Two years ago I had "Satellite Radio Tuner Kit SIRIUS (999U9-NV004)" installed in my 2005 Nissan Altima at my local Nissan dealer. I bought the car used and the person who had it before me never bothered to buy a satellite tuner. The car has a Bose system and had the SAT button as an option on the radio. The dealership ordered the Kit, antenna, etc. and installed it. Everything worked great and I had just the standard Sirius Select option. Today I went to renew my subscription and wanted to upgrade to "Sirius All Access" so I could get Major League baseball, NHL, etc. It basically adds about 10 extra stations. When I called Sirius and had them send my tuner a new signal to upgrade to the new package, the upgrade didn't work. The customer service rep said that the tuner may be too old, or that the dealer that installed it may have to "reset" it.

Is there such a thing as "resetting or recalibrating" the tuner? Has anyone heard of this? My tuner only goes up to 184. The new stations I wanted to get are in the low 200s. (207, 209, 208, etc.)

I haven't yet called the car dealership to ask them.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.