Page 2 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    09-01-2014, 03:21 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
    Oh yes, I am comfortable with installations. I am a retired Electronics engineer, HAM, auto mechanic, (owned and serviced over 100 automobiles in my life).

But if the stuff doesnt exist, I cant install it.
    Plug and play radios exist. If you are comfortable running wire, you should have no problem finding a creative place to hide the unit and run the wires accordingly.

I dont have an iPhone. I use Android because I despise the corporate driven computer systems like Apple and Microsoft. I am a Linux man. Is there an app for android?
    Yes there is.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    09-01-2014, 03:26 PM #12
    I went to the apps store and found apps to get XM music from the internet and put it into my car radio. That is not an option. Internet is not reliable driving cross country.
    You can download shows and listen to them offline with the app. Pick your favorite shows, download them at home, and then plug the unit (or bluetooth) in an listen for hours and hours -- no internet required.

I guess if you dont buy a car that is already outfited with XM then just forget it unless you want to garbage up the car dash.if this was a 20 year old pickup it wouldnt be a problem, but this is a Towncar that looks new. Not going to garbage it up.
    Not true. You could easily run a factory SiriusXM setup if your aftermarket receiver was SiriusXM ready. I'm surprised its not since even the most simple aftermarket receivers are.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 2 12