Page 10 of 13 ... 89101112 ...
    05-19-2015, 03:05 PM #91
    Good growth the last few years. But every quarter they seem to miss some key metric to continue to hold the stock price down. My only question is, What key metric will they miss next quarter? any guesses?

Guru
    05-20-2015, 01:32 PM #92
    ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No Volume, no action. Guess its gonna take news or next cc to move this...whichever one come first?

Addict
    05-20-2015, 09:20 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No Volume, no action. Guess its gonna take news or next cc to move this...whichever one come first?
    All the action is in cable right now. Cablevision up 18% today alone. Time Warner Cable at all time highs up 5% today. Liberty Global up 4%. Consolidation talk all over the place in cable worldwide. Love the broadband business plan.

I expect Sirius will do very well, but the deals are hot and heavy in cable. Low EBITDA valuations with high broadband growth are stirring the interest globally. I expect that consolidation trend will spread to traditional content media as well as scale matters in global content and distribution. For example, Movies are making double or triple the amount of revenue overseas as compared to the US. Fascinating time in media.

Guru
    05-20-2015, 11:17 PM #94
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Addict
    05-21-2015, 07:25 AM #95
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Sorry. I know you guys know nothing about real investing and are just concerned with trading, but when you have growth media companies like Sirius trading at 18 times EBITDA with no consolidation going on, and cable companies trading at 7-8 times EBITDA and a ton of consolidation going on because of the low multiples, where do you think the action is going to be?

Sirius will do fine. It will be growing at 15-20% annually for a long long time. But it's just a numbers game now. You will be bored for a long time.

05-21-2015, 01:37 PM #96
    Slapshot....Institutional Ownership is showing 24.51%. Not sure what the number was when you saw and asked about it on thursday so cant say if this is updated or not.
    DM- Inst Owner was at 25.81% in early May, so it did decrease as Raptor suggested (sorry for the delayed response- was out of town for a few days).

Did someone here say that BM's patent application was denied? Is anyone following BM's latest 'dog and pony show'? Just curious

05-21-2015, 01:42 PM #97
    @ Muscle... You used to post on Damian's site, right? Any idea what happened to Damian and/or his site?

Also, does anyone have an update on how Cos is doing, or if he needs any assistance??

05-21-2015, 02:44 PM #98
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...irs?cmpid=yhoo

If the IRS does change their tax free spin off rules, this could cause some problems for LMCA. The YHOO/BABA situation is very similar to LMCA/SIRI. I'm sure big money will fight this, but something to keep an eye on. I can't recall if the spinoff of YHOO's BABA stake is similar to a RMT or not, but it does seem similar and the reason.

I don't blame the IRS for scrutinizing this ... spinning off the asset to shareholders allows the shareholders to sell at LTCG rates vs. the corporation selling the stock with no capital gain treatment (top tax rate for corp's is 39% plus state taxes right now vs. LTCG rates which max out at 23.8% plus state taxes for the top income tax bracket).

Guru
    05-21-2015, 08:55 PM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Sorry. I know you guys know nothing about real investing and are just concerned with trading, but when you have growth media companies like Sirius trading at 18 times EBITDA with no consolidation going on, and cable companies trading at 7-8 times EBITDA and a ton of consolidation going on because of the low multiples, where do you think the action is going to be?

Sirius will do fine. It will be growing at 15-20% annually for a long long time. But it's just a numbers game now. You will be bored for a long time.
    yeah we know, you love media stocks and have a huge Mel crush. We get it. And yes you are much smarter than all of us here when it comes to real investing...we are not worthy.

I will play along for shits n grins tho. Wouldn't mind seeing Malone grabbing vodafone.

Addict
    05-21-2015, 08:56 PM #100
    Oh Man! Did I read Bidding War??? Yes I did!!! Oh Baby! Take care guys......

WSJ -

Altice’s controlling shareholder, the French billionaire Patrick Drahi, was in New York Wednesday and met with Time Warner Cable Chief Executive Rob Marcus to discuss a potential deal, people familiar with the meeting said.

Altice is in talks with Time Warner Cable about a potential cash-and-stock takeover offer, the people said. Meanwhile, Charter Communications is in talks with Time Warner Cable about a bid that is likely to be well north of the $170 a share previously speculated by some analysts, other people familiar with the matter said.

It appears as though a bidding war for TWC may be shaping up. Still, one or both of the suitors could decide the price is too high to justify, or Time Warner Cable, which has a market value of $47 billion, could ultimately decide that operating on its own is in the best interests of its shareholders.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/.../?mod=yahoo_hs

Page 10 of 13 ... 89101112 ...