12-02-2014, 07:29 PM #1

the game of renewing your subscription...

Hey all.
    I've had Sirius since Howard Stern made the move... He's the ONLY reason I subscribe.

I bought a new Lexus last year and it came with a year of free Sirius, which just ended. I got several emails saying I could get 46% off if I reactivate. I noticed that it was for the Sirius "Select" package, which doesn't include Stern channels..

I got on the chat window from the Sirius webpage and asked if they were offering any discounts for the "all access" package, and was told that they don't do that and I'd have to pay the $18+ per month for that.

I declined.... Was talking to some friends and they said that every year they cancel their subscription right before it auto-renews and then a few days later, call in and sign up again for a much discounted rate.. They said they've been doing this for many years. So, I just got off the phone with Sirius and tried that same thing... SUCCESS. 1 whole year of Sirius "All access" for $131 with no cancellation fee. Auto Renew will put me at the normal rate, but I can cancel a few days prior to avoid that from happening....

This whole game seems like a lot of wasted customer service man hours... why not just offer that in the first place??

What are your thoughts on this?

Head Honcho
    12-02-2014, 09:40 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    This whole game seems like a lot of wasted customer service man hours... why not just offer that in the first place??
    Because the vast majority of subscribers don't take the time to do what you're doing.

I agree with what you're saying in principle but the number crunchers have already done the cost/benefit analysis.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-29-2015, 06:24 PM #3
    If SiriusXM offered everyone a discounted rate, they wouldn't make money.