Page 39 of 41 ... 293738394041
    Guru
    12-20-2014, 10:40 PM #381
    Quote Originally Posted by siriustimes View Post
    For those who have noticed Siri tracking lmca at 10 to 1, lmca P&F is showing a bullish price objective of 36.56 which would equate to Siri at 3.65. Siri P&F is still showing a bearish price objective of 3.21
    thanks for the update siriustimes.

Addict
    12-21-2014, 12:24 PM #382
    Merry Christmas Paul. Hope your trades have been profitable ones.

Guru
    12-22-2014, 12:24 PM #383
    just bought another 1k of crocs at 12.02. Playing the range.

another 1k 11.97. Errrrrrrr
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-22-2014 at 01:45 PM.

12-22-2014, 01:06 PM #384
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Steiny - Never got a response on this. Are you seeing anything out there in media growth (content or distribution) with a reasonable EBITDA valuation, that I am missing in this portfolio? Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Disney, CBS, Sirius. Thanks!
    Hey Muscle, I haven't been as involved with the stock market since I started my outsourced accounting firm so I cannot speak with 100% certainty on this. But I have liked Comcast/TWC and SIRI. Disney was one stock I did look at, but again, I haven't had as much time to research, etc. This has kept me mainly to a "lurker" but I will run numbers on SIRI and make some comments here and there because I still keep a close eye to news on it plus LMCA news.

Comcast intrigues me because of the TWC merger for a long-term play, but I just think Malone is biding his time for the right opportunity in this market. I just think he has something up his sleeve in this space and with SIRI.

Good luck to you and everyone here with their trades... I will continue to monitor this board and do quarterly estimates, may even up date my look-forward analysis, which I haven't done for awhile now.

Addict
    12-22-2014, 03:59 PM #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Wolf, you holding those 20K shares short $3.49 ?
    No, I never placed it. I actually did the opposite and bought in (chased) 50% this morning @ 3.48. Got the other 50% sitting @ 3.42 for that gap.

Guru
    12-22-2014, 05:00 PM #386
    just sold my 3k crocs at 12.16

who buys crox in the winter

Guru
    12-22-2014, 08:18 PM #387
    Who the hell buys those ugly things PERIOD?
    Ha i don't.....but i do know people who love them for their comfort. Crox has been in a new trading range for the last few weeks...decided to take a stab of it. Quick in, quick out. works for me.

Addict
    12-22-2014, 08:20 PM #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiny View Post
    Hey Muscle, I haven't been as involved with the stock market since I started my outsourced accounting firm so I cannot speak with 100% certainty on this. But I have liked Comcast/TWC and SIRI. Disney was one stock I did look at, but again, I haven't had as much time to research, etc. This has kept me mainly to a "lurker" but I will run numbers on SIRI and make some comments here and there because I still keep a close eye to news on it plus LMCA news.

Comcast intrigues me because of the TWC merger for a long-term play, but I just think Malone is biding his time for the right opportunity in this market. I just think he has something up his sleeve in this space and with SIRI.

Good luck to you and everyone here with their trades... I will continue to monitor this board and do quarterly estimates, may even up date my look-forward analysis, which I haven't done for awhile now.
    Thanks Steiny. Agree with you on Malone and cable. That's why Charter is part of my portfolio in addition to Comcast/TWC. I see more consolidation in the sector by Charter. On the content side Disney is awesome (ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel Lucasfilm), as is NBCUniversal at Comcast, and I love Moonves as a CBS CEO, as he is a Karmazin disciple from CBS and Viacom just like Meyer is from Sirius. Management is very important. Also I think CBS and Viacom get together again soon to leverage the content in broadcast, cable networks and movies against the distributors. Everything in the portfolio is under 13 times EBITDA except Sirius which is a FCF play.

The premise of the portfolio is in this internet world the biggest broadband providers and media content companies are the biggest winners on the net. How do we watch Netflix Hulu and Amazon video? Through broadband subscriptions. Who does Netflix, Hulu and Amazon buy all their content from? The big broadcast companies and movie studios. Quality video content will win on the net.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 12-22-2014 at 08:22 PM.

12-22-2014, 11:50 PM #389
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Who the hell buys those ugly things PERIOD?
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    12-23-2014, 03:58 PM #390
    Attachment 1304

Yeah that's about right.

NEVER BUY THAT STOCK AGAIN. You are hereby allowed to SHORT only!

lol...its actually a decent trading stock. Based on its latest range...i suspected it would bounce off 12.00 or so. it dipped slighty below 12 (i bought more when it did) today and it bounced to 12.18..i sold at the close 12.16. Pretty much went according to script. I have periodically traded in and out of it for a few years now. right now its in a 11.95 to 12.30 trading range has been for a few weeks. I could care less if they are good looking or as hideous as midas's/flukes mullet (that is him in the above picture, right?)....if i think i can make money off it....im trading it. Profit is profit...and that's a fact jack!