Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: FCC Oversight.

  1. #1
    hartleib1 is offline
    Enthusiast
    hartleib1's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 135

    FCC Oversight.

    At this time I can not give many details as I am prohibited to do so. I can say the GAO as well as Energy and Commerce are far from finished with the FCC. But even more interesting is that all is not well within the walls of the FCC itself. It appears as though there may actually internal oversight after all! Someone has awoken from the dead! Sirius / xm and the handling of the Merger are at the heart of a major investigation!

  2. #2
    demonotaku is offline
    Enthusiast
    demonotaku's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 142
    Quote Originally Posted by hartleib1 View Post
    At this time I can not give many details as I am prohibited to do so. I can say the GAO as well as Energy and Commerce are far from finished with the FCC. But even more interesting is that all is not well within the walls of the FCC itself. It appears as though there may actually internal oversight after all! Someone has awoken from the dead! Sirius / xm and the handling of the Merger are at the heart of a major investigation!
    You do realize they had your stuff in the fcc docs, Sirius is saving 700 Million dollars due to this merger, and your so much of a brain dead a$$hole like the entire FCC and Cramer. Looks for a big announcement involvng Apple Tuesday and see the stock jump. Mr. Poor poor Troll boy

  3. #3
    SiriusXMInvestor is offline
    Enthusiast
    SiriusXMInvestor's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 227
    Quote Originally Posted by hartleib1 View Post
    At this time I can not give many details as I am prohibited to do so. I can say the GAO as well as Energy and Commerce are far from finished with the FCC. But even more interesting is that all is not well within the walls of the FCC itself. It appears as though there may actually internal oversight after all! Someone has awoken from the dead! Sirius / xm and the handling of the Merger are at the heart of a major investigation!

    You deserve to be bitch slapped.

  4. #4
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    The reason that I like these message boards and the reason that I DO NOT follow the Yahoo and Google message boards is because of the fact that EVERYONE is allowed to have an opinion, regardless of the fact that I agree or do not agree. I happen to disagree with Mr Hartlieb, but I still respect his right to voice his opinion. If that includes filing a lawsuit, then that is his perogitive.

    Personal attacks, insults, and threats of "bitch slapping" are completely unnecessary and unproductive. If you have a problem with Mr Hartlieb, please argue the point using facts, not immature insults. Perhaps Mr. Hartlieb actually does know what he is talking about and you really have no right to contradict him, because if you do no have the facts to contridict him, you really have no position to speak.

  5. #5
    demonotaku is offline
    Enthusiast
    demonotaku's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 142
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    The reason that I like these message boards and the reason that I DO NOT follow the Yahoo and Google message boards is because of the fact that EVERYONE is allowed to have an opinion, regardless of the fact that I agree or do not agree. I happen to disagree with Mr Hartlieb, but I still respect his right to voice his opinion. If that includes filing a lawsuit, then that is his perogitive.

    Personal attacks, insults, and threats of "bitch slapping" are completely unnecessary and unproductive. If you have a problem with Mr Hartlieb, please argue the point using facts, not immature insults. Perhaps Mr. Hartlieb actually does know what he is talking about and you really have no right to contradict him, because if you do no have the facts to contridict him, you really have no position to speak.
    Read Brandons Opinion story on this when its reviled he had 6 pages in the verdict with issues he helped raise, and that is the main reason why hes having a appeal

  6. #6
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    Great. There is a single fact, and it is completely obscured by you saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by demonotaku
    your so much of a brain dead a$$hole like the entire FCC and Cramer.
    Do you see lawyers go into the court room and say "Your honor, and ladies and gentlemen of the Jury. Today I will show you through hard facts, scientific evidence, and irrefutable DNA evidence that this cock sucking douche bag sitting in that chair over their with the shit eating grin killed those people."

    Like I said, leave out the insults and you have a much better argument. The insult did absolutely nothing for your post and it is not necessary.

  7. #7
    JasonL is offline
    Enthusiast
    JasonL's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 107

    to agree or not to agree, is that a question?

    I will have to say, I am a supporter of the merger, I think.
    I was a supporter of the merger before I saw how it was handled and how its being handled.
    I guess I can contrast it to the Iraq war. I was for toppling Saddam Hussein, before I saw how our airhead president handled it, now IM against it, becuase it was a debacle and the job was done, Saddam was dead, but were still there, pouring 20-30 billion a month (and thats much cheaper than how it started at 100 billion a month) and have been there 4 years after the fact of his death.
    Just like how I see this merger, it was not handled well by the FCC, they drug it out so long, like the war, that it is no longer in the shareholders and subscribers interest.
    I have to say I have respect for Mr. Hartleib for challenging how this merger was handled and how it has resulted in shareholders losing millions of dollars.\
    I now believe the merger was in the interest of Mel and his henchmen, but not the shareholders. Mel has even talked down to us on several occasions, repeatedly saying we are unsophisticated and we don't have any sense in this market. Well I say its all smoke and mirrors.
    And as far as consumers and subscribers, here we are in the peak of sports season, which is a big chunk of SIRIUS subscribers, we have seen no advertisements, no revising of packages for the heart of sport season, NO WORD FROM MEL, the genius you guys speak of, nothing....
    I feel now shareholders got screwed and I applaud the fact that Mr. Hartleib has the BALLS to stand up to SIRIUS and the FCC on the way they handled this whole process.
    Thanks Mr. Hartleib, at least one of us shareholders has a voice.
    Because of this merger and the 2+ year process, us shareholders have taken a beating, and we NEED ANSWERS NOW, not next year.
    -Jason L.
    Last edited by JasonL; 09-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.

  8. #8
    JasonL is offline
    Enthusiast
    JasonL's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 107

    to demonotaku

    Yeah they will make money through the merger, 700 mil give or take, but whos to say they wont just throw more at stern, or oprah, or some other personality or fatten wallets. I have been following the SIRI stock for over 2 years, and have heard all the false positives, yet stock still tumbles slowly towards the bottom, but wheres the bottom? And yes, the stock should be at 10.00 a share, but the fact of the matter its 1 and some change and sinking.
    Shareholders have the right to know more and should.
    I do think something stinks, and there should be a more investigative stance being taken into what went on at the FCC for damn near 2 years, and the banks that are involved, driving the stock lower. But for now, I do not want to distract a critical time for SIRI and innovative development.
    As far as the Apple news, we'll see, rumors are rumors, but for me, it would be a life saver for SIRI, and the possible XBOX inclusion would be great to, just make a big push into mainstream.
    Thats the kind of innovative ideas that are needed.
    A new day is coming for SIRI, I still believe, thats why I hang in there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •