Page 1 of 2 12
    12-29-2013, 01:02 AM #1

Talking Samsung Smart TV SiriusXM App ! - Samsung Get SIRIUS!

Has anybody noticed the SIRIUSXM app available in the Samsung Smart TV App Store?
    It pretty damn awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thenobodies2013; 12-29-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Head Honcho
    12-29-2013, 01:53 AM #2
    When did this new app pop up?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-10-2014, 10:29 PM #3
    about 2 weeks ago. still up + running well.

10-24-2014, 12:48 PM #4

Question Configuration Error. There was a problem configuring Sirius XM.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm getting a Configuration Error connecting to the Samsung TV Smart Hub SiriusXm app now. I have two Samsung TVs (UN32EH5300F / UN50ES6500F) both receiving the same error:

Configuration Error. There was a problem configuring Sirius XM.

IMG_0328.jpg

I have deleted and re-installed the app to no avail. Contacted both SiriusXm and Samsung, nether indicated an issue with their technology yet both pointed blame at each other Does anyone else have this issue?

10-27-2014, 10:45 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtel View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm getting a Configuration Error connecting to the Samsung TV Smart Hub SiriusXm app now. I have two Samsung TVs (UN32EH5300F / UN50ES6500F) both receiving the same error:

Configuration Error. There was a problem configuring Sirius XM.

IMG_0328.jpg

I have deleted and re-installed the app to no avail. Contacted both SiriusXm and Samsung, nether indicated an issue with their technology yet both pointed blame at each other Does anyone else have this issue?
    I have same issue did you get resolution?

10-27-2014, 06:02 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CK007 View Post
    I have same issue did you get resolution?
    No resolution. I am still seeing the same configuration error message. Which Samsung TV Model are using to access the app?

The Sirius app has not changed since July 2014, which leads me to think something may have changed in the Samsung Smart Hub. Looking at the Samsung TV app page for the SiriusXm app I see some models of Samsung TV (including mine) are not listed as supported devices for the app.

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/a...237-compatible

Not sure this is the reason but would be interesting to note if the model you are using is not on the list.

11-12-2014, 11:23 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtel View Post
    No resolution. I am still seeing the same configuration error message. Which Samsung TV Model are using to access the app?

The Sirius app has not changed since July 2014, which leads me to think something may have changed in the Samsung Smart Hub. Looking at the Samsung TV app page for the SiriusXm app I see some models of Samsung TV (including mine) are not listed as supported devices for the app.

http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/a...237-compatible

Not sure this is the reason but would be interesting to note if the model you are using is not on the list.

http://help.unotelly.com/support/art...msung-smart-tv

look at the date, my nextflix and sxm had issue right around android update in early october

11-19-2014, 01:32 PM #8
    I have the same problem as well. Like you I contacted both Sirius and Samsung tech support, and as you said they blamed each other. I assume it's a glitch in the latest Samsung Smart TV update, as it worked in the previous version. Hopefully when the next Smart TV update comes out it will be resolved. Not sure what else can be done in the meantime. I'm able to access SiriusXM on my Roku device just fine, but the Samsung interface was a thousand times better.

11-20-2014, 05:07 PM #9

Exclamation Update

I got a little further with SiriusXM last week, here's their email:

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding our SiriusXM App on Samsung Smart TVs. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We understand your concern; however, some model year 2012 Samsung Smart TVs and Blu Ray players are currently unable to stream SiriusXM Internet Radio. Samsung is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Please contact Samsung at 800-726-7864 and let them know you would like to continue streaming SiriusXM Internet Radio. In the meantime, we encourage you to listen to SiriusXM online or using the SiriusXM app.

Thank you,

Markie
    SiriusXM Listener Care
    1-866-635-2349
    Bringing this comment back to Samsung's App support team they confirmed that they appear to have dropped the support for the App on several 2012 Samsung TV models with last month's rash of Smart Hub updates, but they are not exactly sure why they did drop it as it was working previously with the 2012 models and the app still remains listed as available in the Samsung App store on these models. The issue has been brought forward to Samsung's App development team.

I have an unopened Roku3 here and was going to use that as well. Still holding out hope Samsung will eventually deploy a fix.

11-24-2014, 03:26 PM #10

Thumbs up Resolved!

Samsung has released a new firmware for their 2012 TVs that were impacted by the Configuration Error issue. The new firmware is: Version 2002

Here are the steps to get back to listening to SiriusXM on your SamsungTV:

1. Delete the SiriusXM App from SmartHub
    2. From your TV: Menu > Support > Software Update >Online
    3. Download Firmware 2002
    4. Restart TV
    5. Start SmartHub
    6. Install SiriusXM App from the Lifestyle Category
    7. Login to SiriusXM with your Online Streaming account
    8. Enjoy your listening!

PS Added bonus, to control Favorites in the SiriusXM App:

The favorite option is not yet working in the Samsung SiriusXM app, but you can manage your favorites from a web browser version of the SiriusXM online app from any PC or Mac. Any changes you make form a web browser version to your favorite channels will show up in the Samsung app once you close and reopen it.

WT

Page 1 of 2 12