09-30-2010, 06:47 PM #1

Stiletto 2 Recovery install error

Need help. Sirius Customer service has no idea what i'm talking about here.

My Stiletto 2 gave the 'error connect to pc' a couple days ago after 3 months of perfect use. I have the cdrom, and a brand new laptop with windows 7.

When the recovery program install wizard almost finishes, i get a popup Install Wizard error that only says

"DPInst [-214683568]"

It does it whether i install off the cdrom or off the sirius.com website, and the error is that exact same one. I've deleted everything Sirius off the laptop at least twice and reinstalled everything... except the recovery install, which i've tried about 20 times.

I can get to and run the recovery install, but the install wizard stops and spits an error before it finishes downloading onto the computer.

anybody knows what's happening here?

10-01-2010, 10:40 AM #2
    Ok, if any of you get this error, my wife finally figured out a solution (which was the last idea we had btw.)

After Sirius Customer Service told me 3 times that Windows 7 works... it doesn't. It didn't on mine anyways.

I had to hook up my old PC with Windows XP that the kids bang around on. Voila. It was super SLOW, but it ran, and after a half hour, I got my reset Stiletto back up and running.

10-01-2010, 03:38 PM #3
    UPDATE: lunchtime, i listened to Howard for approx 3 minutes before it started skipping and then turned off and rebooted itself.... once up, it played for a couple minutes and did it again, then it powered off and STAYED OFF, it wouldn't turn back on..... i'm not even 10 mins from home. I pulled the battery and put it back in, and it booted up. I did a total shutdown.

I logged into Sirius.com at home, and it turns out i don't have the newest version or the newest update. So i immediately started downloading.

On the way back to work, it was fine till i almost got to work, then rebooted and gave the "Error, please wait" and stayed like that. Again, it wouldn't turn off so i popped the battery and put it back in to get power. I then ran the 'Reset and erase' function.

The music on my 8GB micro SD card does play fine, and doesn't turn off the unit at all. Seems only the satellite stuff is messed up.

I'll try installing the update and stuff after work. After that, I think it's return time.

10-01-2010, 05:26 PM #4
    THIS UNIT IS ****ED.

Went home at coffee and ran the update on the new version of My Studio... says there's no updates to run... tried over and over and there was nothing to run.

Ran fine till i almost got back to work.... then skipped and stopped with the white dog and wouldn't turn off or do anything.

I have everything new, i've done the resets, the erases, the recovery. There's nothing left.

Enthusiast
    10-05-2010, 03:41 PM #5
    You can send it to us if you'd like. I can try and take a look at it and see if I can't get it to work. Are you familiar with TSS Radio?

03-12-2011, 10:50 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jeab72 View Post
    THIS UNIT IS ****ED.

Went home at coffee and ran the update on the new version of My Studio... says there's no updates to run... tried over and over and there was nothing to run.

Ran fine till i almost got back to work.... then skipped and stopped with the white dog and wouldn't turn off or do anything.

I have everything new, i've done the resets, the erases, the recovery. There's nothing left.

You may already have your problem fixed, but I wanted to let you (and anyone else reading this post) that Sirius has a free "Update and Return" service that I just found out about yesterday. All it costs is the postage to get to them. Here's the link: http://sirius.fthgroupinc.com/sl2.php Only good until July 31, 2011

04-08-2014, 06:04 PM #7
    Yes. It's very frustrating trying to talk with customer service about THEIR OWN products. They have no clue. I finally got to a supervisor who told me that the download can only be completed using Vista or Windows XP. I took my stiletto to a tech to fix it. It only stayed 'fixed' for about a week and then the error message came back. I'm throwing it away. Very frustrating.