05-15-2014, 01:17 PM #1

Question Question about GRACE Sirius radios

I am helping a family member get SIRIUS radio in their high rise condo. Due to the direction their unit faces, we are going with some SIRIUS internet radio options and devices. Specially, some GRACE radios.

We are possibly looking to install 2 units too. One for their bedroom and one for the main living room. I realize you need to get a SIRIUS intenet ID and subscribe for about $4/month. My question is we want to get just one ID for the two devices and hoping this can be done.

I am hoping that since they won’t be listening to each one at the same time at any given moment, they can then hopefully just share the one ID between the two GRACE radios. Is this doable?

Head Honcho
    05-15-2014, 02:08 PM #2
    You can use an internet subscription to log in from any number of devices as long as it isn't at the same time. I use 1 internet subscription for 3 different devices and it works just fine... as long as I don't try and use two at the same time. If you do use two at the same time it will prompt you that are logged in from multiple locations and log one of the devices out.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-15-2014, 02:57 PM #3
    Sounds good and was hoping it was this way. Something else I just thought of too. If living room radio#1 is playing something, but then we try to start something on the bedroom radio #2, will it simply stop radio #1? Or will radio #2 give some sort of error until radio #1 is turned off?

Also, the living room radio is most likely to be used the most. Can we just keep it playing (on whatever station) so the main stereo unit is all that needs to be turned off? Then when turned back on, music will simply be already playing (from the GRACE radio). Or will it stop playing music (to save bandwidth on their end) after a certain amount of time?

Head Honcho
    05-15-2014, 04:13 PM #4
    I can't speak on the Grace but, my devices will tell me that using radio #2 will log out radio #1. You dont have to go shut one off to use the other.

I dont think the Grace radio will timeout but, the iPhone/iPad apps do. Maybe someone else with a Grace will chime in on the specifics.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder