05-16-2014, 09:13 AM #1

Exclamation Sirius Sportster 5 Troubles!

I'm not sure if anyone can help me or not with the problem i'm having but I figured it was worth a try.
    I have a Sirius Sportster 5 radio in my vehicle and i'm having problems using the remote that came with it. The strangest thing about it is that sometimes the remote works for a brief time and other times it doesn't work at all. I was wondering if anyone has any idea why this would be happening and if they have any suggestions on how to fix it. Also I did replace the battery in the remote just the other day.

Thanks for any help.

Head Honcho
    05-16-2014, 02:29 PM #2
    If you've been storing the remote in your car, extreme hot and cold does a number on electronics.

Its either dying or the battery contacts are dirty/loose.

Does it make a difference if you put the remote very close to the unit?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-20-2014, 07:42 AM #3
    Thanks for the reply, when the remote isn't working it doesn't matter where you hold it, the receiver won't respond to it at all. But like I said every now and then the receiver will pick up the remote. I have also tried it with a remote from my Starmate 7 that I know works for sure and it works sporadically with that one too.

Head Honcho
    05-20-2014, 08:39 PM #4
    Does the sportster 5 have an infrared eye to pick up the remote? Is there shmutz on it? If not, it sounds like its just a loose connection. Not the kind of thing you could fix unless you're comfortable with taking it apart and soldering a circuit board.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder