Page 13 of 25 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Enthusiast
    11-18-2014, 07:09 PM #121
    About 1 month left before the 200 day turns up reliably.

Couple weeks for the 50.

Should find a little resistance here.

Converts gone Dec 1st.

SIRI going to exhaust the buyback and go to leverage targets without moving price? Can they? Or is SIRI going to use the last 2 bil to move the price back up so LMCA can cash out a bit more of the high basis sometime in 2015 at a higher average price more towards the midpoint (then) of around 4.25? Can they get away with that twice without raising questions? Who knows. Long as it falls within the range of SIRI valuation I don't much care what LMCA does :P

11-18-2014, 07:23 PM #122

Jim Meyer to be on CNBC tomarrow at 11:00, just saw on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    About 1 month left before the 200 day turns up reliably.

Couple weeks for the 50.

Should find a little resistance here.

Converts gone Dec 1st.

SIRI going to exhaust the buyback and go to leverage targets without moving price? Can they? Or is SIRI going to use the last 2 bil to move the price back up so LMCA can cash out a bit more of the high basis sometime in 2015 at a higher average price more towards the midpoint (then) of around 4.25? Can they get away with that twice without raising questions? Who knows. Long as it falls within the range of SIRI valuation I don't much care what LMCA does :P

Guru
    11-18-2014, 07:35 PM #123
    Thats interesting bones....what the hell is he going on cnbc for???? the timing of it is strange, maybe something good coming out of the lmca investor meeting that is prompting it...something has gotta be up.

Faulks....if they exhaust the 2bill to buy back shares im thinking they drop it .20 cents first. I dunno....i just think it kills two birds with one stone that way. Cheaper shares and piss off more reets who say fk it and sell.
    Last edited by dm_4; 11-18-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Mentor
    11-18-2014, 07:39 PM #124
    Thanks fro the heads up NJBones. Last time he was on ( late last year I think) he said nothing EDIT - made a stupid comment about Pandora - and we continued to tank the rest of the year. Could be different this time.....why would he be summoned by his master to make an appearance unless something significant was afoot......we shall see. Could they really throw us under the bus again and let it tank??

EDIT: Yes, the timing is too obvious, DM. Why not push the company that comprises about 80% of LMCA........after SpinOff....it's too perfect..too easy. Yes, it smells of more MaloneCo BS........redemption could be in the air though......come on MaloneCO.....no more names....I promise!!......friends?
    Last edited by denco1; 11-18-2014 at 07:52 PM.

11-18-2014, 07:47 PM #125
    Why is he on at 11:00, when LMCA is at 12:30, puts me on edge.

Mentor
    11-18-2014, 07:50 PM #126
    If there is something brewing ----Liberty connected/OEM connected car related /etc..- an announcement could come before the market opens. Then they get the full skinny from Meyer on CNBC pump...then Maffei and Meyer comment at investor day.

Enthusiast
    11-18-2014, 08:08 PM #127
    Price control goes away Dec 1st, at least from a convert standpoint. I don't see any benefit to dropping the price 20 cents for convert holders with 8 trading days left. If they are short then delivery of shares covers it at this point and if they are not short why would they want price lower when they get shares? Wouldn't make sense to drive it down here unless I am missing something. Let it chew around in this area until then.

In my opinion convert removal moves it up and the buyback runs 3.66 to previous highs range. Can go up or down I see positives to both... though down is better and preferable unless you're looking to sell / trade.

Guru
    11-18-2014, 08:35 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Thanks fro the heads up NJBones. Last time he was on ( late last year I think) he said nothing EDIT - made a stupid comment about Pandora - and we continued to tank the rest of the year. Could be different this time.....why would he be summoned by his master to make an appearance unless something significant was afoot......we shall see. Could they really throw us under the bus again and let it tank??

EDIT: Yes, the timing is too obvious, DM. Why not push the company that comprises about 80% of LMCA........after SpinOff....it's too perfect..too easy. Yes, it smells of more MaloneCo BS........redemption could be in the air though......come on MaloneCO.....no more names....I promise!!......friends?
    yeah something is def up....stock broke out of its trading range to the upside....lmca meeting tomorrow, now meyers is gonna be on cnbc. you may be right...could be some sort of oem/connected car announcement/news. I forget who it was, meyers or maffie about a month ago said there could be some news by end of year re oem, maybe that's it.

Guru
    11-18-2014, 08:38 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by njbones1 View Post
    Why is he on at 11:00, when LMCA is at 12:30, puts me on edge.

and meyers is scheduled to speak at the lmca meeting...very odd. Seems like some nice news may be coming.

Guru
    11-18-2014, 08:46 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    There you go again Dan. I can't believe a pot smoking lawyer spends so much quality time calling people names? Are these billable hours?
    hey look what the cat dragged in....Frankenstein, oops i mean Einstein. Hey Einstein...must kinda suck waiting on that Siri 2.75 boat to sail in no???? Think of all that $$$ ya you left on the siri table in the last month....from 3.15 to 3.58....OUCH! nice call

Page 13 of 25 ... 3111213141523 ...