Page 23 of 37 ... 13212223242533 ...
    Addict
    10-21-2014, 01:01 PM #221

Enthusiast
    10-21-2014, 06:45 PM #222
    Adding to core. Every time I attempt to trade I win and lose and come away flat... and generally it's win win win then lose it all that I just gained. I only play with $3k to $10k on trade stuff though so it's not a big deal really.

I bought last week when I said so I am all in. Earlier in the year I bought about a third position and later added to it by 50% and now I'm in completely. I had originally wanted to remain in cash but the most recent pullback was really good opportunity in my opinion.

We'll see if it was prudent to buy $3.16 vs. raise cash at $3.16 and look for $2.70 as was suggested in the drive-by by Midass. We're about to come up to the 200 which may offer some resistance, but it's my other scenario I was looking for... either go into the Q3 call at or near 4 THEN pull back or pull back before it and go into the Q3 call at or near 3.50 and possibly go from there.

It pulled from 3.65 to 3.14 quickly and can move just as quickly the other way from 3.65 again if the call is good and the market rips.

I guess it could tank also on a bad call. I will be SURPRISED if the call beats estimates, based on interest costs on the buyback loans (which are not a big deal but they do buffer earnings). But I don't think the call will be BAD.

Since LMCA will be SIRI mostly very soon, it won't matter what PRICE SIRI is when LMCA makes the offer. LMCA will track SIRI and they could offer a little more premium if SIRI were at recent highs in terms of a ratio and people would go ooooh, ahhhh... that values us at $4.50 !! A 7% premium to the current price plus we just had a huge run! OK! (what was it like 3% before?)

Anyways, watch for deviation in the share prices again before an offer. LMCA appreciates faster than SIRI then a ratio is offered which values SIRI at a premium based on current LMCA pricing... whereas if the offer was done today it might value them on parity or even with SIRI at a discount.

There are a lot of very stupid people out there and with a little fudging around they could move the prices to make things look like a very very good deal.

Regarding market as a whole, I dunno. Seeing some guys short here saying we are in a bear market. Some of them heavily short. Some were short way the hell down bottom (crazy... on what ? the Ebola non-issue?). Guy I respect most called bounce Wed last week and went heavily in. Far as I know he is still holding (he runs trades on a model, not emotion), and looking for those who initiated shorts last week to cave and flip, and those who sold out looking for lower to chase.

So anyways blah blah blah... I say we go into that Q3 call right on the 50 day line at 3.50 if I had to make a short term prediction. Who's with me?

Guru
    10-21-2014, 07:38 PM #223
    Greetings from Naples, Florida everyone. Decided to take a lil vacation and come visit "Pops". First day here wasnt bad....mid 80's, golf, ice cold beer and siri up .05 @ 3.38!! Not too shabby guys, not too shabby. Hope everyone is doing good and things are looking good heading into cc....much better than a few week ago when we were in the 3-teens. Hope for another good day tomorrow my fellow siri longs!!

Enthusiast
    10-21-2014, 11:09 PM #224
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Faulkner. All in with a large position long. Keep watching Wolfie trading this dog and killing it. Thinking of flipping a few shares after the CC to learn a little. Also not experienced much with the options stragegies so I appreciate hearing your details on those as well

Addict
    10-22-2014, 10:36 AM #225
    Sold my dryships position this morning at $2.19 ps with a total profit of $57k in 2 weeks! That is what happens when you step away from Sirius and out into the world! And as a fool, I have likely not learned a great lesson and am buying my way back into Sirius anticipating the great runup to the CC that may not happen. What the hell is wrong with me?

Guru
    10-22-2014, 10:44 AM #226
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Sold my dryships position this morning at $2.19 ps with a total profit of $57k in 2 weeks! That is what happens when you step away from Sirius and out into the world! And as a fool, I have likely not learned a great lesson and am buying my way back into Sirius anticipating the great runup to the CC that may not happen. What the hell is wrong with me?
    Nice hit bdp...congrats man!

10-22-2014, 11:54 AM #227
    12:00 , SIRI traded 3 Mil. shares so far, WTF ??

Addict
    10-22-2014, 12:37 PM #228
    Quote Originally Posted by njbones1 View Post
    12:00 , SIRI traded 3 Mil. shares so far, WTF ??
    Um... It's Siri?

Addict
    10-22-2014, 02:25 PM #229
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Sold my dryships position this morning at $2.19 ps with a total profit of $57k in 2 weeks! That is what happens when you step away from Sirius and out into the world!
    WHOOOO!!! Great move. I was SOOOO tempted to get into DRYS but I triggered a margin call for myself and didn't want to add to it with a non-marginable stock, so I played the Hell outta NFLX and made $9K.... so again, great job!

Today I am rebuying names that I sold yesterday. I can't see an event in Canada, as tragic as it is, having a lasting affect on our markets.

as usual GLTA

Addict
    10-23-2014, 07:29 AM #230
    I saw a Joel Osteen/SXM tv commercial while I was at the gym yesterday

Page 23 of 37 ... 13212223242533 ...