Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Mentor
    02-03-2014, 11:29 AM #1

2014 February

Ok, new month of me yipping at the ether... but here goes...
    Yes, market dumped towards the end of the month... so what did I do... just get out.
    Remember how I had a ton of stocks, well, this morning this is all I had (in this new st account)

ARWR 64.20 %
    CTIC 55.88 %
    CWTR -2.27 %
    GAME 26.82 %

So CWTR is up for sale.
    GAME is I guess getting bought out, I guess I should head to the SIRI board for that one, since they like to read all the headlines. I only looked at the headlines because the chart suggested a buyout or something. I will dump it after this post likely, so I don't have to read.

New trades:
    I'm kind of at a scratch today:

Short on DDD @ 75.83
    Long on ANV @ 5.19 <- still telling you there is gold in thar hills, I looked at my old position RIC and it's rocking.

It'll take me a few minutes to get my actual fill prices.

Looking for more shorts until the market perks up.

Mentor
    02-03-2014, 11:48 AM #2
    lol, PLPL, I was wishy-washy on that one, what, 4 days ago when it was under a $1, now, it hit $3, lol.
    Can't cry pver sspilled milk in this game... especially if you never went red.

In other news, PHOT in my other acct is rocking.

Mentor
    02-03-2014, 12:18 PM #3
    Bought HEMP 0.1244 - trying my best to try to call it all in realtime, instead of piping in on wins after the fact, and not discussing losses. Anyway, looks like it'll push from the chart, not sure how long I will be in...

Mentor
    02-03-2014, 12:28 PM #4
    HEMP is taking off - up over 16% so far, might cash out or half as a DT.

Mentor
    02-04-2014, 10:38 AM #5
    So was having trouble logging in here...

I didn't DT out of HEMP, neither part, half or full. Saw some weird trades AH, but the bid and asked remained. Not sure if today will run or will gap and trap, so I had to be up for the open.

Anyhoo - trying to get this out now... I"m up 75% from yesterday, so far it's going north.

Mentor
    02-04-2014, 10:45 AM #6
    Yeah, looks like HEMP is going up, my actual average ended up being 0.12, and now its 0.25, so up over 100%. I gotta take care of this other stuff though.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 02-04-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: forgot ticker

Mentor
    02-04-2014, 11:24 AM #7
    Take profits:
    Sold 1/5 HEMP (in 0.1244, out 0.2395) 92.52% gain*
    Sold remaining GAME (in 5.07, out 6.42) 26.63% gain

Protecting against losses:
    Covered DDD (out 75.83, in 75.22) 0.81% gain

Seems like I'm missing something, maybe I forgot to report at end of last week.

*going with 0.1244 as buy price, page I was looking at may use 2 sig figs.

Mentor
    02-06-2014, 09:53 AM #8
    Ok - so learn from mistakes... I like siribuzz cause it makes for a good blog - at least for me, anyway, mistakes:

DDD - my belief in not taking big losses got me out of this one a day too early. I covered before I had a loss actually, still had almost a 1% gain, and I covered too early in the day. Usually, I wait the full hour. Anyway, for some reason it finally dropped which would have been profitable, perhaps earnings report. I've been only using TA so, not sure. Bad bad habit, you should always look up earnings dates to make sure you don't hold through one if you are swing trading, especially if your gain is less than 30%. You can be the best fundamental investor ever, but I think without TA you can make the shittiest entries, likewise, the best TA guy can get wiped without some basic fundamentals, and the earnings date is likely the biggest in my book.
    Lol, must be earnings time, TWTR which I had shorted also, also took a huge dump here in premarket.

CWTR - not watching this one close enough and it was super thinly traded, should have been more adamant in getting my last bit out while I could without a bigger loss, could be my biggest loss of the year.

ANV - I'm down on this stock too, but, it's a gold stock and their TA is a little different, and I gotta get back into the game on that. I'm letting this one have some extra time even though it truly will be my biggest loss of the year if I cut out soon. I just think the pattern will pop. Though, any more red, and it'll go. Spot gold is up now too, and in a nice natural way, not some crappy spike.

##########

Ok, enough of that... the green stocks.

HEMP's chart says, I'm in indecision, but that likely will be downtown Julie Brown. It's past the 3 day pt, and the candle is suggesting it big time... but that's the thing about candles, tomorrow, we confirm. I'm looking to get out pretty quick or with most and get in again later... sometimes a little risky.

PHOT chart says hey, I'm in one of the most profitable formations, "the G", a favorite for hardcore small cap TA traders... the problem is, the candle, not sure if the G will complete. Anyway, I need to check again if I'm on free money or not for this guy, I may have to sell some and pump it again. I see one other green complete a G and the profits were pretty high. On the other hand, most of these greens have indecision candles, and lastly, some ski jump formations are breaking down. So basically, it's all tales of mirth and woe out there. On another front, it's kind of a small cap TA traders dream and a Fundy's nightmare. Though, both can actually burn their fingers.

##########

I need to get a new web account so I can share my charts, like back in the old days.

Lol, I guess I could repost all of my old charts...
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 02-06-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: more blah blah

Mentor
    02-06-2014, 10:28 AM #9
    Candles ain't so bad for the greens after all, internally they were down/up.

Mentor
    02-06-2014, 10:34 AM #10
    Long EDXC @ .2245

Page 1 of 6 123 ...