Page 16 of 54 ... 6141516171826 ...
    01-06-2015, 06:02 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    It's not a pair trade so not a buy write. May be a write against an existing long. Trade processed within minutes of the low of the day and the trade time for the options may not be indicative of the exact time of the trade.

No, wasn't me. I don't buy out of the money options except in very rare cases and in very small amounts. If I touched anything it would be Jan 17th $3's at a penny over value for a short term trade. Wouldn't throw $400K at those either... too risky for that percentage of my holdings. Were I in cash I'd be picking up that $3/$4 spread for Jan 2016 here as the dip has made for better upside potential.
    didn't check to see if it was paired so you are most likely correct in that it was written to cover an existing long position. btw, I was kidding with the "corner the market" quip. I really didn't think it was you.

I've never been able to make money on long calls nomatter what the underlying stock...in the money, out of the money, it just doesn't matter. My calls always end up worthless. To me it's kind of like fishing and I can't do that either. I can be sitting next to some guy who is hauling them in hand over fist and I'll get nary a bite....and to add insult to injury when I reel my line back in, the bait is gone! You may think I'm kidding but it happens every time! As a result, I don't fish anymore either. I don't know how you do it but kudos to you!

01-06-2015, 07:39 PM #152
    Thanks Faulkner for the clarification on the March $3.50 calls!

Head Honcho
    01-06-2015, 08:01 PM #153
    I love when people are fighting and other members ignore it and post serious SIRI information like nothing is happening around them. +1 to all of you guys. Makes me chuckle.

screw you, no screw you, how about those March calls, you're an idiot, not as dumb as you dummyhead, auto numbers look good, moron.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-06-2015, 08:11 PM #154
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I love when people are fighting and other members ignore it and post serious SIRI information like nothing is happening around them. +1 to all of you guys. Makes me chuckle.

screw you, no screw you, how about those March calls, you're an idiot, not as dumb as you dummyhead, auto numbers look good, moron.
    Imagine what it would be like if we were all in the same room at the same time, drinking and packing heat.

Mentor
    01-06-2015, 08:23 PM #155
    How many net subs adds does SIRI report in Q4.......350k...450k....500k......less,more... what do we need to move the needle on this POS. What does the street expect and what do we "need" to not be taken to the woodshed?

EDIT: Lol, Dm....that's funny

Guru
    01-06-2015, 08:40 PM #156
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    How many net subs adds does SIRI report in Q4.......350k...450k....500k......less,more... what do we need to move the needle on this POS. What does the street expect and what do we "need" to not be taken to the woodshed?

EDIT: Lol, Dm....that's funny
    It should be north of 411k at least so based on that....i will say 430k, that alone wont move the needle tho. Nothing short of malone and company taking the foot off the brake and some positive announcement with one of the other players out there that have deep pockets such as a google, etc, imho.

Or a new stock swap offer of say 3.75+, which if that were to happen..stock would run to prob over 4 again before coming back down.
    Last edited by dm_4; 01-06-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Mentor
    01-06-2015, 08:49 PM #157
    From todays press release on the new SiriusXm channel http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sirius...120831322.html

SiriusXM says it currently has more than 27 million subscribers, although it does not release information about the popularity of individual channels or shows.
    From Q3 press release http://investor.siriusxm.com/release...leaseID=878541

Strong subscriber growth. Net subscriber additions in the third quarter were 432,817, bringing total subscribers up nearly 5% to 26.7 million.
    Sure hope its clears 27 mn by a couple hundred k. At least we know that the # wont be under 300k....
    Last edited by denco1; 01-06-2015 at 08:54 PM.

01-06-2015, 09:34 PM #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Most options end up worthless. It's often due to closing of positions near expiration. If an option doesn't have a hedge, for instance someone long those $3.50's .... when Mar 20th gets close if the stock is over $3.50 they'll short against them to close it, driving the price towards $3.50. Anyone long puts will go long vs. them sub $3.50, driving the price towards $3.50.

It's also cheaper to close out an option position by shorting or going long vs. them and exercising or letting them run and be exercised than it is to sell them back into market considering option fees. The only thing that makes me pause on that idea is EVERY time I call E*Trade they question why I am closing position that way and not selling to close... after I explain they go ohhhhhh wow that makes a lot of sense. 10K contracts at $0.5 per is an expensive trade. $5,010 or so vs. $10-$25

People typically conjure up the ghosts and spirits around this activity near op ex and say oh... "they" are making sure that all the options expire worthless... but when pressed nobody knows who "they" are (run when people do the "they" thing... because they have no F'ing idea what they are talking about and are just guessing at shit). It's not "they" it's natural for it to happen.

People even call it "witching"... goes right along with the "I can't explain this scary stuff" idea :P
    If you are trading 10k contracts at a time my friend then you truly are a Player (pronounced "playah") with a capital "P"!!! My hat is off to you cause that's WAAAAY beyond anything I'd ever attempt. After all, a man has to know his limitations!.... and my limitations don't usually include long options (sometimes to buy write or overwrite for an underlying position) and NEVER includes Fishing OR watching golf. I usually keep my positions to 100 contracts or less. I also keep them short-term for the most part because, as you mentioned earlier, writing puts/calls requires the use of margin. However, I also hedge and therefore limit the use of margin by, for example, going long puts on a lower strike price with the same expiration as my short put. You seem to be comfortable with long calls (a LOT of calls apparently) but I've decided to concentrate my efforts on the sell side. As you said, most options expire worthless, so I like to let that fact work to my advantage. Good Luck to you though and thanks for the input!

Guru
    01-07-2015, 12:25 AM #159
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I did it just for you months ago. Glad you just now noticed.
    Little man you should give credit to capitalgil for doing the chart for you.
    Last edited by dm_4; 01-07-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Addict
    01-07-2015, 08:06 AM #160
    SiriusXM Exceeds 2014 Subscriber and Financial Targets; Issues 2015 Guidance

NEW YORK , Jan. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM today announced that it ended 2014 with 27.3 million subscribers, reporting 1.75 million net subscriber additions in the year, exceeding the company's increased guidance of 1.5 million net additions. Self-pay net additions in 2014 were 1.44 million, exceeding the company's 2014 guidance of 1.25 million and resulting in ending self-pay subscriptions of over 22.5 million.
    SIRIUS XM logo.

The company also announced that it expects to exceed its 2014 guidance for revenue, adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow.

"SiriusXM performed very well in 2014, exceeding our 2014 subscriber and financial guidance, even after pushing most of these targets higher during the year. With more people than ever subscribing to satellite radio, we expect the company's strong performance to continue in 2015," said Jim Meyer , SiriusXM's Chief Executive Officer.

"Our exclusive, diverse, and expertly curated content continues to have widespread appeal. SiriusXM's automotive distribution is growing by millions of units per year, and we expect to continue our exceptional track record of growth while simultaneously investing in innovative new services for the connected vehicle," added Meyer.

The company also issued 2015 guidance for net subscriber additions, revenue, adjusted EBITDA, and free cash flow:

Net subscriber additions of approximately 1.2 million,
    Revenue of approximately $4.4 billion ,
    Adjusted EBITDA of approximately $1.6 billion , and
    Free cash flow of approximately $1.25 billion .

SiriusXM expects to announce its complete results for the fourth quarter and full year 2014 on February 5, 2015 .

Page 16 of 54 ... 6141516171826 ...