Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    Head Honcho
    02-24-2014, 02:03 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Regrets on not posting in a bit... but appears I'm alone in this thread anyway.
    You are not alone -- I just dont have anything to add. None of your stocks line up with my portfolio other than the green stocks. I have been in and out of MJNA and PHOT a half dozen times now and will continue to do so playing with the houses money.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-24-2014, 04:26 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You are not alone -- I just dont have anything to add. None of your stocks line up with my portfolio other than the green stocks. I have been in and out of MJNA and PHOT a half dozen times now and will continue to do so playing with the houses money.
    Thanks Charles,

In the meantime, you do have something to add. Even though our trading styles are very different, I do appreciate anything you would say on fundamentals, as obviously, I don't look at them much, in reality, not at all for the most part. So, anything on the green stocks, I'd listen to. However, I do know you folks talk about those on the SIRI thread also, so I do pop in there from time to time.

Chartwise (I'm only following about 20), a lot of these are breaking down in typical pennystock/OTC patterns. Other's I should keep an eye on, because there are some that are getting second wind breakouts. Then there are some that may have some legitimacy - ie. what's with PHOT? It's price is holding in an ascending triangle as opposed to the ski jumps forming for the others, yet they did vote to increase their share count by 3 fold correct? Usually, just on that news, I expect a breakdown. I guess I could join in over at SIRI more for the green stuff - though, I mainly only have TA to add (I guess we cancel each other out). That said, I bought one kinda related below.

#Long AXAS 3.49 - looking for pattern completion and then new break - note I should have gone 2/3, kind of expect a down day manana, but wanted the coin in.

#Long GWPH 59.93 - somewhat green related - looking for rebound and retake of 60

Book small profit:
    #Sold 1/5 INO (in 2.96, out 3.97) 23.99% gain - looking to sell a decent chunk tomorrow, the break of the ascending triangle showed up likely on EOD scanners on friday. I likely should book more, but I'm looking for 3 days on this one for the most part.

Head Honcho
    02-24-2014, 06:59 PM #43
    Thanks Charles,

In the meantime, you do have something to add. Even though our trading styles are very different, I do appreciate anything you would say on fundamentals, as obviously, I don't look at them much, in reality, not at all for the most part. So, anything on the green stocks, I'd listen to.
    The green stock fundamentals make zero sense. I am trading on patterns and speculation. I like the idea of the people behind and investing in Growlife but, other than that, the valuation makes no sense.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-25-2014, 02:51 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The green stock fundamentals make zero sense. I am trading on patterns and speculation. I like the idea of the people behind and investing in Growlife but, other than that, the valuation makes no sense.
    I guess it's really "looking forward" to some laws changing, lol.

Mentor
    02-25-2014, 03:18 PM #45
    Ok here goes, did this all in one swoop:

Book profits:
    #Sold 1/2 INO (in 2.96, out 3.82012) +29.1% gain - ok for pattern anticipation
    #Sold 3/5 URG (in 1.49, out 1.72) +15.4% gain - not bad for 1 day, looks like I forgot to tweet the buy
    #Sold 1/2 NPD (in 2.16, out 2.632) +21.9% gain - not bad for so little time
    #Sold 1/3 QUIK (in 4.91, out 5.0912) +3.69% gain - sold cause not moving, lessening exposure
    #Sold 1/2 IDRA (in 5.45, out 5.972) +9.57% gain - again, not bad for the time frame
    #Sold bit ARWR (in 9.19, out 21.422) +133.10% gain - still scaling out, have no idea why it climbs so steady
    #Sold all MDW (in 1.23, out 1.232) +0.16% gain - didn't like price action or chart anymore replacing with GSS

Cut losses:
    #Sold all TUCND (in 2.09, out 1.692) -19.04% - biggest loss of the year, second double digit loss - note, I don't think "MM's" have this magical price control that some of you do, but it was interesting to watch these guys work on this one. On the way in, they just wouldn't take my bid, and raised the ask. So on the way out, I put in between the bid/ask for a minute, no trigger, then I let it sit above the ask, figuring they would match someone else trying to get in above the ask, since they were also likely not getting triggered. It took a minute or two, but it triggered.

New stuff:
    #Long 1/3 GSS @ 0.77792 - I'm replacing MDW, however, just bought part in case of a turn around in market or gold. I have a buy stop/limit in for the other 2/3 for now (last time I don't think I placed the order, then the stock ran, so made sure I did right away).

Mentor
    02-26-2014, 01:54 PM #46
    Not much happening today:

Book Profits:
    #Sold 1/2 FNMA (in 3.59, out 4.16) 15.87% gain - ok profit for a few days, let rest go another

Cut losses short:
    #Sold AKG (in 2.05, out 2.05) 0.00% gain or loss - decided to lessen exposure to gold, and also not let this run to red.

Gold is looking a little ambiguous today. I looked at the charts a little closer, I may just get out all together (ie. sell the remaining AUMN I have and that partial position in GSS. However, I hate it when gold then takes off all of a sudden when you do things like that. Gold is great when it's trucking, but we are too close to a potential bottom period to pull out of it. Just look at the fibs, and you will see.

Going to run scans once here, but I think I might call it quits for today.

In the meantime, recent pharma pics IDRA and INO are looking good.
    NPD is holding the top of it's long candle.
    QUIK is finally moving, looking for hopefully, a slow grower on this one like ARWR
    AXAS down like I expected after the buy, but working on pattern completion, so though, I'm slightly in red I will hold.

So speaking of red, I hate it, I have 13 stocks in this account, 2 are red, barely, but red. AXAS's (-2.58%) price action is totally expected, so I'm ok with it. GSS (-6.22%) on the other hand, not quite as much. Note, for GSS I only bought 1/3 of what I intend to have as a full position, so in reality, moneywise I'm about -2% in the hole, but still. I can see me ditching this one - today. I just find that if you let things go red in your account, the value of your account diminishes. Part of the point of trading is to make money, I hold this a little higher than being "right" on message boards.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 02-26-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add in the other sell

Mentor
    02-27-2014, 01:46 PM #47
    FNMA on fire today, therefore...

Booking profits:
    #Sold another 1/4 FNMA right now as it taps $5 (in 3.59, out 4.99) +38.99% gain.

Basically everything about even today, leaning on green, FNMA canceled out INO, but I have another big gainer as CTIC has gotten new life into it. Check it out.

Mentor
    02-27-2014, 02:14 PM #48
    #Long LTXC @ 9.89 - anticipating 10 break, but if anything, just getting to ten

Mentor
    02-27-2014, 02:30 PM #49
    #Long ACUR @2.08 - has some volume coming in, longer term, it's perking up

Mentor
    02-27-2014, 08:33 PM #50
    #Long LTXC @ 9.89 - anticipating 10 break, but if anything, just getting to ten
    Lol - it closed at 10
    Also laughing cause Im quoting myself again

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456