Page 5 of 14 ... 34567 ...
    Addict
    01-03-2014, 12:56 PM #41
    I agree with Slap, re. not to read any real hope from that gap this morning. In fact, as I glanced at the chart I am reminded how near we are to a dreadful Death Cross as the 50DMA is collapsing onto the 200, separated now by a mere 2 cents. From past memories the DC does not bode well in the short term for SIRI investors.............. but, on the positive front, the negative impact has been very short lived, and then the situation has reversed to a Golden Cross and a subsequent relatively long-lasting positive trend. I would hope that history is about to repeat, and soon we will start to look up.

EDIT: Had trouble adding the chart............ here it is, going back almost 3 years. The last Golden Cross occurred about 18 months ago.
    Since then, we've been on a nice ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 01-03-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Add the chart

01-03-2014, 01:15 PM #42
    I dumped my Sirius XM shares over $3.60. I will try again later when it goes down. I am done with SIRI until then. Probably a good time to follow Wolf and selling your marijuana trades here. Looks like people are taking their profits today.

Quick Tip: For those of you that work during the day but want to stay in touch with the latest forum posts, if you look above this post you will see a Menu option called "Thread Tools" You can subscribe to this thread and receive emails when someone posts. It's much easier than coming to look if someone has posted. It will email you when they do. Just a thought...
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    01-03-2014, 02:24 PM #43
    Hi SLY, SLAP and All..looks like same ole SIRI BS with the gap up and drag down. Though, we did touch 3.64 EDIT which is a double top break to the upside. Looks like they are going to milk the range for all its worth but the downtrend looks to be close to over if not over with the CITI presentation on Tuesday.

I show a spread of 9 cents on the DC SLY....still a ways away and can easily be averted with a continued pop.

SiriCS.jpg

SiriHiLo (2).jpg
    Last edited by denco1; 01-03-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Head Honcho
    01-03-2014, 03:01 PM #44
    If I knew exactly where Radejs lived, I'd send the National Guard.

Side note: For those of you who are premium members, I encourage you to use the comment sections of the premium articles as not only your own private forum with other members but also as a place to ask Spencer questions and challenge his ideas.

There are a good number of you premium members out there so, it always surprises me how little chatter there is in the comments.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-03-2014, 03:18 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I show a spread of 9 cents on the DC SLY....still a ways away and can easily be averted with a continued pop.
    SiriHiLo (2).jpg
    Yikes Denco, thanks for pointing out the error in my chart work as regards the spread between the 50 and the 200 DMA. Now you have me wondering why my chart has lied to me. There must be a variable I have set wrong. Oddly, this particular tool has never lied to me, but I can readily see on two other tools that your observation is accurate. Hmmmmm...... back to the books. Thanks.

