Page 14 of 41 ... 4121314151624 ...
    Addict
    12-05-2014, 04:04 PM #131
    Was a little timid (10k shares) but bought the 100 day at 3.47. If we go lower, at least it's not a full blown calamity.

12-05-2014, 04:33 PM #132
    Hey DM.
    I'm around. Keeping my eyes on you guys.
    Still pretty heavily committed to the dog and always interested in the POSITIVE info YOU and MOST everyone provides.
    Hoping you're doing well as with all the fellas.
    Shout out to you Denco, Wolfie and hoping everyone has a great holiday season.
    Take care.
    Hedy.

Addict
    12-05-2014, 05:01 PM #133
    what up Hedy!

we need to get far the f@ck away from the 3.50x

Mentor
    12-05-2014, 05:03 PM #134
    Hey Hedy!....what's up man. Still around and long the dog. SOS with UBS in control. Have a great Holiday season as well Hedy

12-05-2014, 05:37 PM #135
    Amen Wolfie
    Hope getting as far away as possible. I'm with you.
    Let's just make sure it's not in the direction brother Midas has suggested.
    HIGHLY UNLIKELY that will be the case. But nothing would surprise me with the history of Sirius.
    Seems like lots of activity hitting this bad boy at one time. At least that's what it feels like to me. Along with ongoing manipulation. I just hope the weight doesn't break this dogs back. Also I don't trust that c*cksucker Malone. Just my personal gut feeling.
    Take care partner.
    Money

Enthusiast
    12-05-2014, 06:59 PM #136
    If you don't intend to sell ... you WANT it to head in the direction "brother Midas" suggested.

The only reason you'd want it to trade any higher during a buyback is if you intend to sell, are looking to trade and are biased long / positioned for SP increase, or are margined against your holdings (or hold some sort of options that run the risk of going OTM).

Other than that there is no reason at all to want the share price higher for anyone who is long and looking to hold. Why anyone would want a company they hold to pay more for shares and retire less is beyond me... (again unless they are looking to sell, then I can completely understand the sentiment.)

Addict
    12-05-2014, 07:15 PM #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    If you don't intend to sell ...
    I do intend to sell, for a gain, every day.

I'd also like to sell the shares in the 3.80-3.90 range i've been stuck with since last october.

SF, a lot of us here have already been LONG the stock for much longer than we originally anticipated. I went into this ticker with a 5 year time frame and here I find myself 7 years deep still clawing for 3.50 with a 17mil SAAR. Whether SIRI buys back $2bil @ 3.25 or 3.55 doesn't matter to me. $10bil is another story. I'd like my gains now thank you. Gains that pace the overall market is not too much to ask for.

Enthusiast
    12-05-2014, 09:17 PM #138
    I know you're trading it Wolf and I get that but my comment was directed more at those who are simply long (maybe I am misunderstanding the position of some and all in here are trying to flip shares daily and skim pennies? I've watched many times you have commented that you have done this for thousands or tens of thousands of dollars each? You must have pulled millions over the years from flipping this thing around? That can't be much to complain about! I honestly wish I could do that with such frequency and accuracy but I'd screw it all up. )

What puzzles me is you mention you are "stuck" with shares but you bought shares today? You want your gains now but you added? You purchased near the top last year which was historically at a very high valuation for SIRI (heck even I would have and almost did blow out all my shares over $4... my sell target wasn't $4.25 until the end of Jan).

Trust me I KNOW everyone just wants to make as much money as possible. I'm not kidding myself when I say "blah blah blah... not looking to sell..." I'd be gone tomorrow if it hits $5 a share or something. Completely. And happy. But is it reasonable to expect the company to operate in a fashion where LMCA lets its stake overpay so that traders can buy at the 100 day and flip it out for more $$$ next week 10 cents higher?

Perhaps I have a different perspective and it's kinda just put me at peace here as I figured it "best" long ago to align thoughts with LMCA and what might be best for them. An average buyback price in the lower range of valuation is best for SIRI (and thus best for LMCA) in the long run.

I'd think we should get between $3.80 and $3.90 at some point reasonably soon and you'll be able to sell your stake. Buncha knuckleheads sold today on news SIRI had to pay out a few million which was actually good news... People email me all this weird shit all worried and stuff when these headlines come through. It's kinda insane... but there are less and less of them every day. I figure that's the point... these people are easy to get rid of, there's very little interest in SIRI as it's barely talked about anymore, and dropping the price on a day like today is as easy as lowering the bid vs. filling the ask... let the other sellers roll it down. Day like today done properly could buy back more shares than a walk up and result in the price ending lower despite it all.

12-06-2014, 12:20 AM #139
    I have to agree with the Wolfman.
    I've also been long and want to see the price appreciate and keep pace with the overall market.
    Stephen, not everyone's a young hipster like yourself. At least that's the visual from your avatar. That's cool. Was one myself.
    Some of us may now be older, disabled, living on a fixed SS income. Heading down toward the Mida's touch is not a desire of mine as one never knows what life has in store for them. Health wise, emergencies, etc.
    I get that you want them to buy on the cheap but I'd prefer to see some stabilization and some fricking gains for a change.
    I'm still in the black and I'd prefer to keep it that way.
    I also will sell when I get the price I want or when I need to but whatever that is may come at an unexpected place in time
    So the higher the better.
    You go ahead and wish for the $ 2.75 price but you better hope she goes back up.

You stated.
    "I'd think we should get between $3.80 and $3.90 at some point reasonably soon and you'll be able to sell your stake"

Of course you could persuade me to see it your way if you could tell me when that come back will be. I've seen your speculations and respect your writing but there is no guarantees my friend. And I don't suspect you're giving one are you?
    Take care.
    BTW Mida's isn't really my brother
    Last edited by hedymoney; 12-06-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Enthusiast
    12-06-2014, 12:51 AM #140
    I know Midas is not your brother lol He's more like the red-headed stepchild :P

I can see your position. I guess I have always seen SIRI as a longer term play for me and so I'm more than willing to ride it along and just add add add unless my viewpoint changes. I do get a lot of messages and it does seem the "older" crowd may have different objectives and time frames. I know personally I have difficulty talking with my own father about the market because our viewpoints are VASTLY different. He was happy to sell his SIRI for under $2 and walk away... (though he put that same capital into the 3d printing stocks after holding the cash for awhile, mostly DDD, and well... yeah... it went up 50% and he held till it dropped and still holds it on a 66% decline from peak or a 50% loss... woulda been better just leaving that in SIRI buuutttt we don't need an argument lol) 99% of his capital is managed by someone else at this point in very conservative stuff as he's semi retired and doesn't want to risk it. Me... I can ride the market for 30 years so, yeah, different perspectives.

I still figure that for those who are looking to sell they will have opportunity near last year's highs. No I'm not expecting $2.70 lol, and yes I'd still sell myself if for some crazy reason it rushed up to my sell target of $4.85 for Jan. I'll hold if it goes to the $4 area though.

Page 14 of 41 ... 4121314151624 ...