05-05-2014, 02:17 PM #1

Help with "No Audio" Troubleshooting

Hello all,

I have a sirius subcription in my '69 Mustang and have had it working for more than a year now.

About 2 weeks ago, I turned this tuner on and the screen displayed a message saying "New update(s) available. Press any button to continue". I did this and only get audio on channel 1. The rest of the channels display correctly, but there is no audio when changing to them.

Subscription is up to date and multiple signal resets have been done. I talked to customer service and their tech support to no avail. I still only have audio on channel 1. The chucklehead from tech support said I need to take it to a technician.

There is an antenna signal present etc... I have cycled power on the head unit, disconnected and re-connected the antenna with no change.

I do not understand why I would need to take it to a tech if I am receiving channel 1 perfectly fine and my subscription is current. It seems to me that it is a Sirius issue to my radio. My other car has Sirius also and there is no issue what-so-ever.

Any input or sggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Head Honcho
    05-05-2014, 05:22 PM #2
    You can actually hear hits 1? The top 40 channel and nothing else?

If so, that is a first for me.

What receiver are you using?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-06-2014, 07:38 AM #3
    Yes.... all I hear is channel 1 .... the other channels display correctly but no audio. I am using a Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS. It is just over a year old.

Head Honcho
    05-06-2014, 03:07 PM #4
    You mentioned the head unit said "New update(s) available. Press any button to continue"... was that a software update to the head unit or update to SiriusXM's channel lineup? I'm not familiar with that message.

It sounds like the update failed somewhere halfway through the process. I would suggest resetting the head unit but, I googled the manual and I dont see any reference to a reset button. Is there any option on the front of the head unit to reset all the settings? maybe something in the menu?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-07-2014, 07:28 AM #5
    It is what I believe a Sirius update. The car is at my mechanic until Friday getting some work done. I can take a screen shot of it and post it on here when I get the car back.

05-07-2014, 08:05 AM #6
    This is the Sirius tuner module I have. Not sure if this could be the culprit or not. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV2...0V1-Tuner.html

Head Honcho
    05-07-2014, 12:46 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Mustang View Post
    It is what I believe a Sirius update.
    That would make sense. Radios often download channel updates -- sounds like yours might have failed during the channel update. Having that bit of info might help SiriusXM's support.

I'm suprised the signal reset didint work.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder