08-29-2013, 06:51 PM #1

Need help with 3 questions

My dilemma: I'm relatively new to the SiriusXM world, having subscribed to SiriusXM with our new Chevy truck. We RV about 6 months out of the year, and the rest of the time, we're home. We enjoyed listening to music and talk shows during our 6 months on the road. Now, we are back home, and we'd like to have the same listening experience in our home. I've researched the various receivers: Onyx, Edge, Lynx, and think I understand the differences. I've also researched the various subscriptions. and likewise I think I understand the differences. I'm trying to keep the costs reasonable, so I'm debating whether to add the second (discounted) subscription. I'm also aware that we can add internet for a few bucks a month. However, the internet version blocks out a couple of our favorite channels. To add to the dilemma, I've read that Lynx is being discontinued, and I was ready to buy the Lynx. I ask your help with 3 questions. Please weigh in.

Question 1: Should I buy the Lynx and not worry about it being discontinued? Opinions?

Question 2: Should I pay the money for the 2nd discounted subscription or use the car kit to wire my portable receiver into the car? Opinions?

Question 3: Should I try to use our $300 Bose iPod docking speakers to save money instead of buying the BB2 docking speakers? Opinions?

I would really appreciate any advise from SiriusXM users. Thanks in advance!
    Carl
    Last edited by cscarlson; 09-04-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Head Honcho
    09-20-2013, 02:49 PM #2
    The questions are so deeply personal that they are difficult to answer.

I dont think you'll be sorry if you purchase the Lynx. I wouldnt worry about it being discontinued, all of the portable radios are retired for newer/better versions.

Which channels do you listen to that aren't available online?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder