Page 2 of 2 12
    11-14-2013, 02:08 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Yes. Its likely in the back of the jeep on the roof.
    So when you speak of the tuner in the back of the vehicle..this is a separate tuner,not the radio?

Head Honcho
    11-14-2013, 04:09 AM #12
    Its typically a separate tuner. That said, I don't know about every single make and model. The jeep's uconnect system might have something integrated.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-14-2013, 05:04 PM #13
    Its typically a separate tuner. That said, I don't know about every single make and model. The jeep's uconnect system might have something integrated.
    I spoke to a Jeep dealer today,,service advisor said that it is an integrated system. The AM/FM Antenna is in the dash radio itself,and the Satellite Antenna is the roof antenna. He said its impossible for me to diagnose by myself,has to be hooked up to a computer of some sort.

Head Honcho
    11-14-2013, 05:21 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun2570 View Post
    He said its impossible for me to diagnose by myself,has to be hooked up to a computer of some sort.
    Thats a lie. YOU (please dont take offense -- most people can't) might not be able to diagnose it yourself but, it is not impossible for SOMEONE to diagnose it themselves. I dont even believe that hooking up a computer of anykind could diagnose an issue with the antenna wire. Outside of the antenna, I don't think cars even throw computer codes for radio issues.

I would test and replace the antenna myself but, if that kind of work is outside of your wheelhouse, it makes sense to bring it to someone who can. Does the thought of pulling off your dash and removing your radio scare you? If so, head to a local stereo shop, they'll probably charge a heck of a lot less than the stealership.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-14-2013, 10:26 PM #15
    Thats a lie. YOU (please dont take offense -- most people can't) might not be able to diagnose it yourself but, it is not impossible for SOMEONE to diagnose it themselves. I dont even believe that hooking up a computer of anykind could diagnose an issue with the antenna wire. Outside of the antenna, I don't think cars even throw computer codes for radio issues.

I would test and replace the antenna myself but, if that kind of work is outside of your wheelhouse, it makes sense to bring it to someone who can. Does the thought of pulling off your dash and removing your radio scare you? If so, head to a local stereo shop, they'll probably charge a heck of a lot less than the stealership.
    no offense taken..but I wouldn`t take my dash off..never did that before. So the the antenna that Jeep said is the satellite antenna on the roof.. that just unscrews correct? Can it be just the rubber antenna itself that has an issue?

Head Honcho
    11-15-2013, 12:31 AM #16
    no offense taken..
    Glad to hear it. Its hard to not come across as a jerk when you say something like. Rest assured, there are plenty of things I don't know how to do.

So the the antenna that Jeep said is the satellite antenna on the roof.. that just unscrews correct? Can it be just the rubber antenna itself that has an issue?
    It should just unscrew, I know they make a shorter stubby version because people tend to snap these things off on low hanging garage doors and carwashes. Did you notice that you started to lose the signal after a carwash or a run in with a garage door?

Like I said, if you're not comfortable pulling off a dash and playing with wires, you might as well call a local car stereo place. UNLESS you look at that sat rad antenna and its dangling sideways, in that case, you've found your problem.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Joined: Nov 2013 Location: Oakland Gardens, Queens NY Posts: 1
    11-17-2013, 04:42 AM #17
    There are YouTube videos for disassembling dashboards for Jeeps as well as many other cars. Some even show factory radio installation and removal.
    ChuckC

Page 2 of 2 12