05-19-2015, 05:45 PM #1

Question Sirius starmate replay ST2 dc adaptor/power?

hello

i purchased an unused starmate replay about six months ago via ebay. I just finally got around to opening it and activating it via sirius.

BUT the 12V car power adaptor is missing and I rummaged through my electronics and cant find a spare one.

I notice it takes a specific adaptor.

Can I find these in an electronics store etc? Or are these propietory to the device?

P.S I did find an adaptor but i wasn't getting any power. So either the adaptor I found is so old its not working anymore OR the Sirius Starmate doesn't work.

Thanks for any help

05-21-2015, 02:20 PM #2
    TSS Radio carry most of the correct adaptors - if the polarity on the one you tried was incorrect it is possible it's toasted. I am not sure if they are negative or positive to tip.

05-21-2015, 02:25 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialH View Post
    TSS Radio carry most of the correct adaptors - if the polarity on the one you tried was incorrect it is possible it's toasted. I am not sure if they are negative or positive to tip.
    Turns out it was the adaptor's fault. I kinda stumbled across it in my apt. Too many gadgets and cables. Who knows how long it was sitting around etc. I think there pretty cheaply made

None the less I purchased an adaptor here in Canada.

Works fine.