Page 21 of 25 ... 111920212223 ...
    Addict
    11-28-2014, 11:34 AM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    TrueCar Forecasts 17 Million SAAR in November as Early Black Friday Events Prime the Market
    PR Newswire
    Best November since 2001

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...re/LA75802.htm

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Edmunds.com, the premier destination for car shopping, forecasts that 1,261,813 new cars and trucks will be sold in the U.S. in November for an estimated Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) of 16.7 million.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300000368.html

Addict
    11-28-2014, 12:20 PM #202
    TrueCar Forecasts 17 Million SAAR in November as Early Black Friday Events Prime the Market
    PR Newswire
    Best November since 2001

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...re/LA75802.htm
    Check this number out from TrueCar guys -

Total used auto sales, including franchise and independent dealerships and private party transactions, are estimated to be over 3,079,327, up 23.7 percent compared to last November.

That is almost two and a half times the number of new cars sold for the month. This happens every freakin month. That's exactly where Sirius' growth is going to come from for the next 10 years as they grow from an OEM install base of 65 million cars on the road to 150 million cars on the road. Currently A 30%+ used car conversion rate, with negligible subscriber acquisition costs to boot. Used cars is the biggest growth engine Sirius will ever see. Quite honestly, Liberty would be nuts not to try again to buy Sirius in one day. Where do you find this kind of profitable growth anywhere in media?

Mentor
    11-28-2014, 12:42 PM #203
    Thanks for the links and the insights Muscle13

With the Spinoff of the cable assets a much more simplified transition/union can take place between SIRI and LMCA/K. Now that the converts are behind us or will be come Monday we could see an offer in the not too distant future....it's time for a single minded focus for the benefit of both sets of shareholders.

EDIT: That SAAR is real nice and will accelerate the projected build out which will in turn accelerate the transition/effect of the used car channel eventually taking the lead and sustaining/possibly accelerating growth. Great to see these types of numbers that are holding these high levels month to month.
    Last edited by denco1; 11-28-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-28-2014, 01:15 PM #204
    Wrote an article that deals with the convertibles and price control / 'manipulation' at like 2 in the morning last night... against my better judgment but I figure what the hell, they go away December first.

No opinions on their removal.. could go up or down depending on however this is all positioned. At this point, though, I think I'll be glad to have them gone, even if they seem to have assisted SIRI with its buyback on contracted purchases / ASR agreements. Amazingly SIRI really hasn't overpaid for any of this, which is uncommon in a large scale buyback.

Addict
    11-28-2014, 01:26 PM #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Wrote an article that deals with the convertibles and price control / 'manipulation' at like 2 in the morning last night... against my better judgment but I figure what the hell, they go away December first.

No opinions on their removal.. could go up or down depending on however this is all positioned. At this point, though, I think I'll be glad to have them gone, even if they seem to have assisted SIRI with its buyback on contracted purchases / ASR agreements. Amazingly SIRI really hasn't overpaid for any of this, which is uncommon in a large scale buyback.
    Hopefully your article doesn't include picking price targets out of thin air. Maybe one day you will consider doing actual stock valuations.

Mentor
    11-28-2014, 01:26 PM #206
    Looking forward to reading the article, Stephen....I too am glad to see them gone. I feel many moves have been put on the back burner awaiting this event. Even with a short term pullback the trajectory should be higher though am not convinced that we go down as a result......this day should be in the SP and forward thinking market action would suggest clear EDIT - er skies ahead.
    Last edited by denco1; 11-28-2014 at 03:49 PM.

11-28-2014, 01:29 PM #207
    +2 Could not agree more.

Hopefully your article doesn't include picking price targets out of thin air. Maybe one day you will consider doing actual stock valuations.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    11-28-2014, 01:36 PM #208
    I've been around long enough to see your sp predictions based on your preferred metrics for YEARS and you sir are no Oracle. Your few postings in the short amount of time you've been participating here have had less than a respectful tone. Maybe when your predictions become more accurate you can tell others how they should or shouldn't proceed with their strategies.

EDIT: My case has just been made by Midas +2ing you
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 11-28-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-28-2014, 01:46 PM #209
    Oh jeez I put that idiot Muscle13 on ignore a little bit ago. Please don't quote him I don't wanna see his nonsense! lol

** Oh... Midas quoted him... not surprised!

Enthusiast
    11-28-2014, 01:51 PM #210
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2717...n-manipulation

There ya go. It was about 20 pages long originally (seriously, finished it at 5 AM) but no way they would have passed that so I cut it down a LOT. Too many things one can speculate on really. Main point is who gives a shit... manipulation is all over the place.

Close will be interesting today... I feel like it'll be 3.65... If it does it breaks the weekly trend line on RSI going back to Oct 2012. Could mean something could mean nothing Little perfect storm of things on or around Dec 1st as far as the charts go.

Page 21 of 25 ... 111920212223 ...