07-19-2014, 12:14 PM #1

Thumbs down Wanted: Classical Music 75 to return

Without warning or logic (except some corporate-speak mumbling after an email of complaint) Sirius removed channel 75, one of the two classical music channels (well, there's a third channel devoted to opera, which I don't enjoy listening to, so I don't count that). Gone. 50% of the outlets for the kind of music I enjoy.

If these folks know so little about this type of music, it makes you wonder what kind of research they use to formulate their other programming.

Yikes!

07-22-2014, 12:45 PM #2
    I agree. It is nice that it is online, but sometimes I do not have time to listen to a symphony in a car. The few minutes for a pop piece is perfect for my drive and I do not mind my 2 year old son listening to this music.

07-22-2014, 01:22 PM #3
    Well, in three days I've had only one response, cooper243. Maybe Sirius is on target with their assessment: there may be no significant audience for those of us who like our composers 200-400 years dead. Yikes!

07-23-2014, 05:26 PM #4
    Totally agree. I searched out and registered for this site solely because I was troubled by this change. Even worse, the change has substituted Classical on 75 for nothing on 75. In no way can this be an improvement to my driving experience. It's not all that hard now to opt for a streaming music player in the car, and it probably costs about the same. When my subscription is up, unless something has changed with Sirius, I will consider making this change.

07-23-2014, 05:41 PM #5
    Looks like Pandora may meet our needs. Of course, there are always CD's and thumb drives loaded with MP3's.

07-26-2014, 08:02 PM #6
    I didn't even know there was a Sirius forum, but I just returned from a 200-mile round trip without any Channel 75 to listen to in my 2009 GMC Acadia and wondered what was up. A Google search led me here, and I felt it was important to add my name to those who also miss that channel and wish it would be returned to action. I was able to listen to Brahms' Symphony #4 on the Symphony Channel once, but that and Willie's Place (classic country/western) was about all I found useful except for news and traffic a time or two. Life just isn't right without Channel 75. Anyone with any sense ought to know that, right?

07-28-2014, 03:56 PM #7
    As a Sirius subscriber for at least 10 years,, I'm appalled by this change. There are already tons of rock, country, pop and talk channels. Are there really only a handful of folks left who appreciate classical music? If I was not a "lifetime" subscriber, I'd cancel my subscription now. As it is, I'm looking for a new car and had thought I'd add built-in Sirius/XM capability this time around, paying extra for the second subscription and relegating the portable unit to home use only. But that's now out the window with this 50% reduction in the (non-vocal) classical music available. Sirius, as far as I'm concerned you're shooting yourself in the foot.

08-04-2014, 02:37 PM #8
    I registered for this site specifically to complain about this. I was disappointed to return from an extended trip to find the Pops channel had been cancelled. There's now only one option for classical which is disappointing. I liked the Pops format for my shorter commutes. SiriusXM just reduced the channels I listen to regularly by 25%.

08-09-2014, 12:58 PM #9
    8 year subscribers -- 2 cars + internet. No more XM Pops? No more subscriptions. Too many alternatives out there.