Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    09-06-2008, 07:27 AM #1

merger appeal

While more information is hard to come by it appears that there has only been one appeal of the merger deceision.

Case #081289

More detail when it becomes available
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    09-06-2008, 11:34 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    While more information is hard to come by it appears that there has only been one appeal of the merger deceision.

Case #081289

More detail when it becomes available
    Bets on Dismissal

09-06-2008, 11:42 AM #3

This Is A Joke

I hope nobody is losing sleep over this. SiriXM are now joined, they have already started to combine, so I really do not see this being taken apart. The DOJ and FCC both ruled in favor of this.

Since the companies are already combined it is not like they will suspend any activity that they are currently working on. Even if they are ordered to do so( which is improbable) they will appeal and continue to go on their merry way. Worst case scenario this gets dragged into a couple years of litigation that has no effect on operations of the company but adds a couple of million dollars of expenses onto general and administrative expenses.

Think of this as a review of a play. Unless there is clear evidence that the call was wrong, the call stands. Now just times that by a 1,000 and that is the situation we are at today.

Case closed. This might be thrown out by Judge Judy, if it even gets that far.

09-06-2008, 08:34 PM #4
    I think the fact that it wasn't reported in any major financial headlines for SIRI speaks for itself.

"Michael Hartleib who?"

The Hartleib saga has played out in a limited number of forums for those of us who have paid attention, otherwise no one has heard of him before.

Enthusiast
    09-07-2008, 12:42 AM #5

Turn On Your Hartleib

Turn On Your Harleib. Let it shine wherever you go. Let it make a happy glow for all the world to see. Turn on your Hartleib in the middle of a young boy's dream. Don't wake me up too soon. Gonna take a ride across the moon...

Enthusiast
    09-08-2008, 12:39 AM #6
    I agree with brandon, The appeal didn't smell right and fail quicker then the Family guy Spin off

Head Honcho
    09-08-2008, 11:11 AM #7
    There was a family guy spinoff?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    09-08-2008, 11:16 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    There was a family guy spinoff?
    Last i checked there making a spin off with Cleveland called the Cleveland show

kinda of spoiler preview where they explain it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTr-b2g_COc

Head Honcho
    09-08-2008, 11:18 AM #9
    It was a joke... get it... it failed so fast I didn't even know it existed? Throw me a bone here.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    09-08-2008, 05:00 PM #10

A repost from a previous Thread

I wanted to repost what I posted in Mr. Hartleib's thread.
    The reason is because this, and I know people will have fun with my post with the contrasts and bash me, but I dont care. I just feel this forum is full of users, about 98%, that just adore Mel, thinks he's some genius, well, for me, i need action, more shareholder respect, instead of insults, before I crown someone King.
    This is what I posted:

****I will have to say, I am a supporter of the merger, I think.
    I was a supporter of the merger before I saw how it was handled and how its being handled.
    I guess I can contrast it to the Iraq war. I was for toppling Saddam Hussein, before I saw how our airhead president handled it, now IM against it, because it was a debacle and the job was done, Saddam was dead, but were still there, pouring 20-30 billion a month (and thats much cheaper than how it started at 100 billion a month) and have been there 4 years after the fact of his death.
    Just like how I see this merger, it was not handled well by the FCC, they drug it out so long, like the war, that it is no longer in the shareholders and subscribers interest.
    I have to say I have respect for Mr. Hartleib for challenging how this merger was handled and how it has resulted in shareholders losing millions of dollars.\
    I now believe the merger was in the interest of Mel and his henchmen, but not the shareholders. Mel has even talked down to us on several occasions, repeatedly saying we are unsophisticated and we don't have any sense in this market. Well I say its all smoke and mirrors.
    And as far as consumers and subscribers, here we are in the peak of sports season, which is a big chunk of SIRIUS subscribers, we have seen no advertisements, no revising of packages for the heart of sport season, NO WORD FROM MEL, the genius you guys speak of, nothing....
    I feel now shareholders got screwed and I applaud the fact that Mr. Hartleib has the BALLS to stand up to SIRIUS and the FCC on the way they handled this whole process.
    Thanks Mr. Hartleib, at least one of us shareholders has a voice.
    Because of this merger and the 2+ year process, us shareholders have taken a beating, and we NEED ANSWERS NOW, not next year.****

Now I understand I will get a hundred, Jason is a dumbass, or I'm a f'n idiot responses from the staunch Mel/Sirius/Merger supporters, but eventually we will have to open our eyes and see it was not completely in the shareholders/subscribers interest, as we can see with the stock and lack of any news currently. And honestly, its my point of view, and I should have a right to say it and not get bashed for it.
    And I want to thank Newman for being a unbiased moderator, he helps this forum be a valid discussion forum and not a one-sided forum.

-Jason L.
    Last edited by JasonL; 09-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12