Page 14 of 21 ... 41213141516 ...
    Addict
    03-13-2014, 08:09 PM #131
    Ya'll know Liberty's shareholders are gonna get sick of this when someone isn't shaking that MoneyMaker!!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 03-13-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Head Honcho
    03-13-2014, 08:15 PM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip60 View Post
    Same name.. Probably only posted 5 times or so....... As to the Doc at Liberty's site. It clearly mentioned that they would resume selling the shares back to Sirius and messages here were asking that question. As for the price, it was agreed at the time to be $3.66, and I would think that sticks.....
    So your old account was deleted? Are you sure you had posted on the forums and not just on the blog? I ask because, forum accounts are not deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Ditto!!! Spencer ain't showed me skit!!! EVER!!! Another paid basher imo, you know the type, try to look bullish, but not really!!! YaY Liberty!!! Ain't no friend of mine!!!
    1. I don't think his article was YaY Liberty.

2. Are there actually such things as "paid bashers?" Has this ever been proven? If so, to what extent? I often hear people quick to make this accusation but I have been running an extremely influential siriusxm blog for 8 years and no one has ever contacted me to run any kind of paid piece or asked me to say anything.

People would also often make the accusation that people were paid to leave bad reviews about the SiriusXM app in the app store when, in reality, the bad rating was a result of the app being shitty and unstable.

If people are paid to bash SIRI and its offerings... wouldnt it stand to reason that people are being paid to bash their competitors? If so, shouldn't it all be a wash in the end? Or is there a larger conspiracy at work here that SiriusXM is incapable of fighting on their own?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    03-13-2014, 08:19 PM #133
    This is what running a SiriusXM website has taught me.

Anyone who says anything positive is labeled a pumper by bashers.
    Anyone who says anything negative is labeled a basher by the pumpers.
    Anyone who says anything at all, is only saying it for "the clicks."
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    03-13-2014, 08:31 PM #134
    "But it was unclear whether Liberty Media was going to abandon that plan all together because Liberty Media Chief Executive Officer Greg Maffei added that Liberty will continue discuss the matter with Sirius XM's special committee of board members who had been studying the offer."

What is there to discuss? A reasonable offer with a premium or a lower offer that is more in line with the current sp? I would rather know that Sirius is completely cut loose with no further discussion.

Mentor
    03-13-2014, 08:38 PM #135
    In light of the tracking stock distribution, our offer for SiriusXM is no longer applicable. Depending on market conditions, we look forward to further discussions with the SiriusXM Special Committee. We remain enthusiastic owners of 53% of SiriusXM."
    http://ir.libertymedia.com/releasede...leaseID=832655

Addict
    03-13-2014, 08:41 PM #136
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    So your old account was deleted? Are you sure you had posted on the forums and not just on the blog? I ask because, forum accounts are not deleted.

1. I don't think his article was YaY Liberty.

2. Are there actually such things as "paid bashers?" Has this ever been proven? If so, to what extent? I often hear people quick to make this accusation but I have been running an extremely influential siriusxm blog for 8 years and no one has ever contacted me to run any kind of paid piece or asked me to say anything.

People would also often make the accusation that people were paid to leave bad reviews about the SiriusXM app in the app store when, in reality, the bad rating was a result of the app being shitty and unstable.

If people are paid to bash SIRI and its offerings... wouldnt it stand to reason that people are being paid to bash their competitors? If so, shouldn't it all be a wash in the end? Or is there a larger conspiracy at work here that SiriusXM is incapable of fighting on their own?

Nice analogy, most on here already know that, but it is true everyone has an agenda. It's up to us to figure out which one's the right one's are!!!
    1) I didn't say his article said YAY!!!
    2) Yes there is a such thing as a paid basher

Wasn't trying to start nothing, we've got more important stuff to talk about right now tho!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 03-13-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-13-2014, 08:45 PM #137
    When a shit offer tied to another stock is yanked the SP should snap back to what it was before the "offer" was offered. I believe that was 3.50ish before the announcement. Ofcourse the SP was dragged down for months before that. Tomorrow should be fun!

Addict
    03-13-2014, 08:47 PM #138
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    "But it was unclear whether Liberty Media was going to abandon that plan all together because Liberty Media Chief Executive Officer Greg Maffei added that Liberty will continue discuss the matter with Sirius XM's special committee of board members who had been studying the offer."

What is there to discuss? A reasonable offer with a premium or a lower offer that is more in line with the current sp? I would rather know that Sirius is completely cut loose with no further discussion.
    That's what I'm talking about, why do they get to talk to the committee, we don't!!! How long we gonna pay this special committee and how much does it cost. I didn't vote to have a special committee sell my company in the first place!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 03-13-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Addict
    03-13-2014, 08:56 PM #139
    It is clear now that we playing against a man with a stacked deck and he will possibly win every hand. Not because he is a skilled player, but rather a very good cheater!

Addict
    03-13-2014, 09:03 PM #140
    "A Sirius XM spokesman declined to comment while a Liberty spokeswoman could not be reached.

Liberty also said in a press release it plans to sell some Sirius XM shares but said "we remain enthusiastic owners" of the company.

Maxim Group analyst John Tinker said that Liberty will likely keep boosting its stake in Sirius XM and could benefit from future share buybacks. He said Liberty's moves made sense because it no longer needs Sirius XM's balance sheet to help fund a large acquisition. Liberty has been helping Charter pursue Time Warner Cable for about nine months.

"Liberty doesn't need to buy all of Sirius XM right now. When they were buying Time Warner Cable, they needed it and now they don't and it's not worth the cost," Tinker said.
    "

Page 14 of 21 ... 41213141516 ...