Page 7 of 37 ... 5678917 ...
    Enthusiast
    10-08-2014, 05:37 PM #61
    "Yo SF where you at?"

Around. Detaching I can't watch the pennies. It's fun for awhile but I'm just a long investor that buys every month or so as long as it's below the 50 other than some monthly toying around with a few grand in short term options here and there. I like the lower pricing... never understood the thought process behind always wanting the prices to go up (unless one is looking to exit or trade). For a long... price only matters when you buy and when you sell. Anything in between doesn't matter at all.

I think one of the most dangerous things for a long to do is watch the daily activity and panic sell / euphoric buy.

Mentor
    10-08-2014, 10:31 PM #62
    Been there...done that!!!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    "Yo SF where you at?"

Around. Detaching I can't watch the pennies. It's fun for awhile but I'm just a long investor that buys every month or so as long as it's below the 50 other than some monthly toying around with a few grand in short term options here and there. I like the lower pricing... never understood the thought process behind always wanting the prices to go up (unless one is looking to exit or trade). For a long... price only matters when you buy and when you sell. Anything in between doesn't matter at all.

I think one of the most dangerous things for a long to do is watch the daily activity and panic sell / euphoric buy.

Enthusiast
    10-09-2014, 12:24 AM #63
    I did too, once, and it cost me $50,000 on a euphoric buy. A painful lesson earlier in my relatively short investing history.

Had I been pining over pennies I may have made many more mistakes over the years. Friends say I am a grumpy old man at the ripe old age of 37. I can't turn on CNBC without thinking every single talking head on there is a complete moron. Typically I find commentary to be a good indicator that things are going the other way, anyways. By the time everyone is shitting their pants it's too late to leave the room :P Not that I advocate buying "shitty pants" but that's the time to buy... buy something other than shitty pants ....

Jesus I can't make this work :P

Guru
    10-09-2014, 09:41 AM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    I did too, once, and it cost me $50,000 on a euphoric buy. A painful lesson earlier in my relatively short investing history.

Had I been pining over pennies I may have made many more mistakes over the years. Friends say I am a grumpy old man at the ripe old age of 37. I can't turn on CNBC without thinking every single talking head on there is a complete moron. Typically I find commentary to be a good indicator that things are going the other way, anyways. By the time everyone is shitting their pants it's too late to leave the room :P Not that I advocate buying "shitty pants" but that's the time to buy... buy something other than shitty pants ....

Jesus I can't make this work :P
    hope they have plenty of wet wipes

Guru
    10-09-2014, 10:20 AM #65
    just for the record, yesterday i mentioned that the siri cc was oct 22nd. Just double checked, its the week of the 22nd. We should be getting a company press release any time now specifying what the actual date is.
    Last edited by dm_4; 10-09-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Addict
    10-09-2014, 11:45 AM #66
    these market swings are wild. seeing the DOW drop 40 points or so in less than a minute and simultaneously watch my entire portfoilio take a hit is really a little concerning. someone(s) out there have a lot of juice to make those kind of waves.

thank God the hedge funds have nothing to do with it.

edit: sold 80k shares @ 3.41 yesterday so I bought 3.34

Sell every rip and buy every dip until sh!t straightens out. ya just can't leave a gain on the table over night in this market
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 10-09-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Guru
    10-09-2014, 12:09 PM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    these market swings are wild. seeing the DOW drop 40 points or so in less than a minute and simultaneously watch my entire portfoilio take a hit is really a little concerning. someone(s) out there have a lot of juice to make those kind of waves.

thank God the hedge funds have nothing to do with it.

edit: sold 80k shares @ 3.41 yesterday so I bought 3.34

Sell every rip and buy every dip until sh!t straightens out. ya just can't leave a gain on the table over night in this market
    Congrats wolf.....looks like you will be able to rinse and repeat yesterdays performance....3.42 to 3.30.
    Last edited by dm_4; 10-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Addict
    10-09-2014, 12:12 PM #68
    ..........and bought 3.30 (had a GTC order in for a week)

soon to buy 3.25 as well........ SIRI better kick in hard @ 3.25, those M@ther F@ckers

edit: Down 3%+ on 18mil volume? that's a buy.
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 10-09-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Addict
    10-09-2014, 12:14 PM #69
    ya know who's been on the money with this market? F'n Jim Cramer.......

10-09-2014, 12:20 PM #70
    $2.75 coming to a screen near you. Good Luck!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 7 of 37 ... 5678917 ...