Page 6 of 13 ... 45678 ...
    Addict
    05-12-2015, 01:30 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    It just find it all very interesting. I think AT&T is in a great position to provide connectivity to vehicles. It's nice to see them partnering with companies like Sirius XM. Imagine what AT&T is going to do with DirecTV when the merger is complete. DirecTV already offers television to vehicles. I could see this coming to all vehicles at a reasonable price very soon.
    I don't like the Sat TV business. Broadband has no content costs. None. Margins are infinitely better. I think Cable is going to kick Sat TV's ass with broadband.

05-12-2015, 01:33 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I don't like the Sat TV business. Broadband has no content costs. None. Margins are infinitely better. I think Cable is going to kick Sat TV's ass with broadband.
    I think the landscape changes for DirecTV once AT&T gets a hold of it. We could see AT&T expand into new markets converting those SAT customers to U-Verse. Dish Network on the other hand is in deep trouble. AT&T will have a massive network covering the U.S.. Probably the largest.

Guru
    05-12-2015, 01:37 PM #53
    It just find it all very interesting. I think AT&T is in a great position to provide connectivity to vehicles. It's nice to see them partnering with companies like Sirius XM. Imagine what AT&T is going to do with DirecTV when the merger is complete. DirecTV already offers television to vehicles. I could see this coming to all vehicles at a reasonable price very soon.

You think its nice to see att partnering with sirius?? Didn't you just post about an hour ago that sirius is looking "weak". Didn't you just post an hour ago "its time to find another investment (even tho you own 0 siri)." Didn't you just post and hour ago "siri is a dog"?

Am i missing something here?

Addict
    05-12-2015, 01:41 PM #54
    I think the landscape changes for DirecTV once AT&T gets a hold of it. We could see AT&T expand into new markets converting those SAT customers to U-Verse. Dish Network on the other hand is in deep trouble. AT&T will have a massive network covering the U.S.. Probably the largest.
    Just think cable wins the broadband wars and eventually the wireless wars with Wi-Fi. I think cable will advance to speeds much higher than the overbuilders with much higher margins. I am invested in all the cable companies and none of the wireless or Sat TV companies.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-12-2015 at 01:43 PM.

05-12-2015, 02:03 PM #55
    Just think cable wins the broadband wars and eventually the wireless wars with Wi-Fi. I think cable will advance to speeds much higher than the overbuilders with much higher margins. I am invested in all the cable companies and none of the wireless or Sat TV companies.
    Wi-Fi is just one of many technologies to get data to the consumer. Just like the cable companies, the telco's have Wi-Fi networks installed everywhere. They have 3G, 4G/LTE, WiFI, Copper, Fiber, and soon to be satellite. I personally think the cable companies need to get in the wireless business. I think one of them should take Sprint or T-Mobile or both. It's a great way to acquire customers via bundling.

Addict
    05-12-2015, 02:21 PM #56
    Wi-Fi is just one of many technologies to get data to the consumer. Just like the cable companies, the telco's have Wi-Fi networks installed everywhere. They have 3G, 4G/LTE, WiFI, Copper, Fiber, and soon to be satellite. I personally think the cable companies need to get in the wireless business. I think one of them should take Sprint or T-Mobile or both. It's a great way to acquire customers via bundling.
    They don't have to acquire wireless. They can use the wireless networks as a backup to the Wifi through their MVNO agreements with Verizon and Sprint in Comcast's case. Just like Liberty Global does in Europe with their MVNO and they sell Broadband Cable Phone and Mobile Wireless to their customers in a quad play instead of the triple play.

Guru
    05-12-2015, 02:51 PM #57
    nice tech bounce off 3.80

Guru
    05-12-2015, 03:04 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    It's up 12% since the start of 2015. That's a good investment considering that is 12% so far in 5 months, especially when measuring from the lowest point of the trading range it has established.

Better to warn people and suggest an exit at $4 than wait for $3.80. Like waiting for $3 and suggesting to build cash instead of targeting $4.25.

Concern should come near resistance, not support.
    And its up damn near 20 % from when midas urged everyone to sell back in mid oct.

05-12-2015, 04:31 PM #59
    They don't have to acquire wireless. They can use the wireless networks as a backup to the Wifi through their MVNO agreements with Verizon and Sprint in Comcast's case. Just like Liberty Global does in Europe with their MVNO and they sell Broadband Cable Phone and Mobile Wireless to their customers in a quad play instead of the triple play.
    What do you think about the Verizon and AOL merger news? Do you think Verizon is trying to get into the mobile ad and content business? It seems like an odd relationship if you ask me.

Addict
    05-12-2015, 05:05 PM #60
    What do you think about the Verizon and AOL merger news? Do you think Verizon is trying to get into the mobile ad and content business? It seems like an odd relationship if you ask me.
    AOL was worth Hundreds of Billions of dollars when it merged with Time Warner. It sold today for $4.4 billion. They bought it mostly for ad technology. In my opinion it closes the book on the biggest bubble of all time. Man did AOL mess up over the years. They could have been great.

Page 6 of 13 ... 45678 ...