Page 23 of 41 ... 13212223242533 ...
    Guru
    12-15-2014, 12:59 PM #221
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    SIRI $3.35 low of day. Could this be oil related...

Original Analysis from October: "SIRI will sell off over the course of the next quarter, its momentum down will be based largely on the large market sell off. It could get there a bit before or a bit after. So I’ll say over the next 3-4 months. The large market sell off will be attributed to some of the same things I mention will impact SIRI. Example: many of the corp buybacks will ’slow down’ because of the stress in the high yield credit markets. Corp buybacks have helped inflate the equity market (read: help increase the multiple). I can;t tell you when it will end only where its likely to end. But, I will only tell you the move has begun, and we should see a resolution over the next 3 to 4 months. It's not a one day event, its normalization."
    Hey Little Man.....maybe you should have called for everyone to start building a cash position when siri was at 3.68 instead of 3.15 as you did back in October. Most of us made a lot of money by not listening to your HORRENDOUS call. Personally i am loving this pullback right now. Gives us all another chance to load up on the cheap and ride it up again.

12-15-2014, 01:21 PM #222
    SIRI $3.35 low of day. Could this be oil related...

Original Analysis from October: "SIRI will sell off over the course of the next quarter, its momentum down will be based largely on the large market sell off. It could get there a bit before or a bit after. So I’ll say over the next 3-4 months. The large market sell off will be attributed to some of the same things I mention will impact SIRI. Example: many of the corp buybacks will ’slow down’ because of the stress in the high yield credit markets. Corp buybacks have helped inflate the equity market (read: help increase the multiple). I can;t tell you when it will end only where its likely to end. But, I will only tell you the move has begun, and we should see a resolution over the next 3 to 4 months. It's not a one day event, its normalization."
    Midas/flook/fluke, waldo or whatever name you go by these days, this is what you posted back in october..."DM... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but SIRI is going $2.75 soon. GL!!!".

3 months later.....it never even got close to $2.75. In fact as soon as you made that call....it shot to 3.68. Not sure why you keep posting your original analysis for? DM is correct....it was a horrendous call. And you wonder why no one takes you serious around here?

12-15-2014, 01:28 PM #223
    Interesting article over at Forbes about Sirius XM.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspe...s-of-a-threat/

Sirius XM going back to the low of the day. It will be interesting to see if the "Santa Claus" rally plays out and if Sirius XM participates in it. It's kind of sad to see the indices setting new record highs and Sirius XM just trades in this silly range.

Edit: For Dumb and Dumber SIRI never traded @3.68 off the BOJ ECB October bounce. Only made it to 3.63, if it traded above 3.66 on volume the pattern would have been negated. Pattern is still in play.
    Last edited by midas360; 12-15-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    12-15-2014, 01:41 PM #224
    Interesting article over at Forbes about Sirius XM.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspe...s-of-a-threat/

Sirius XM going back to the low of the day. It will be interesting to see if the "Santa Claus" rally plays out and if Sirius XM participates in it. It's kind of sad to see the indices setting new record highs and Sirius XM just trades in this silly range.

Edit: For Dumb and Dumber SIRI never traded @3.68 off the BOJ ECB October bounce. Only made it to 3.63, if it traded above 3.66 on volume the pattern would have been negated. Pattern is still in play.
    shot to 3.63 not 3.68....my bad. Just wondering what was the pattern or your ta was telling you when you told everyone to go cash because 2.75 was comng soon back in October??
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-15-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Guru
    12-15-2014, 02:31 PM #225
    SF....3.38 gap filled

Enthusiast
    12-15-2014, 03:20 PM #226
    Currently well below the 200 day of 3.39. Where is next support?

Addict
    12-15-2014, 03:40 PM #227
    Sold everything. Re-bought a few cents lower. Dumped those 3.80+ shares I had because I'm not going to stare at them for another year. Starting from scratch. Now I can trade 258k shares at a time if I choose.