Enthusiast
    01-03-2014, 06:05 PM #46
    Press Release: Liberty Media Corporation Announces Proposal to Make Sirius XM Holdings Inc. a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Liberty
    18 minutes ago - DJNF
    Liberty Media Corporation Announces Proposal to Make Sirius XM Holdings Inc. a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Liberty
    Sirius Shareholders to Receive Newly-Issued Liberty Series C Common Shares;
    Liberty to Dividend Series C Common Shares Pro Rata to Liberty Record Holders Immediately Prior to Acquisition
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--January 03, 2014--
    Liberty Media Corporation ("Liberty") (Nasdaq: LMCA, LMCB) announced today that it has made a proposal to Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: SIRI) ("Sirius") that outlines the terms by which Sirius public shareholders would become shareholders of Liberty in a tax-free transaction in which each share of Sirius common stock would be converted into 0.0760 of a new share of Liberty Series C common stock, and, immediately prior to such conversion, Liberty intends to distribute, on a 2:1 basis, shares of Liberty's Series C common stock to all holders of record of Liberty's Series A and B common stock to create a liquid trading market for Liberty's Series C common stock. (The foregoing exchange ratio would be equivalent to a 0.0253 exchange ratio prior to the distribution of the Liberty Series C common stock dividend.) Upon the completion of the proposed transaction, Liberty expects that Sirius' public shareholders would own approximately 39% of Liberty's then-outstanding common stock.
    "Our proposal will allow Sirius public shareholders to convert from a non-controlling stake in a subsidiary into a direct equity position in Liberty, the parent company," said Greg Maffei, Liberty's President & CEO. "Sirius shareholders will continue to participate in Sirius' future prospects along with Liberty's broader portfolio of businesses and opportunities. We believe the combined company will have better access to capital and all of Liberty's shareholders -- both its current shareholders and the Sirius shareholders who become Liberty shareholders as a result of the proposed transaction -- will enjoy enhanced liquidity as shareholders of a $27 billion market capitalization company."
    "The proposed transaction is an important step in the growth of both companies," said John Malone, Liberty's Chairman. "It will enable us to focus our energies on the pursuit of new opportunities across the expanded portfolio of Liberty's businesses and to optimize our capital structure to produce the maximum possible returns to all shareholders."
    The Series C common stock would be Liberty's largest and most liquid series of stock. The proposed exchange ratio of 0.0760 would value Sirius common shares at approximately $3.68 per share based on closing prices of Liberty's Series A shares on Friday, January 3, 2014. This exchange ratio represents a 4.5% premium to the exchange ratio implied by the closing prices of Liberty's Series A and Sirius' shares on Thursday, January 2, 2014 and a 3.1% premium to the exchange ratio implied by the closing share prices of Friday, January 3, 2014.
    As explained in the proposal letter sent to Sirius, which will be filed promptly with the SEC, the proposed transaction would be subject to the negotiation and execution of mutually acceptable definitive transaction documents, the terms of which would be approved by a special committee of independent directors of Sirius, and would also be subject to a majority of the minority vote of the Sirius public shareholders. The approval by the Liberty shareholders of the issuance of the Series C common shares in the proposed transaction would also be required under applicable Nasdaq Stock Market requirements. Other than applicable filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Liberty does not anticipate that any additional regulatory approvals would be required.
    Conference Call
    Liberty Media will host a live webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET (3:00 p.m. MT) to discuss this announcement. Please call Premiere Conferencing at (888) 417-2254 or (719) 457-2647 at least 10 minutes prior to the call. Callers will need to be on a touch-tone telephone to ask questions. The conference administrator will provide instructions on how to use the polling feature.
    Replays of the conference call can be accessed after all appropriate filings have been made with the SEC through 7:30 p.m. (ET) on Friday, January 10th by dialling (888) 203-1112 or (719) 457-0820 plus the passcode 2899775.
    In addition, the call will be broadcast live via the Internet. All interested participants should visit the Liberty Media Corporation website at http://www.libertymedia.com/events to register for the web cast. Links to the replay of the call will be available on the Liberty Media website after all appropriate filings have been made with the SEC. The conference call will be archived on the website for one year.
    Forward-Looking Statements
    This press release includes certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about the proposed acquisition of the shares of Sirius not currently owned by Liberty and its subsidiaries, the issuance and trading of the Series C common stock, anticipated benefits of the proposed transaction and other matters that are not historical facts. These forward-looking statements involve many risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements, including, without limitation, the ability of Liberty to negotiate mutually satisfactory definitive transaction documents with Sirius, the ability of Liberty and Sirius to complete any such proposed transaction, the ability of Liberty to complete the distribution of its Series C common shares, the ability of the combined company to realize the expected benefits, general market conditions, changes in law and government regulations and other matters affecting the business of Liberty. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this press release, and Liberty expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to disseminate any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statement contained herein to reflect any change in Liberty's expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based. Please refer to the publicly filed documents of Liberty, including the most recent Forms 10-Q and 10-K, for additional information about Liberty and about the risks and uncertainties related to its business which may affect the statements made in this press release.
    Additional Information
    Nothing in the foregoing communications shall constitute a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell Liberty's Series C common shares or Liberty's existing common stock. The offer and sale of Series C common shares in the proposed transaction will only be made pursuant to an effective registration statement. Liberty stockholders and other investors are urged to read the registration statement to be filed with the SEC, including the proxy statement/prospectus to be contained therein, because they will contain important information about the issuance of shares in the proposed transaction.

Enthusiast
    01-03-2014, 06:06 PM #47
    Wish it was broken down in stupider terms

01-03-2014, 06:09 PM #48
    more info....

Liberty Media proposes to assume full ownership of Sirius XM • 4:51 PM

Liberty Media (LMCA), which already owns a majority stake in Sirius XM (SIRI), is proposing to make Sirius a 100%-owned subsidiary through an all-stock deal. (PR)
    Liberty proposes to have each Sirius converted into a 0.076 new Liberty Series C shares, and then distribute, on a 2:1 basis, Series C shares to all holders of Liberty's Series A and B shares.
    The exchange ratio values Sirius at $3.68/share based on Liberty's Friday close; that's an $0.11, or 3%, premium to Sirius' closing price of $3.57.
    Sirius' public shareholders would own 39% of the new company, which (based on current prices) stands to have a market cap of $27B.
    Sirius shares are halted. CC at 5PM ET.

01-03-2014, 06:09 PM #49
    they just talked about this news on CNBC, and all seemed to think this was good news for shareholders.

Enthusiast
    01-03-2014, 06:13 PM #50
    Wow. 3.68....it all just became clear. Thanks John you ****ING PRICK

What a nice guy to give us ALL that premium...

Page 5 of 14 ... 34567 ...