Page 2 of 4 1234
    07-28-2015, 03:02 PM #11
    This is exactly what happen to me....my lifetime subscription sportster boombox...just stoped a few weeks back and the acquiring signal message appears.....don't know what to do next which is why I began searching and found the forum...

08-20-2015, 02:02 PM #12

Antenna issue

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The problem is, satellites move. Its likely that at that time of day the satellites aren't directly lined up with your antenna.

Check this out; http://www.tiger-usa.com/satellite_animation.htm

This page will show you the best possible direction to point your antenna; http://shop.siriusxm.com/edealinv/se...ParentID=58940

Hope this helps!

09-27-2015, 12:07 PM #13
    I have been a Sirius customer for about five years and have the same problem as all of the postings in this thread. I use Sirius to listen to classical music and especially the Metropolitan Opera station. Over the past year the constant interruptions with lost sound and the message"acquiring signal" (even on a cloudless day) have become so pronounced and frequent that I find myself turning off the radio in frustration and anger. I have had the signal reset and purchased a new antenna but neither has helped. My Antenna is set north, northwest, from South Carolina which is what they say is best. Is there any new information on this problem?

12-22-2015, 08:12 PM #14
    I have been having the same problem now for last month or so, I have a mobile device mounted in the home kit that came with purchase, Wife did not like it in her vehicle so I took home kit and put it in my garage. Mounted it on shelf, had the flip up antennae mounted in the northwest window. Worked fine all summer, use to have a 7 for signal, now i can only get 4 bars when aligning signal, switched out to magnetic omni directional antennae for vehicle mounted outside, no difference, changed antennaes so much the antennae port came out of docking station. purchased another docking station, no difference, refreshed radio through website, no difference. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Could it be the time of year that satellites move differently? I will not be renewing my subscription if it can not be fixed. BTW, I can park my truck, 5 feet away from where antennae is mounted outside, and i have no problems with signal in my truck.
    Truck radio is a whole different radio and subscription.

Head Honcho
    12-27-2015, 10:38 PM #15
    @Jay

Its a longshot but, it could be electrical interference. Have you added any new electronics or extension cords near the antenna or its wire?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-21-2016, 07:55 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    @Jay

Its a longshot but, it could be electrical interference. Have you added any new electronics or extension cords near the antenna or its wire?
    Charles,

Thank you for responding, no the radio an antennae are located in back corner of garage, except the outlet it is plugged into there is no external electric near by.
    As an update, I called Sirius Tech Support and they sent me a replacement Stratus 7 radio kit. I installed all of these new items, and I get same problem, although less frequently. I did get new antennae lined up better and have 7 bars out of 10 for signal. I keep an eye on the signal meter on the radio.
    Today was a good example, working in garage most of the day, radio played fine, around 5pm, signal started dropping from 7 to zero, then back to 4 to zero, back to 7 ect..ect.. Obviously sound drops in and out and gets very annoying. I hope we can find a solution as i like having this radio in garage, but definitely will not renew subscription when it comes up if we cannot find a solution.

I wish there was a better home mount antennae that would guarantee a better reception then the clam shell. I tried the omni antennae, and the signal is worse, only 4 bars. I am in No Carolina and have it pointed NW ( where i got the 7 bars) but I do not understand why I can go from 7 to zero ???

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks

Jay

03-22-2016, 12:13 PM #17
    Move the antenna outside of the garage......then again it could be that someone's using a microwave oven or another electronic device in your area at that time that's causing interferrence.[some devices can cause trouble with reception]

03-22-2016, 05:46 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hwkn View Post
    Move the antenna outside of the garage......then again it could be that someone's using a microwave oven or another electronic device in your area at that time that's causing interferrence.[some devices can cause trouble with reception]
    The antennae is outside the garage, on a mount keeping it about 12 inches away from side of building
    I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, at about 3000 ft altitude, i have 2 acres of property surrounding me, and closest neighbor is well over 2000 ft away ( direct line even though you could not walk it direct )
    So I do not believe it caused by your suggestion, but thanks for trying.

Still open for other ideas, as so far today I have had solid 7 bars of signal and no drops, but this seems to change daily

Jay

03-23-2016, 03:43 PM #19
    Another thing that can mess with a signal is leaves and branches blowing in the wind(especially wet leaves.....I have that problem on a regular basis)Where I am in the Chicago area it's tough to stop that thing from blocking reception off and on.

Head Honcho
    03-24-2016, 05:27 AM #20
    If the signal is dropping from 7 to 0, something is interfering. If it isn't electrical (like a running microwave), then it is physical (like a tree).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 4 1234