several quarters.
    I am talking about their cable TV subscribers. Its not that the declines weren't minor, its the fact that in their history they had NEVER declined, and then after they declined for 5 straight quarters, I sold all of my shares. When your company posts nothing but gains year after year after year and then all of sudden they post subscriber loss quarter after quarter, I find that concerning.

Broadband is and it is exploding with much higher margins than video. One business writer put broadband margins at 90%. Doubt it is that high but it is very high. They have basically made DSL obsolete. 1 to 2 gig speeds will be commonplace in cable by end of 2016. Sub increases have accelerated.
    Where I live, Verizon is drinking Comcasts milkshake -- it started about 18 months ago.

If I were invested in Comcast I would closely keep on eye on Verizon's new pipe infrastructure build out.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-12-2015, 08:53 PM #124
    Take care dudes. I don't belong here. I see everybody is trading and timing. I am not a trader. Not my thing. I am a media investor. Have fun guys....
    My family and I both owned comcast stock for over a decade.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-12-2015, 09:26 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am talking about their cable TV subscribers. Its not that the declines weren't minor, its the fact that in their history they had NEVER declined, and then after they declined for 5 straight quarters, I sold all of my shares. When your company posts nothing but gains year after year after year and then all of sudden they post subscriber loss quarter after quarter, I find that concerning.

Where I live, Verizon is drinking Comcasts milkshake -- it started about 18 months ago.

If I were invested in Comcast I would closely keep on eye on Verizon's new pipe infrastructure build out.
    Yup. I would be watching both Verizon and AT&T. I could not agree more.

Addict
    06-12-2015, 11:20 PM #126

Maybe you should

Verizon nears “the end” of FiOS builds.

It's been nearly five years since Verizon decided to stop expanding its FiOS fiber network into new cities and towns, so this week's news won't come as a huge surprise: Verizon is nearing "the end" of its fiber construction and is reducing wireline capital expenditures while spending more on wireless.

"I have been pretty consistent with this in the fact that we will spend more CapEx in the Wireless side and we will continue to curtail CapEx on the Wireline side. Some of that is because we are getting to the end of our committed build around FiOS, penetration is getting higher," Verizon CFO Fran Shammo said yesterday in the Q4 2014 call with investors.

Wireline capital spending totaled $1.6 billion in the most recent quarter and $5.8 billion for 2014, down 7.7 percent from 2013, Verizon said.

Although FiOS competes strongly against cable companies like Comcast, the expense of replacing old copper lines with fiber led Verizon to stop building in new regions and to complete wiring up the areas where it had already begun. Verizon even partnered with cable companies in 2012 to resell cable service in bundles with Verizon Wireless in areas where FiOS was never built.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015...f-fios-builds/
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 06-12-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Addict
    06-12-2015, 11:32 PM #127
    I am talking about their cable TV subscribers. Its not that the declines weren't minor, its the fact that in their history they had NEVER declined, and then after they declined for 5 straight quarters, I sold all of my shares

That must have been 7 years ago when Comcast started losing video subs and their stock price has more than tripled since.

Comcast lost 81,000 video customers in Q3, “the best result in 7 years”

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014...lt-in-7-years/

That was 3rd quarter 2014. Video subs increased in 4th quarter. X1 should rectify that situation but video is not the main business anymore. There is a reason Malone used the term Broadband in Liberty Broadband and didn't call it Liberty Cable. Broadband is the future.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 06-12-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Addict
    06-12-2015, 11:45 PM #128
    ALL? SiriusXM can't poach even 100 out of the hundreds of millions of stranded music streamers? They would ALL go back to iTunes?

If I were an investor in SiriusXM I would be concerned that none of these people found SiriusXM streaming service compelling enough to subscribe. After all, SiriusXM does offer customizable streaming music.
    Sirius business is in the car. That's where money is made in radio. They do not offer customized music in the car........yet. SXM17 will bring that.

But I believe you are failing to see the difference between the radio business and the packaged music distribution business. 2 very different businesses, with extremely different EBITDA margins as well, that date back to terrestrial radio vs 8 tracks, tape decks and CDs in the car. Did Mel ever go into the CD business when he built Infinity radio from $17 a share to $170 per share in the 90s? CDs were not radio. Streaming music is not radio. The trick is to get Sirius ON Demand in the car but keep it RADIO! I think they are about to do that.

Addict
    06-12-2015, 11:56 PM #129
    Look Charles, I understand you are going to disagree with everything I write. You seem to be making stuff up out of thin air just to oppose my thinking. I have no interest in fighting. I am a media investor. Disagree all you want. Have a ball.

In the meantime, my wife and I will go see Jurassic World this weekend rake in the money for Comcast. Content is King

UPDATE: “Jurassic World” is leaving a major footprint on the domestic box office. According to early estimates, the “Jurassic Park” sequel is on track for $70 million on Friday and a massive opening weekend of $162 million.

If projections hold, “Jurassic World” will see the best June debut of all time, out-muscling “Man of Steel,” which reeled in $116.6 million in 2013. The movie would also see the year’s second-best opening, behind Disney and Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” ($191.3 million).

The fourth installment would be the most successful of the dino franchise. It comes over a decade after “Jurassic Park III” hit theaters and 22 years after Steven Spielberg’s original “Jurassic Park” launched.

The $70 million-plus Friday earnings include $18.5 million from Thursday night showings. The “Jurassic World” previews outpaced “Furious 7″ ($15.8 million) as the biggest latenight showing ever for the studio. The monster pic also looks to trample “Furious 7’s” title as Universal’s highest-grossing film.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/bo...medium=twitter
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 06-12-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Addict
    06-13-2015, 12:20 AM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Fundamentals, technicals, opinions, rants, jokes......all welcomed here. Your fundamental analysis is welcomed and appreciated. Keep it coming......I am learning from the dialogue.
    Thanks that is very nice of you. But I think the problem really is the fact that penny stock traders got a hold of Sirius message boards and created a very unsophisticated retail base for the stock. The conversation turned into Pandora Spotify and Apple iTunes/streaming vs Sirius for years on the boards. And the anti Karmazin anti Malone nonsense when the 2 of them basically successfully built the company into the largest radio business in the world on revenues and Free Cash Flow and Sirius moving from 5 cents to $4. The whole unsophisticated penny stock trading nonsense could be erased with a Liberty takeover or Sirius RMT. Has not happened yet. I suspect Malone has plans for Sirius Live Nation and maybe even a large record label with Liberty Media combining everything one day. And the stock certainly won't be a penny stock. I never invested in penny stocks besides Sirius and never intend to again. But I don't think the penny trader base will last though.

Page 13 of 32 ... 3111213141523 ...