Page 5 of 13 ... 34567 ...
    05-12-2015, 10:27 AM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    I don't believe it's Sirius itself that is weak. It is the people trading it that perpetuates the unfortunate position. My feelings about bailing is not centered around my position in Sirius but around the market as a whole. The general volatility seems to be heading for a breaking point and I don't want to be flushed down the toilet with the rest of everyone. The difficulty lays in deciphering whether my suspicions are based in fear or reality. Anyone have any hard evidence to support this?
    That's why I said the "the stock" is looking weak. As an investment, 2015 isn't looking that great for shareholders. However, it does have a consistent trading range. If you have a lot of cash and can trade it, you can do well here.

Guru
    05-12-2015, 11:40 AM #42
    Correct me if i am wrong but didn't the last time Midas suggest selling siri, the stock ran up .85?? How much $$ would you have lost if you actually took her advice? Just saying

Bdp....Fwiw i am going to give siri one more cc should be in late July. I have waited this long whats another 2.5 months for my core. Even then i will only sell half my core. I really believe siri will knock it out of the park this qrtr and finally kiss the 4.00 barrier goodbye. As far as trading it i have always said there are a thousand easier stocks out their to trade other than siri. But Sometimes the devil ya know is better than the one ya don't.

Then again you could always sell here at 3.80 and get back in at 2.75
    Last edited by dm_4; 05-12-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Addict
    05-12-2015, 11:45 AM #43
    I thought it was so interesting when the analyst Vijay Jayant asked Maffei on last week's earnings call why doesn't Sirius start buying back Liberty Media shares as well as their own. And then Maffei said that was Malone's idea but Maffei thinks the same goal can be accomplished with Sirius buying its own shares and Liberty's stake increasing without spending anything.

To me that means a couple of things. Liberty is so high on Sirius that they intend to pull it in one way or another. And then Live Nation and Sirius will be very close to be combined, as well as what was said about Liberty wanting to do more with Lib Media with music related companies. Maybe they want to own a music label too? - Universal from Vivendi??? Who knows. But quite intriguing to say the least.

Also Maffei answering an international strategy question for Sirius with the connected car business future seemed very logical. Charter TWC rumors flying like crazy for Liberty Broadband. A lot of the call was about that. Good call. Very revealing.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-12-2015 at 11:47 AM.

05-12-2015, 12:05 PM #44
    @Muscle... what did you think about AT&T adding 638,000 connected car subscriptions last quarter? Pretty impressive if you ask me. Imagine if the trend stays or grows at this rate... over 2.4 million connected car subs a year!?! DAMN!!! YEAH BABY!!!

Addict
    05-12-2015, 12:14 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @Muscle... what did you think about AT&T adding 638,000 connected car subscriptions last quarter? Pretty impressive if you ask me. Imagine if the trend stays or grows at this rate... over 2.4 million connected car subs a year!?! DAMN!!! YEAH BABY!!!
    I think Sirius is doing business to business with connected cars and the car manufacturers will have their own white label. Like Nissan Connect already is. I expect the business in the near term for Sirius will be similar to GM's OnStar for all their manufacturers. In the longer term who knows where connected cars go........Although SXM17 may be a segment of that strategy.

Guru
    05-12-2015, 12:14 PM #46
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7166690.html

between this att 100 mill lawsuit for a racist ex prez and losing subs left and right they better do something.
    Last edited by dm_4; 05-12-2015 at 12:17 PM.

05-12-2015, 12:16 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I think Sirius is doing business to business with connected cars and the car manufacturers will have their own white label. Like Nissan Connect already is. I expect the business in the near term for Sirius will be similar to GM's OnStar for all their manufacturers. In the longer term who knows where connected cars go........Although SXM17 may be a segment of that strategy.
    @Muscle... Remember Sirius XM partnered with AT&T to provide the data connection for Nissan Connect. Do you remember?

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...36750&mapcode=

I am wondering if AT&T's connected car totals includes this partnership?

Edit: Maybe AT&T will buy Sirius XM as part of their Every Device on their network strategy.
    Last edited by midas360; 05-12-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2015, 12:23 PM #48
    @Muscle... Remember Sirius XM partnered with AT&T to provide the data connection for Nissan Connect. Do you remember?

att better hope they partnered with siri...siri only thing that can save them.

Addict
    05-12-2015, 01:19 PM #49

Who knows? Connected car business is in its nascent stages. I am glad it has international possibilities though. Takes pressure off Malone and Maffei trying to combine Sirius with music streamers that make no money. Terrible business. OnStar has great EBITDA margins. Pandora and Spotify have little or no EBITDA margins.

05-12-2015, 01:24 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Who knows? Connected car business is in its nascent stages. I am glad it has international possibilities though. Takes pressure off Malone and Maffei trying to combine Sirius with music streamers that make no money. Terrible business. OnStar has great EBITDA margins. Pandora and Spotify have little or no EBITDA margins.
    It just find it all very interesting. I think AT&T is in a great position to provide connectivity to vehicles. It's nice to see them partnering with companies like Sirius XM. Imagine what AT&T is going to do with DirecTV when the merger is complete. DirecTV already offers television to vehicles. I could see this coming to all vehicles at a reasonable price very soon.

Page 5 of 13 ... 34567 ...