Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    Addict
    03-19-2014, 11:11 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    Meh.... Old news

http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease...5#.UymyEIWa-64

""According to the SEC’s complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the insider trading scheme began in early February 2009 at a bar in New York City when Metro met the middleman and other friends for drinks. When Metro and the middleman separated from the rest of their friends and began discussing stocks, the middleman expressed concern about his holdings in Sirius XM Radio and his fear that the company may go bankrupt. Metro divulged that Liberty Media Corp. planned to invest more than $500 million in Sirius, and said he obtained this information by viewing documents at the law firm where he worked. As a result, the middleman later called Eydelman and told him to buy additional shares of Sirius. Eydelman expressed similar concern about Sirius’ struggling stock, but the middleman assured him that his reliable source was a friend who worked at a law firm. Following the public announcement of the deal, whose news coverage noted that Simpson Thacher acted as legal counsel to Sirius, Eydelman acknowledged to the middleman, “Nice trade.” The middleman told Metro following the announcement that he had set aside approximately $7,000 for Metro as a “thank you” for the information. Instead of taking the money, Metro told the middleman to leave it in his brokerage account and invest it on Metro’s behalf based on confidential information that he planned to pass him in the future.
    What?

Addict
    03-19-2014, 11:16 AM #32
    Just a couple of guys who made big money when they heard Liberty was bailing out SIRI back in the bankruptcy days..... new news, old crime

Simpson Thacher Clerk Charged in $5.6 Million Insider Scheme
    By David Voreacos March 19, 2014

"A law firm clerk at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP was charged with a broker in an insider-trading scheme that netted more than $5.6 million in illicit profit, according to a Federal Bureau of Investigation complaint.

Steven Metro, a clerk at Simpson Thacher, took confidential information on mergers, acquisitions and tender offers and tipped a confidential witness, who passed it to Vladimir Eydelman, who traded in call and put options, according to the FBI complaint filed in federal court in Newark, New Jersey."

03-19-2014, 12:17 PM #33
    Just turned them out.

Addict
    03-19-2014, 05:35 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Anyone still interested in a petition? This time also calling for a class action suit against Liberty, Mallone and his cronies to the tune of a dollar + per outstanding share, which is about where we would minimally most likely have been by now ($4.50 range) if the sp had not been annihilated by Liberty's criminal shenanigans and disregard of their fiduciary duty to us, the shareholders. I fear the sp has suffered deep damage at this point as was planned by Malone in order to acquire the entire company for a song. It is obvious to me that this was the plan all along and no matter what the news is now that he has dropped his persuit, investors remain either overly cautious or avoiding Sirius like the plague. As investors, we all know the true value of this company. The only reason it has become a crap shoot is because of the ease of which we can be abused without anyone rising to our rescue. At this point, A multi billion class action suit filed against Malone and Liberty will be the only way to get the attention and fair share price we all have suffered for and deserve. Liberty should not be allowed to get away with this any longer! It is a sleaze ball company run by a group of scum bags! Please post comments. This should be done before Liberty swoops in and grabs the rest of the company for next to nothing.
    Ya damn straight BDP, that's why I left the link, I've been real busy lately, but I'm locked cocked and ready to rock!!!! 2 Days Meyers, pick your poison!!! You and Malone!!! I say we get this ball rolling!!! It's time for a pre-emptive strike!!! Thro a crowbar in their spokes!!! If not, it's gonna be the same ole song and dance...Evidently!!!
    I've got a plan Meyers, Maffia, and Malone, your not gonna like it just as much as your investors like being left in the dark!!! It's only money!!! Ain't that right Malone? The root of all Evil!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 03-19-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Addict
    03-19-2014, 06:24 PM #35
    Buzz how do you start a new forum, I was gonna start a new Green Stocks forum but didn't see a way to do it?

Mentor
    03-19-2014, 08:01 PM #36
    Attn all you chart Guru's...with all of the new buy convictions on SXM...how's the chart looking? Is the dog about to rock?

JS

Addict
    03-19-2014, 09:11 PM #37
    JS, my chart says we are close, Share price near the lower BB, RSI and Slo-Sto oversold, MACD is trying to cross the threshold with upward momentum, who knows with the management we've got
    Last edited by Redcloud; 03-19-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Addict
    03-20-2014, 10:04 AM #38
    Flashed 3.34 in pre and at the open.

Meanwhile, I guess a new daily counter might be in order for how long since the announcement by Liberty to not buy us to when Jim Meyer actually makes a statement about it.

I appreciate the guidance/buyback reinstatement pr but I'd like to hear something from the man himself directly addressing Liberty. We don't need a wallflower running our company. As much as I don't care for her, Meg Whitman has done a great job of resurrecting HPQ. Hey Meg, how bout a pep talk?

At least the market seems to have come back to it's senses about the Fed's comments...... or non-comment
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 03-20-2014 at 10:11 AM.

03-20-2014, 11:19 AM #39
    I guess the meetings with Barrington on Mon.& Tues. were secret meetings for only insiders to know about.

Enthusiast
    03-20-2014, 12:19 PM #40
    Rip Van Meyer is sound asleep till after a merger
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    Flashed 3.34 in pre and at the open.

Meanwhile, I guess a new daily counter might be in order for how long since the announcement by Liberty to not buy us to when Jim Meyer actually makes a statement about it.

I appreciate the guidance/buyback reinstatement pr but I'd like to hear something from the man himself directly addressing Liberty. We don't need a wallflower running our company. As much as I don't care for her, Meg Whitman has done a great job of resurrecting HPQ. Hey Meg, how bout a pep talk?

At least the market seems to have come back to it's senses about the Fed's comments...... or non-comment

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456