07-02-2018, 12:29 AM #1

XM Reception getting worse

Hi all,
    New to the forum, have called XM a dozen times and they don’t seem to be any help. Hoping somebody here can help with what’s going on.....

Have a 2004 GMC, radio has been great up to about the last 2-3 years. A few years ago I started to get no reception on one channel mostly in specific areas. You can predict it to start within 10 feet in a specific area when driving along and comes back on when you get to another specific spot. In the past year the number of geographic places it happens has increased 20 fold. Very frustrating. Not happening on any other stations but ‘Radio Classics’.

You either see no signal, loading XM, or the channel banner but in all cases the radio signal is not there in these specific geographic areas.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Thx
    Bobp

Legend
    07-02-2018, 01:39 AM #2
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Bobo57! I knew your father, Bobo56. Here in southern California, I've noticed many areas, especially near large power poles, where the SiriusXM signal will disappear for a few seconds as I'm driving. I've also noticed that the sound quality is poorer on days that are overcast and/or rainy. These two problems affect all the channels, though. Someone with knowledge of bandwidth, compression, adaptive multiplexing, audio signatures and other technical issues might be able to explain why you have problems with only one channel.

I love listening to the Radio Classics channel, especially the Bob Hope and Jack Benny programs. You could call Greg Bell, the channel's programmer, and leave a message explaining the problem: 833-R-CLASSIC (833-725-2774). He might have an answer.

07-02-2018, 07:39 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Bobo57! I knew your father, Bobo56. Here in southern California, I've noticed many areas, especially near large power poles, where the SiriusXM signal will disappear for a few seconds as I'm driving. I've also noticed that the sound quality is poorer on days that are overcast and/or rainy. These two problems affect all the channels, though. Someone with knowledge of bandwidth, compression, adaptive multiplexing, audio signatures and other technical issues might be able to explain why you have problems with only one channel.

I did call him, he was not helpful at all. Just said call XM. They don’t have any idea what the issue is.

I love listening to the Radio Classics channel, especially the Bob Hope and Jack Benny programs. You could call Greg Bell, the channel's programmer, and leave a message explaining the problem: 833-R-CLASSIC (833-725-2774). He might have an answer.

07-08-2018, 12:31 PM #4
    Nobody else out there having this Issue?

08-13-2018, 10:05 PM #5
    Bueller? Bueller?