Page 4 of 21 ... 2345614 ...
    Head Honcho
    03-11-2014, 12:45 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    I can't understand why SXM hasn't come out with a streaming product more closely resembling either Spotify or P...... SXM 2.0 MySXM with it's "slider" function to curate music stations was a big disappointment.
    Old media guys aren't so good at playing a new media game. This was my argument years ago when people touted how great people like Mel were at radio. Mel was good at OLD radio. This is a new beast and SiriusXM is wholly unprepared for it. The guys designing the rdio and spotify apps are top notch interface designers in my field and SiriusXM is not calling them, they are calling the same shit app designing company that has produced unstable release after unstable release. Its mind boggling.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    03-11-2014, 12:56 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The guys designing the rdio and spotify apps are top notch interface designers in my field and SiriusXM is not calling them
    Fortunately, all they need is one of those "Aha!" moments and then make the right calls.

It's not out of reach.

Addict
    03-11-2014, 03:07 PM #33

I invest in companies. This is not a company I feel is worth my investment.

Everything changed. It's a shame.

I understand the market is down but it wouldn't matter if it wasn't.... we'd still be down.
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 03-11-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Mentor
    03-11-2014, 03:23 PM #34
    We've been down for 4+ months while the market has hit all time highs on several occasions. They have us by the balls. I agree man. They have crossed the line with the way this has been handled.

03-11-2014, 03:23 PM #35
    Any thought on Phot?? I got a few at .20 but wonder if it's time for a correction? Been trying to move some reg IRA to my Roth. Years ago when everyone said you will be in a smaller tax bracket when you retire sure had that wrong!

03-11-2014, 03:32 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by 62Olds View Post
    Any thought on Phot?? I got a few at .20 but wonder if it's time for a correction? Been trying to move some reg IRA to my Roth. Years ago when everyone said you will be in a smaller tax bracket when you retire sure had that wrong!
    With this country's spending spree and love affair with debt, taxes can't go anywhere but up in the long run. I'd rather swallow the pain pill now as opposed to later, where the degree of pain is currently unknown. I'm pushing as much money as possible out of the tax man's hands as fast as possible, whether it be through HSA, Roth, etc.

On an unrelated note, check out PLUG today! Huge crash and burn after the analyst report! Glad I never got around to pulling the trigger on that buy order.

Addict
    03-11-2014, 03:53 PM #37
    NEWS COMING SOON?!

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...hp?symbol=SIRI

"Sirius XM management to meet with Barrington"

Mentor
    03-11-2014, 04:16 PM #38
    Tks Wolf

Anyone know who Barrington is and why they are meeting with them when they have hired Evercore and a law firm as part of the "special committee". Both specialize in mergers from what I remember.

03-11-2014, 04:20 PM #39
    I was just thinking... Has Howard Stern said anything about Siri stock tanking . Doesn't he own millions of shares.. Where has he been on this B S ?

Addict
    03-11-2014, 04:37 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Tks Wolf

Anyone know who Barrington is and why they are meeting with them when they have hired Evercore and a law firm as part of the "special committee". Both specialize in mergers from what I remember.
    Take your pick. My new found mistrust says it's just to set up some self serving sales to pay taxes and has nothing to do with us or the Liberty Deal (or NO deal).

Guilty until proven otherwise..... we are WAY past the point of no return to be labeled as Innocent.

Corporate and Executive Services:

In addition to those services offered to individual investors, Barrington Research offers many services to specifically assist businesses and the executives that run them. These services include:

Corporate Share Repurchases
    Corporate Cash Management
    Sale of Restricted & Control Securities (Rule 144 Transactions and Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans)
    Equity Risk Management - Hedging Strategies
    Exercise of Employee Stock Options
    Pension & Profit Sharing Accounts
    Last edited by Wolf Child; 03-11-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Page 4 of 21 ... 2345614 ...