Page 2 of 7 1234 ...
    Head Honcho
    09-03-2013, 12:23 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    SB... my only concern is value. Is the 45% really worth $130 billion and does it place the total value of Verizon's wireless at $260B+ ? Seems a little expensive to me. Any thoughts?
    Agreed. Seems very expensive but, how/why does that happen? VZ is paying a premium because they all know something we dont? Short term the stock takes a hit but long term the company reaps rewards?

I dont know how you bet against VZ longterm so, I'm looking for an entry point.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    09-03-2013, 12:56 PM #12
    I sure wish I could play with a little reckless abandon (i.e. willingness to have stayed in NOK until now), but according to the life expectancy tables, I don't feel comfy with what time remains for me to make up for any significant takedowns in my portfolio. I envy and respect you youngsters who can afford to take that risk. KUDOs on your gains.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-03-2013, 03:21 PM #13
    SLY, I do not consider relying on my technical analysis for an entry into this stock "playing with reckless abandon"…..just sayin….

EDIT: And kudos to USA, who brought this fabulous trade to the table in our daily chat several weeks ago! This beer is for you USA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I sure wish I could play with a little reckless abandon (i.e. willingness to have stayed in NOK until now), but according to the life expectancy tables, I don't feel comfy with what time remains for me to make up for any significant takedowns in my portfolio. I envy and respect you youngsters who can afford to take that risk. KUDOs on your gains.
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 09-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Addict
    09-03-2013, 05:29 PM #14
    Oh Geez, that didn't come out right. Bass, my apologies if you took it wrong. I got in NOK at 3.25 and out at 4.25, so I played it safe and took what I could. From that point I didn't look for a re-entry, thinking it just didn't feel right and for me to jump in with visions of hitting a good profit above the $5 mark was simply not a risk I wanted to take. So, in spite of all the guidance, and my own ability to read the tea leaves, my feeble explanation was that such a move to me was a gesture of reckless abandon...........Put in perspective with my earlier post, I chose to take conservative profits when presented to me, feeling that to reach out at a higher level put me in a risk position I'd rather not be in.

Again, I certainly meant no offense to your TA analysis, Bass. This was intended strictly as a reflection on my fear of being able to recover if something went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    SLY, I do not consider relying on my technical analysis for an entry into this stock "playing with reckless abandon"…..just sayin….

EDIT: And kudos to USA, who brought this fabulous trade to the table in our daily chat several weeks ago! This beer is for you USA!!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-03-2013, 08:08 PM #15
    Thanks for the clarification SLY - any by the way, nice profit on NOK!! I never blame anyone for taking profits, it was a total misread by me too. Let's have a beer to both our NOK profits!
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Oh Geez, that didn't come out right. Bass, my apologies if you took it wrong. I got in NOK at 3.25 and out at 4.25, so I played it safe and took what I could. From that point I didn't look for a re-entry, thinking it just didn't feel right and for me to jump in with visions of hitting a good profit above the $5 mark was simply not a risk I wanted to take. So, in spite of all the guidance, and my own ability to read the tea leaves, my feeble explanation was that such a move to me was a gesture of reckless abandon...........Put in perspective with my earlier post, I chose to take conservative profits when presented to me, feeling that to reach out at a higher level put me in a risk position I'd rather not be in.

Again, I certainly meant no offense to your TA analysis, Bass. This was intended strictly as a reflection on my fear of being able to recover if something went wrong.

Mentor
    09-04-2013, 10:01 AM #16
    It does turn quick....but, with the Macro head winds and relatively low volume TheDog could get stuck around the 3.72 area..GLTA

SiriHiLo.jpg

Mentor
    09-04-2013, 10:03 AM #17
    SAAR "well over 16MN" as per CNBC

Mentor
    09-04-2013, 10:32 AM #18
    SiriusXm<<<TheDog>>>>and Fox News extend Broadcast agreement

"SiriusXm will also Broadcast Fox Business Network under new Pact"

As per EtradePro news feed....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sirius...143000980.html

CONTENTCONTENTCONTENT.......THEDOGISSPORTINGFULLWO OD!....Watch your A$$ SM
    Last edited by denco1; 09-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Mentor
    09-04-2013, 10:41 AM #19
    SiriusXM and FOX News Extend Broadcast Agreement

Long term agreement makes SiriusXM exclusive audio home for FOX News and FOX Business Network

FOX News and FOX Business Network, along with FOX News Talk, to stream on SiriusXM Internet Radio

09-04-2013, 11:13 AM #20
    Great Article on Auto Sales... Helps put things into perspective. If you are a Sirius XM investor, it's a must read.

http://www.registercitizen.com/gener...-sales-on-fire

Page 2 of 7 1234 ...