Page 24 of 25 ... 1422232425
    Addict
    11-29-2014, 02:43 PM #231
    I gotta tell you though with all this talk about distribution, I still believe the most important part of media is content. The way I see it the best media business model has shifted in the last decade from advertising to subscription based. But content is still more important than distribution. That's one of the biggest reasons I love Sirius. Subscription business model with the best audio content bar none

11-29-2014, 03:32 PM #232
    @Muscle... I appreciate your insight on this. Thanks!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

11-29-2014, 08:03 PM #233
    @muscle... Are you not concerned that companies like Apple, Google, AT&T, Verizon, DirecTV, DISH, etc... could offer a similar service over an IP network via WIFI/4G/fiber optic/Satelite and negotiate access and offer the same content at cheaper prices if not free OR better yet, bundle the music/content with their phone and television products?

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I gotta tell you though with all this talk about distribution, I still believe the most important part of media is content. The way I see it the best media business model has shifted in the last decade from advertising to subscription based. But content is still more important than distribution. That's one of the biggest reasons I love Sirius. Subscription business model with the best audio content bar none

I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    11-29-2014, 09:11 PM #234
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @muscle... Are you not concerned that companies like Apple, Google, AT&T, Verizon, DirecTV, DISH, etc... could offer a similar service over an IP network via WIFI/4G/fiber optic/Satelite and negotiate access and offer the same content at cheaper prices if not free OR better yet, bundle the music/content with their phone and television products?
    Radio is a car business. Always has been, and always will be. Too much competition from video in the home. I have not seen one company yet attempt to put diverse quality audio content in the car like Sirius besides terrestrial radio which has a whopping 220 million regular listeners in this country. That's the true competition that Sirius has to take listeners away from. What I see happening is Pandora, Spotify, Apple/Beats and the rest are just targeting the music streaming business, which to me is a simple replacement for CD's, cassette tapes, and iTunes downloads which have all made their way into the car in the last 50 years. And they all took nothing away from radio listening. I just don't see anybody challenging Sirius. Could they? They could have for the last decade with the internet and then smartphones and they have not.

2/3 of Sirius listeners stream other audio. A majority of terrestrial radio listeners used to buy records cds and tapes. Radio and music streamers are not direct competition.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 11-29-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Addict
    11-29-2014, 09:21 PM #235
    @Muscle... I appreciate your insight on this. Thanks!
    Sure. No prob. I am reading CBS and Lionsgate may be interested in Starz. I sure would love to see CBS get them. CBS, Showtime and Starz together make a powerful content combination with premium video sub strength added to a broadcast network.

Enthusiast
    11-30-2014, 02:56 PM #236
    Poking around options today noticed an odd price went through for Jan 17 '15 at $3 strike. $1.78 (not sure on number of contracts, can't pull time and sales too far back) equaling $4.78 valuation.

Could be something could be nothing. These oddball option trades HAVE marked market tops and bottoms in the past. Only thing $4.78 matches up with (for me personally) is my upper limit of valuation here.

*** Edit trade was on 11/18

Enthusiast
    11-30-2014, 03:00 PM #237
    Another, $1.27 for a Jan 17 '15 $4 call on 11/18 I can't even see how this would be some fat fingered mistake...

11-30-2014, 07:33 PM #238
    For the record... Hedy is Brandon. Have a nice day!
    Wow Midas. You really are reaching. Not sure what for. Straws I guess.
    I'd have to say that's your second bad call.
    Sirius $ 2.75 now this.
    Are you sure it's not Faulkner or maybe Wolfie that's Brandon?

You're not really doing your avatar any justice as you're certainly not a genius.
    Joker avatar would be more appropriate.

BTW I finally looked up your chat site. At least the one you invited me to. Remember the one with all the ex-Satwaves members. Couldn't find anything.
    Anyway, that'll be all from me. I don't really think you deserve anymore of my time.
    Good luck in whatever endeavor you choose to try to destroy next.
    Be well.
    Hedy

11-30-2014, 08:35 PM #239
    Ok... let's pretend you are not Brandon (cough, cough). How many websites are you going to join of his before you realize it's a scam? How many "investments" are you going to make in his Real Short Data/Dark Pool system before you realize that he's taking your money to pay off his mortgage and other things? I hate to say it but you aren't going to make a single dime off Brandon or his websites. He's a grifter.

By the way, the old ex-satwaves guys are in chat daily. I don't know what link you are using. We are there every day during trading hours. You are welcome anytime!

Good luck to you and your relationship with the Great Stock Wizard!

Quote Originally Posted by hedymoney View Post
    Wow Midas. You really are reaching. Not sure what for. Straws I guess.
    I'd have to say that's your second bad call.
    Sirius $ 2.75 now this.
    Are you sure it's not Faulkner or maybe Wolfie that's Brandon?

You're not really doing your avatar any justice as you're certainly not a genius.
    Joker avatar would be more appropriate.

BTW I finally looked up your chat site. At least the one you invited me to. Remember the one with all the ex-Satwaves members. Couldn't find anything.
    Anyway, that'll be all from me. I don't really think you deserve anymore of my time.
    Good luck in whatever endeavor you choose to try to destroy next.
    Be well.
    Hedy

Guru
    11-30-2014, 09:01 PM #240
    Hedy, don't mind him brother. He has no skin in the siri game. NONE. Midas has two issues. One is that he has little man syndrome. The other is that guys over in his own chat namely waldo/cn scared him into selling his siri postion a very long time ago telling him that siri could go sub 2.90, 2.50, etc. Hence why he wants to see siri go to 2.75 so badly. Combine that with the fact that siri has done nothing but appreciate damn near 35% since his call a little over a month ago and you have one bitter siri little man hater, lol. Midas knows that he has already slit his throat here with just about everyone so really the only thing he has left is to stir the shit pot by saying stuff like he does such as you are brandon, etc.

Hedy, tune out midas, and enjoy every penny movement up knowing this makes midas and his cronies that much more bitter and irrelevant than they are now!!