Page 3 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    12-06-2013, 11:01 AM #21
    Better jobs report...improved consumer confidence...is this the jump start the blue dog needs to head towards $4...

JS

Mentor
    12-06-2013, 11:02 AM #22
    That Barron's article was a BIGFKGSETUP for sure SDeez. They are playing me like a puppet. No news at all from MaloneCo or Meyer on HoldCo or anything else for that matter with the exception of a bullshit appearance on Squawk/CNBC that took the wind out of the sails of longs who thought there was something up......that would be DIPSHITME. No DIVI either

Enthusiast
    12-06-2013, 12:10 PM #23
    let's see if I remember how to do this…

it's been a while…

how you folks doin?

me - I'm good, thanks. haven't been doing much with the market.

I did catch that article - which was likely a part of the pump - but, in reality, I'd imagine that come February - perhaps sooner - we'll be seeing numbers in that range as the new norm.

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 7.59.23 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-12-06 at 8.04.38 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    That Barron's article was a BIGFKGSETUP for sure SDeez. They are playing me like a puppet. No news at all from MaloneCo or Meyer on HoldCo or anything else for that matter with the exception of a bullshit appearance on Squawk/CNBC that took the wind out of the sails of longs who thought there was something up......that would be DIPSHITME. No DIVI either

Mentor
    12-06-2013, 12:20 PM #24
    What's up HB!!

Been a while my friend. Glad to see you show up and give us a visit.

Enthusiast
    12-06-2013, 12:40 PM #25
    indeed - glad to see you on here, too.

I trust that you picked up on The Street's rating falls in line with your "BIGFKGSETUP" snark about Barron's.

After all, how's that old line go…do the opposite of The Street and you'll be fine…limh

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    What's up HB!!

Been a while my friend. Glad to see you show up and give us a visit.

Mentor
    12-06-2013, 12:47 PM #26
    The Street rating from 2011??

As usual HB, you make me think too much.

Addict
    12-06-2013, 01:06 PM #27
    HB, let me also wave and shout a big "Howdy". Good to see your smiling face. Hope everything is treating you okay out there in Sandy Eggo (is that how you use to say it?)............ Do I recall that you set up a new Photography business a couple years ago? If so, I hope it is going well and keeping you out of trouble (or at least helping to pay the bills). Don't be a stranger so long. Come around often with your much-needed and appreciated wisdom.

12-06-2013, 04:53 PM #28
    I guess that it would be naïve of me to think that, even collectively, the 'retail investor' in SIRI could move the stock price in any meaningful way. However, I do offer the following as a reason why upward movement (demand) in the sp may be less than what we all hope/wish that it would be:

Considering the present, tiered structure of the long-term capital gains tax rate one must be aware that selling (for a profit, that is) must be done with a focus on the tax consequences- profiting "too much" thereby increases ones' tax burden significantly- perhaps 30-50% more in taxes owed. How this applies to me is that (buy-wise) I am sitting-on-the-sidelines uninterested in purchases unless a real bargain presents itself. Does anyone else feel the same? From a "seller" perspective, I would like to sell some shares, as I am in a position to sell and only be charged the much-coveted 15% capital gains tax rate. Perhaps there are some investors who a similarly situated... They have no interest in buying when the stock is stagnant. Yet, everytime we get a little upward momentum, we have a rush of retail sellers looking to lock in low-rate capital gains.

It us further asserted by me that some retail investors (again, focused on tiered capital gain tax rates) would like to execute incremental selling- some SIRI shares sold every year- so as to lock in profits but never so much profit that they advance into a higher tier of capital gains tax rate... Any thoughts??
    Last edited by SlapShot27; 12-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Mentor
    12-06-2013, 05:24 PM #29
    It's a theory, SS that may have a little bit to do with the sp but not much in my opinion. We have been in this controlled area for the last 8 weeks. The markets shot up today and SIRI closed flat. SOS with this stock. As soon as THEPOWERS want it to move it will and there is no retail investor or collection of retail investors that can do a damn thing about it. Take out MaloneCo and institutional shares, the retail owns about 23% ish of the stock. We are just along for the ride in either direction.

12-06-2013, 06:52 PM #30
    Is this how the stock market is supposed to function? Pump and dump manipulation, It smells illegal but no one gets charged with a crime. We are in a card game with magicians dealing the cards....

Page 3 of 4 1234