02-12-2015, 01:00 PM #1

Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal

I recently purchased a 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus and I love it.
    The only problem that I'm having is that the Sirius radio is stuck on "acquiring signal".
    AM and FM work fine, but the Sirius doesn't play anything...not even the preview on channel 184.
    It's stuck on channel 184 and the display says acquiring signal.

I transferred my subscription and Sirius says that it's a problem with the vehicle, maybe the antenna. I've talked with them several times....always the same response. It's not them, it's the car.
    I've been searching online for similar issues, but I haven't found any that are specific to the Evoque.
    I am aware of the bluetooth connectivity conflict and have made sure to not have bluetooth connected when attempting to activate Sirius.

What I'm thinking is that I need to reset the radio--completely clear everything, turn it on, and then resend the Sirius activation signal and see if it will pick it up.

I've seen posts for other vehicles (ie Jaguar) to reset the system by disconnecting the battery cables, touching them together, waiting a bit, and then reconnecting.

I'm concerned about disconnecting the battery....will it have any ill effects on the car?
    Does anyone know of another way to reset the radio?
    Does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

02-13-2015, 08:02 PM #2
    I'd go ahead and try the disconnecting the battery cables fix. It won't harm anything else, just remember to disconnect NEGATIVE first (black) then positive (red). Let it sit for a while, then reconnect the cables IN REVERSE order. Positive first, then negative. Then have a signal sent to the radio and see of that fixes it. If not, then I'd say a service call to where you bought the vehicle from...