Not happy about today. Wrestled with the idea of shorting it this morning. Couldn't do it. Idiot.....

Addict
    12-15-2014, 04:14 PM #228
    Liberty Death Cross leading us lower?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/libert...152958808.html

Back to Jan 2013
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 12-15-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Enthusiast
    12-15-2014, 04:18 PM #229
    DM,

I am going to chime in here, since this is my call. A break to the upside of 3.66 would denote a failed 5th wave. The lack of a gap close (2.91) at the bottom of wave 4 and failed break out of 3.66 says we might be in a larger wave 4, not the original .30 range, but a .60 range for wave 4 (3.06-3.66). As I have been saying since Jan, 3.66 is it. I go long term bullish on a break of 3.66 on vol.

There are several patterns at play longer term most notably (and simply); EW and nested head and shoulders off the top. Coincidentally, a break of 3.66 would negate some of the H&S as well as it would the fifth wave. Within the waves (shorter term to daily) I am trading the harmonics with Crabs and Gartley's. Intra-day, Fib's and gaps, low hanging fruit. The 2.75 call is obviously based on a Fibonacci 50% retrace from 1.27 which took place the week of 10/07/11 to the 4.18 high that took place the week of 10/25/2013. It came in to play when the 38.2 retrace (3.05/3.06) was breached on multiple days in mid to late April 2014 (sub 3.00).

Generally speaking:
    [Swing Trade] Go bear-ish around 3.60-3.66 with a tight stop a nickle up @ ~ 3.71 (the break out mentioned above).
    [Swing Trade] Go bull-ish in the low 3.00 with a tight top a nickle below.
    [Day Trading] The 3.30's are no mans land to start a swing trade, although it can still work for you, just has a higher risk vs. reward. No need to work harder than you have to. In the 3.30's day trade or you should be looking to take profits from swing trades in either direction here.
    [Long Term] Until 3.66 falls, buy long term shares on a 2.91 gap fill or 50% retrace. Same old same old, pick your spots to average in, buy .01/.02 in front.

Obviously if you have long term shares, its difficult to sell in wave 4, wave 1 was 'ideal'. Not suggesting for anyone to sell long term shares. Only suggesting to keep yourself nimble to take advantage of a situation to buy long term shares. 'Soon' is subjective and I am less concerned on the 'when it takes place' than someone who has a long term position. The 'when' is irrelevant when you are waiting to get in as you can play in other sandboxes and the 'pain' of a [short term] range stalled position is pretty much zero. Others, who might have a long term position (short or long), always want to know the 'when'. Sorry, TA does not always work that way and Fib Time Zones suck (IMO). You wanted to know what 'soon' meant, so I gave you a rough time frame. 3-4 months from mid October. That puts us @ roughly mid February before I could be wrong on the 'when'. Regardless of it hitting by then, 2.75 is still in play until 3.66 breaks on volume. I'll say that until the RMT and be happy swing trading it along the way.

I have suggested this before, this is a great resource and worth the money if you want to take TA seriously. It takes practice and will seem like voodoo until you put real time in and back test. Other than membership, I have no affiliation with this site. Great group of guys.
    http://pebblewriter.com/

If you have a legitimate question, email me or you can hit me up in chat. No I am not CN. He seems to be driven by fundamentals and a little TA (get your mind out of the gutter), I am the exact opposite.

Please try to keep it respectable. You all are on a path to a yahoo quality forum, none of us should want that.

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    shot to 3.63 not 3.68....my bad. Just wondering what was the pattern or your ta was telling you when you told everyone to go cash because 2.75 was comng soon back in October??
    Last edited by waldo29; 12-15-2014 at 04:21 PM.

12-15-2014, 04:40 PM #230
    $3.26 low of LOD.

Edit: End the day on this...
    Last edited by midas360; 12-15-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 23 of 41 ... 13212223242533 ...