Page 2 of 9 1234 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    08-26-2013, 11:59 AM #11
    a couple of my apple thoughts in the other thread…

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...1613#post81613

Addict
    08-26-2013, 12:17 PM #12
    My last load of DDD was 14 trading days ago when it bounced off the lower trend line (reference lessons from "Stikky Stock Charts") at $45. This morning when it hit $53 I placed a trailing stop down $2.50, so if it shows a crazy dip, at least i'll be out with a quick 10% gain (and looking for the next available entry point)........PS. And I have a similar story to tell about GMCR which I purchased 7 business days ago at $74, placed a $3 trailing stop on it this morning when it hit $87.79 (17+% gain so far), so I should be able to stop out with decent gains if/when it decides to take a break. BTW, I'm using proceeds from my SIRI sales/gains of a couple months ago........ and so far the gains have outstripped what they would have been had I left them in SIRI............But I did take a new position in SIRI last week, so it'll be interesting to see how it might grow............ AND Finally, thanks to the Bassman (again) for bringing that "Stikky" book to our attention.........I think I'm batting about 75% success using only the lessons from that little book...... Wonder what might happen once I get those three new TA books in the mail.

Addict
    08-26-2013, 01:01 PM #13
    just breaking a new 52 week high on huge volume, i am not selling any DDD until possibly the end of this week after this run ensues….

it sounds like you are doing well SLY….

not to brag, but I have been doing quite well myself lately…...in the last 10 months, my portfolio has grown 159% and counting…..my goal is 200% and I have 2 more months……c'mon FB, daddy needs a new fishing pole!

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    My last load of DDD was 14 trading days ago when it bounced off the lower trend line (reference lessons from "Stikky Stock Charts") at $45. This morning when it hit $53 I placed a trailing stop down $2.50, so if it shows a crazy dip, at least i'll be out with a quick 10% gain (and looking for the next available entry point)........PS. And I have a similar story to tell about GMCR which I purchased 7 business days ago at $74, placed a $3 trailing stop on it this morning when it hit $87.79 (17+% gain so far), so I should be able to stop out with decent gains if/when it decides to take a break. BTW, I'm using proceeds from my SIRI sales/gains of a couple months ago........ and so far the gains have outstripped what they would have been had I left them in SIRI............But I did take a new position in SIRI last week, so it'll be interesting to see how it might grow............ AND Finally, thanks to the Bassman (again) for bringing that "Stikky" book to our attention.........I think I'm batting about 75% success using only the lessons from that little book...... Wonder what might happen once I get those three new TA books in the mail.
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 08-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Addict
    08-26-2013, 02:02 PM #14
    I'm quite pleased with my results too, Bass, but I can't hold a candle to your gains. My mistake was that I bought my new fishing pole on credit so I've had to scramble to pay for it, and consequently have made some knee-jerk decisions which cost me

Good going. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    just breaking a new 52 week high on huge volume, i am not selling any DDD until possibly the end of this week after this run ensues….

it sounds like you are doing well SLY….

not to brag, but I have been doing quite well myself lately…...in the last 10 months, my portfolio has grown 159% and counting…..my goal is 200% and I have 2 more months……c'mon FB, daddy needs a new fishing pole!

Addict
    08-26-2013, 03:39 PM #15
    Following cut and paste is from Seeking Alpha today:
    3D printer makers fly higher following Citi's coverage launches • 2:02 PM
    • 3D Systems (DDD +9.3%) and Stratasys (SSYS +5.7%), which were started at Buy by Citi's Ken Wong, are shooting higher, and so is rival ExOne (XONE +4.6%).
    • Wong has set a $60 PT for 3D Systems, and a $125 PT from Stratasys. He sees the 3D printing market growing over 3x over the next 5 years to $6B+, and thinks the industry is nearing a tipping point with regards to wider consumer adoption.

Addict
    08-26-2013, 04:02 PM #16
    that's a little lower than my $65-$70 target

don't expect a FB type of pop, it may be a little more gradual but I intend on making a few trades along the way….i supplemented my DDD share count with some additional shares I purchased EOD today
    Following cut and paste is from Seeking Alpha today:
    3D printer makers fly higher following Citi's coverage launches • 2:02 PM
    • 3D Systems (DDD +9.3%) and Stratasys (SSYS +5.7%), which were started at Buy by Citi's Ken Wong, are shooting higher, and so is rival ExOne (XONE +4.6%).
    • Wong has set a $60 PT for 3D Systems, and a $125 PT from Stratasys. He sees the 3D printing market growing over 3x over the next 5 years to $6B+, and thinks the industry is nearing a tipping point with regards to wider consumer adoption.

Addict
    08-26-2013, 04:15 PM #17
    Bass, I think I see how it is that your performance out performs mine........... My $3 trailing stop on DDD triggered right near the closing bell, yielding a cool 14% gain is just three weeks. Ironically, I had that trailing stop set exactly at the upper trend line, so it couldn't have been better If I had been watching for it to bounce down............Now, all I need is a good bounce so I can jump back in and ride it back up.................. likely that won't happen however, as you and others are indicating the target price will be in the near future............. So here you are with a boat load of DDD ready to ride upward, and I must await a dip to be able to get back in.
    Something wrong with that picture.

Addict
    08-26-2013, 04:58 PM #18
    looks like I bought some of your shares SLY, but don't ever fret taking profits. I may be wanting to hold these shares longer term than you. 14% in 3 weeks….if you keep that up on every transaction, you will be rich faster than you know it

and in all fairness, after reviewing a prior article of mine here, my initial target range was $55 to $71, and I mentioned that the truth was somewhere in the middle….by all math that I know, that leaves me with an initial target of $63….I overstated my initial target on my prior post by a few $, but it was still within my range

the hardest part i learned about investing is knowing when to sell, and I am still learning there. But when a stock I am expecting to breakout does just that on huge volume, I am buying more on the pullback and riding it higher to my target prices because it is acting exactly how I wanted it to… but you will never go broke locking in 15% gains, ever….keep it up SLY
    Bass, I think I see how it is that your performance out performs mine........... My $3 trailing stop on DDD triggered right near the closing bell, yielding a cool 14% gain is just three weeks. Ironically, I had that trailing stop set exactly at the upper trend line, so it couldn't have been better If I had been watching for it to bounce down............Now, all I need is a good bounce so I can jump back in and ride it back up.................. likely that won't happen however, as you and others are indicating the target price will be in the near future............. So here you are with a boat load of DDD ready to ride upward, and I must await a dip to be able to get back in.
    Something wrong with that picture.
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 08-26-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Mentor
    08-26-2013, 06:41 PM #19
    Thanks for the update Bassman!!! Sure as hell hope your call is correct on this one!!! Hell...I hope they're correct on all of em!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    a couple of my apple thoughts in the other thread…

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...1613#post81613

Addict
    08-26-2013, 07:13 PM #20
    Hey Bass, you posted a couple of Ebooks for the Kindle a while back, one on options trading, and the other I can't remember, think it was about candlesticks. If there's anyway possible can you re-post them. Just got a new Tablet, the Galaxy note, and I think I can read them now. Thanks for all you contribute. Unless we get news, something like, " AT&T and SiriusXM join forces to offer new hardware utilizing cutting edge telematics technology to the masses" We are dead in the water, imo. It's coming tho!!! GLA

It appears MACD is converging on the threshold...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Redcloud; 08-26-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Page 2 of 9 1234 ...