Enthusiast
    08-30-2008, 12:16 PM #1

"Best of..." programming.

Hey Brandon,

Good show this week. You seemed to indicate that you thought that "best of" programming would only be available on new radios. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought that "best of" will be available to all existing subs, and that the new radios are for "a la carte" programming (6.99 plans). They are just deciding how to make room. Stern and some others (hopefully at least some NFL) will be available to xm subs as premium content for $4.

They need to do this before a la carte radios come out in order to get as many people as possible to subscribe for $17 a month instead of $6.99.

If I'm wrong, I'm a little concerned about the short term.

Enthusiast
    08-30-2008, 12:34 PM #2
    According to the merger papers, submitted to the FCC, there will be a "Best of" Service available to existing radios. The service will consist of around ten stations of Sirius/XM choosing. The existing radios must have some ability to selectively allow/block some stations they can block stations, such as "Playboy"

Enthusiast
    08-30-2008, 01:01 PM #3
    Thanks James.

Head Honcho
    08-31-2008, 08:24 AM #4

Best Of

Best of will be available on legacy receivers.

http://siriusbuzz.com/stern-may-boos...-of-option.php

There is a lot of confusion about this, but there will be aboput 10 channels of XM available to Sirius subscribers, and about 10 channels of Sirius available to XM subscribers.

This programming will be available on all receivers. It is an all or nothing proposition, because legacy receivers are not A-La-Carte capable.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    08-31-2008, 07:40 PM #5
    Thanks, Tyler. I knew I had read that here.