Page 3 of 25 1234513 ...
    Enthusiast
    11-03-2014, 09:17 PM #21
    If SIRI was $8 I'd probably short the darn thing... It's not worth $5 yet, even at the high range (getting close to that being the high area though, another quarter of buybacks or so and continued performance, but I see $5 high range around March of 2015, $4.85 around Jan op/ex).

Regarding "build a cash position" it's typically taken as "sell here, and hold your cash to buy lower." There is no way anyone would suggest building a cash position by like... collecting up deposit bottles and bringing them to the store or putting away 15% of one's paycheck for a couple weeks for that.... big buy.... Build a cash position means SELL HERE and HOLD IN CASH.

Midas suggested build a cash position at 3.16. He's suggesting for trading purposes and if one was trading, 3.16 was where you SPEND CASH and BUY not SELL and HOLD CASH. It's pretty simple and the massive move in the other direction was the opportunity. I think it goes back to recent highs, though nobody would be blamed for taking 10% on a short term trade here, or hell, over 100% on short term near strike options. Who the hell trades out at 3.16 looking to buy under $3 in 3 or 4 months? Trying to scalp 5% on the short side in a third of a year? Maybe? On a speculative trade? Makes no sense at all. None.

The correct call was "buy" either for the long term investor or the short term trader, at 3.16. It's hit the short term "sell" area for the trader and it's over the 50 day (but on it) so it may be prudent for the long term buyer to wait and see how it behaves or simply buy the 50 here if they don't want to wait.

20 day just turned up hard and will rocket up sharply towards the end of the week without changes.

50 day is on a slow crawl down 0.25 per day. I'd expect a retest of highs or a drag here. Either or it has 10+ trading days before it would glide slowly into the 100.

The 100 day is uptrending a tiny bit but will flatline here soon, end of week.

And assuming prices stay at 3.50 area the 200 will turn up by the end of the month.

Previous support line break happened at 3.50 on 9/30. That line is now at 3.60 resistance. Good old half cent a day resistance / support SIRI likes to exhibit. 8 to 10 days for that line.

Current snap back has resistance at 3.525 or so. 1 cent per day slope. Horizontal resistance 3.55

If I were a betting man and I was looking to sell what I bought at 3.16 for max profit I would choose 3.54 to be safe on a short term trade.

I figure it pulls back from there a small amount and offers a buy at 3.45 or so again... the 50 day.

I think a lot of people got really screwed by this recent pullback and bailed (SIRI *and* general market). I always get a few messages from SIRI people saying they sold out on pullbacks like this (although getting less and less as time goes on... guess there are only so many left :P ) and their reasoning never really makes sense. Lot of made up BS and conjured demons that don't exist.

Guru
    11-03-2014, 10:14 PM #22
    So SF....you think siri could be pushing high 4's by mid/end jan?? After the past year, that would be a much welcomed sight!!

Enthusiast
    11-03-2014, 11:09 PM #23
    Maybe. Watch what LMCA does after it breaks all this crap out. LMCA (whatever ticker has SIRI) should lead and SIRI trail. Probably be able to get a good idea of where SIRI is going by watching the other. I'd be thrilled with 3.85 or so... that gives me a double. Anything more would be exceptional.

I may roll everything to 2016 at some point here. I just hate paying much time premium and the $3's still run 22 cents over value. 3 / 4 spread looks attractive. 45 cents or so. 110% gain at or over $4 Jan 2016. I figure once it breaches last year's highs it has room to about 5.66 over extension and then a return to $4. Could go with 3 / 4.50 spread in that case for a bit better potential 263%.... not worth it to widen that up any higher from here. And obviously options are extremely risky.

Addict
    11-04-2014, 10:26 AM #24
    Watch "AC/DC - Giving the Dog a Bone (lyrics)" on YouTube
    AC/DC - Giving the Dog a Bone (lyrics): http://youtu.be/1Rsz6adwyKU

Addict
    11-04-2014, 10:52 AM #25
    Back filled that quick move up from yesterday. Still have a real gap @3.38 too.

Just bought 3.43 (oops... just a partial fill chased the rest @ 3.44) and have buys in @ 3.39 to replace shares sold on yesterdays pop.
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 11-04-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Guru
    11-04-2014, 11:42 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    dm... Hamburger Helper has been calling for this for many years now and it still hasn't happened. Even with time on his side, it's not happening. He can write hamburger and hot dog articles over at Seeking Alpha until he's blue in the face. Not going to happen. The reason he's not writing articles now is because Seeking Alpha changed how they paid their authors. The easy money has come and gone over there.

Suck Deez Nutz Longy!

The only thing i will say Midass/Waldo/CN is that i value his opinion. Have a good day.

Guru
    11-04-2014, 11:47 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Watch "AC/DC - Giving the Dog a Bone (lyrics)" on YouTube
    AC/DC - Giving the Dog a Bone (lyrics): http://youtu.be/1Rsz6adwyKU
    My fav ac/dc song...use to listen to this full blast doin max authorized speed on the rails at 3am to keep me awake.

Guru
    11-04-2014, 01:01 PM #28
    Liberty conference call to discuss results for the third quarter of 2014 on Tuesday, November 4th, at 4:30 p.m. (E.S.T.).

All interested participants should visit the Liberty Media Corporation website at http://www.libertymedia.com/events to register for the web cast.

Addict
    11-04-2014, 02:32 PM #29
    Every time I've ever listened to a Liberty CC I've ended up asking myself why I wasted my time because they don't tell you anything.

Guru
    11-04-2014, 02:39 PM #30
    I might listen only for mentions of broadband spin off info and siri related stuff.

Page 3 of 25 1234513 ...