Page 30 of 54 ... 20282930313240 ...
    01-09-2015, 10:18 AM #291
    Having been following this forum as a more or less a lurker over the past year, I just wanted to say thanks to the community for all of the insights, observations, analysis and data you have shared during this time. While I fully own my investment decisions, I truly value your thoughts as a means to better understanding what's going on during the good, maintaining level headiness and sanity during the all too frequent not as good and in passively commiserating the frustrated stretches. I thank you all for this help.

As for background (and some evidence that I am a proactive lurker ), my screen name is simply my initials with the numbers eBay assigned to me a really long time ago and I've been too lazy to change. I maintain a longer perspective with SIRI although some poor judgment exercised 14 months ago has put me in a little bit of hole so I could use a bust out in share price to resolve that and return my focus to the long term. My situation has prevented me from taking advantage of the dips in 2014 and was too stubborn to "give up" even though there were obvious opportunities. I do not have access to technical tools or data beyond what so many of you are kind enough to share.

My holdings in SIRI seem to be very modest relative to my impression of those of you who regularly post (which is probably why I have so passive in conversations) but been in my possession since the "fifty cent" days. I'm not in the industry and more of a 401(k) / mutual fund investor. I still have a broad savings window but I can see my back 9 on the horizon.

Anyway, my goal this morning was not to tell you my life story but to offer thanks for all the help this past year and hope that we are all prosperous with SIRI in 2015 and beyond.

JR

Mentor
    01-09-2015, 10:26 AM #292
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Hey Denco... you going to the Spurs game tonight?
    Would be nice. My girls have been asking when we are going to the next game. Probably in a few weeks. Should be a good game tonight. Phoenix is a tough team. The Spurs threw away Tuesday nights game. Hope their focus is there tonight.
    You Going?

01-09-2015, 10:29 AM #293
    Welcome JR999...

Shouldn't Short Interest have been updated by now? It's been 2 1/2 weeks since the last update. I am interested to see if it will go down again

Guru
    01-09-2015, 10:33 AM #294
    Welcome to the forum JR999 always good to have another siri long on board.

Here ya go slapshot

2014/15 short schedule

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.a...ShortIntPubSch
    Last edited by dm_4; 01-09-2015 at 11:17 AM.

01-09-2015, 10:40 AM #295
    We were discussing it but with the weather and everything going on we decided not to. My girls would love to go too.

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Would be nice. My girls have been asking when we are going to the next game. Probably in a few weeks. Should be a good game tonight. Phoenix is a tough team. The Spurs threw away Tuesday nights game. Hope their focus is there tonight.
    You Going?

01-09-2015, 10:41 AM #296
    New perspectives are always a good thing! Glad you joined us!!

@SlapShot: Short Interest Information http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/siri/short-interest

Quote Originally Posted by JR999 View Post
    Having been following this forum as a more or less a lurker over the past year, I just wanted to say thanks to the community for all of the insights, observations, analysis and data you have shared during this time. While I fully own my investment decisions, I truly value your thoughts as a means to better understanding what's going on during the good, maintaining level headiness and sanity during the all too frequent not as good and in passively commiserating the frustrated stretches. I thank you all for this help.

As for background (and some evidence that I am a proactive lurker ), my screen name is simply my initials with the numbers eBay assigned to me a really long time ago and I've been too lazy to change. I maintain a longer perspective with SIRI although some poor judgment exercised 14 months ago has put me in a little bit of hole so I could use a bust out in share price to resolve that and return my focus to the long term. My situation has prevented me from taking advantage of the dips in 2014 and was too stubborn to "give up" even though there were obvious opportunities. I do not have access to technical tools or data beyond what so many of you are kind enough to share.

My holdings in SIRI seem to be very modest relative to my impression of those of you who regularly post (which is probably why I have so passive in conversations) but been in my possession since the "fifty cent" days. I'm not in the industry and more of a 401(k) / mutual fund investor. I still have a broad savings window but I can see my back 9 on the horizon.

Anyway, my goal this morning was not to tell you my life story but to offer thanks for all the help this past year and hope that we are all prosperous with SIRI in 2015 and beyond.

JR
    Last edited by midas360; 01-09-2015 at 10:54 AM.

01-09-2015, 10:41 AM #297
    Your story sounds like mine... Thanks for posting and good luck...

Addict
    01-09-2015, 11:28 AM #298
    Jessica came out with a superlative report on one of my top content plays Disney this morning. And up it goes in a down market...... She is unbelievable. No media analyst comes close.

Not hard to figure out these media stocks if you read her reports. Just awesome. For over 20 years now. I remember in 98 when she called CBS $50 when it was trading at $18 and she was off by 3 days when it hit $50 in 99. So So Good..........

01-09-2015, 11:33 AM #299
    I know you've probably posted this a few times but which media stocks do you own? Post your list again? I want to create a watch list if you don't mind?

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Jessica came out with a superlative report on one of my top content plays Disney this morning. And up it goes in a down market...... She is unbelievable. No media analyst comes close.

Not hard to figure out these media stocks if you read her reports. Just awesome. For over 20 years now. I remember in 98 when she called CBS $50 when it was trading at $18 and she was off by 3 days when it hit $50 in 99. So So Good..........

01-09-2015, 11:36 AM #300
    @Muscle... the reason I am asking is I saw this news release today.

MEXICO CITY--Mexican broadcast and media company Grupo Televisa said Thursday that it completed the sale of its 50% stake in mobile operator Grupo Iusacell and used part of the money to buy a regional cable company.

The sale of the Iusacell stake clears the way for U.S. telecom giant AT&T Inc. (T
    ) to close its acquisition of Iusacell, which last year it agreed to buy from Mexican businessman Ricardo Salinas Pliego for $2.5 billion including the assumption of debt.

Televisa earlier agreed to sell its half of Iusacell to Mr. Salinas for $717 million, and booked a $320 million loss on the sale.

Televisa said it used part of the money to buy Cablevision Red, a regional operator with around 650,000 subscriptions to cable TV, broadband and phone service.

Televisa paid three billion pesos ($204 million) for the cable company, and will assume around 7.2 billion pesos in debt and other liabilities.

Cablevision Red--which operates mostly in the states of Guanajuato, Jalisco, Aguascalientes, Querétaro, Tamaulipas and Colima--is expected to generate sales of two billion pesos this year, and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a measure of cash flow, of one billion pesos.

Aside from being Mexico's dominant television broadcaster with around 70% of the free-to-air market, Televisa is the largest pay-TV provider through several cable units and satellite television service Sky Mexico.

Page 30 of 54 ... 20282930313240 ...