Page 14 of 37 ... 4121314151624 ...
    Addict
    10-10-2014, 03:53 PM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    Everyone has been calling for a test of the S&P 200 day at $1904.

Not a surprise that they've almost accomplished leading it there.

EDIT: Not everyday you see a triple digit move on the Nas........ getting close.
    I'll say it's pretty much hit the mark.

10-10-2014, 03:57 PM #132
    bdp... buy the dips on Apple. Anything below $99 and you should be fine. They are going to have an insane quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    If I had the stones, I would put my money on AAPL. Been the lone stock on my radar that has been holding mostly green through this calamity!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

10-10-2014, 04:08 PM #133
    Well I bet Greg Maffei lost more money than all of us combined today. So we have that going into the weekend...

Addict
    10-10-2014, 04:08 PM #134
    RC!!! I hope you got out and stayed out long ago!

10-10-2014, 04:23 PM #135
    bdp and wolf... hope you guys are cash ready. Nice job! Have a great weekend!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    10-10-2014, 04:25 PM #136
    Color me stupid but not only did I do my monthly buy today, but bought the rest with what cash I had held aside this year @ 3.16 / 3.17

Bought stock, though... no options. *If* it was to go down lower I'll be off playing video games so as not to beat myself up over maybe possibly might happen missed opportunity Won't have cash to play with till November again anyways.

No options... hmm... I think my balls are getting smaller with age or something... that's unfortunate at 37 years old... =/

And speaking of my ballsack. Midas, you've been calling for lower levels since I began writing a few years ago! You'll get it one day! (Don't take this personal, I know you can handle poking as well as being poked... :P )

My line of work is very very busy. This year has been the BEST year for business since back around Y2K with everyone being scared that the grid would go down and buying generators in panic back then... A home generator is a LUXURY item and not a common one at that. I can't keep the damn things in stock. If we sell 20? or so for the fall season it's good. I sold 20 in September and we have 30 being delivered Wednesday. Half of those are sold already. I'm panicked only because the damn ground might freeze before we can get all these done, not because I'm chasing business that isn't there.

Plumbers, electricians, builders... all strung out, too busy, can't get them to run 50' of 1" gas line for less than $2,000 or pour a concrete pad for under $1500... because there is too much work and they can be picky and also charge more. High end builders are even more busy. One of the ones we work with are running a two year wait list for plans... plans...

I still hear people talk about "in this economy... blah blah blah" though. Bah. Same people "prepping" for an Ebola outbreak....

Things are good out there. Turn off the television. Walk around. It's fall Best time of year!

(Anyone panicking I still suggest selling SIRI... go, shoo! :P )

Enthusiast
    10-10-2014, 04:32 PM #137
    https://twitter.com/marketmodel

Do yourselves a favor and follow that guy on twitter. Smart guy. I haven't seen him get a damn thing wrong in over a year. Calls his stuff ahead of time. He has a paid service (which I do not subscribe to) but I hear does quite well. Think it's like 2,500 or something, though... but quality costs.

10-10-2014, 05:06 PM #138
    Faulkner... you must have me confused with someone else. We haven't spoken in over 2 years. What ever happened to those option trades you made. I remember you were down significantly on them. That was around the time that you left the chat room when you realized your trade was going south, remember? Please keep your "ballsack" comments to yourself and out of the forum. No one wants to listen to that kind of gibberish.

How's the family business? Are you still selling those generators? They say it's supposed to be a very cold winter this year.

The more I think about, I guess you don't like my prediction of $2.75 either? SIRI was over $3.30 when I made mention of where I believe it's heading. 5% savings isn't bad if you had listened to me.
    Last edited by midas360; 10-10-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Enthusiast
    10-10-2014, 05:13 PM #139
    Don't think you read the entire post !

Options this year are flat. Last year returned approximately 70%.

Good luck!

10-10-2014, 05:14 PM #140
    Yes I saw them and they aren't flat according to our notes. I guess you knew I was going to mention them. Good Luck anyway.

Page 14 of 37 ... 4121314151624 ...